Intermittent Fasting. Just introduced to this. Anyone doing this?

Restrictive fad diets are unhealthy.
There is nothing restrictive or faddish about intermittent fasting. In fact it is how humans have eaten for most of our existence
It's just another fad diet.
How can it be a fad if it's the way people have eaten for millions of years
You do know that the whole 3 meals a day thing is quite a recent development compared to intermittent fasting don't you?. So it seems really that 3 meals a day and food pyramids are the fads and look where they got us.

I don't know if it qualifies but apparently I've been doing a 14-10(as opposed to 16-8) fast forever. I eat a piece of fruit on my way to work around 8am, have a salad for lunch and eat dinner around 6pm. Who knew, I'm a trendsetter!

No, Muhammed, your denial is just another fad denial.
I worked as a professional nutritionist and personal trainer for years. You don't don't know jack shit about nutrition. Like most restrictive fad diets, intermittent fasting causes malnutrition and decreases your energy levels and mental function.

You are making matters up, M boy. Read the material on the I F program. If done properly, no malnutrition and no energy losses will occur. You need to stay updated if that is your field.

No, Muhammed, your denial is just another fad denial.
I worked as a professional nutritionist and personal trainer for years. You don't don't know jack shit about nutrition. Like most restrictive fad diets, intermittent fasting causes malnutrition and decreases your energy levels and mental function.

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. Perhaps if you fast for a day or two, but not as it is written or shown in the links.

Eating 3 meals a day causes your insulin production to go up and down multiple times. Your body works to level that out instead of making fat available for energy. It takes a few days to get your body shifted over, but my energy levels are great and my mental functions are better than before.

But let's see, do I believe you (who claims to have been a nutritionist) or do I believe a doctor at Emory who has been researching human dietary needs and nutrition for years?

Forum List

Back