Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)
What does the supremacy clause have to do with immigration?

If Obastard had been president.

pearl.jpg

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... dat's what we need to do...

... with any No. Koreans...

... or Mooslamic jihadis...

... in dis country now."

What I read or heard was the reasoning for the interment of Japanese on the west coast was because they knew who were spies but didn't want the Japanese to know they knew so they interred all of the Japanese. Didn't really have to do with race per se except it was Japan that did bomb Pearl.

What I read or heard was the reasoning for the interment of Japanese on the west coast was because they knew who were spies but didn't want the Japanese to know they knew so they interred all of the Japanese. Didn't really have to do with race per se except it was Japan that did bomb Pearl.
If that was true it would have seemed like a better idea to leave the spies free and feed them fake info. Kind of like the media does to all the libs.

Last edited:
Japanese internment was bullshit. I cant believe the SC sided with it.

Who said anything about race ?

Japanese internment was bullshit. I cant believe the SC sided with it.
So you can assure us that without the internment, no harm would have come to Americans ? If so, please tell us how you can know that.

If that was true it would have seemed like a better idea to leave the spies free and feed then fake info. Kind of like the media does to all the libs.

Wasn't so much as being worried about spies, though there were several, as it was about the fear of sabotage from the Japanese. At that time there was palpable fear of a Japanese invasion of the West Coast and that the ones here would support it. It was only after the war that we found out that neither Japan or Germany had any invasion plans for the U.S.

Japanese internment IS a black mark in our history, but at the time it was a reasonable action to take in defense of our country. The "Japanese Threat" was real in the lives of the people.

Single biggest mistakes liberals make and conservative do not rebuke enough is looking at acts of yesteryear thru the evaluative social and moral lens of today

It worked

There was no Japanese terrorism
Can't deny that.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

FDR was a freak'n military genius

He used interred Japanese as hostages

Hey Hirohito! Try that shit again and these Japs get it!
Notice how the Japanese didn't attack us again?

Forum List

Back