Intermittent Fasting. Just introduced to this. Anyone doing this?

Not good for you. Low calorie, low fat diet, all the food groups, fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, lots of water, all things in moderation, exercise. That's what is good for you. Don't follow trends.

Actually, this is very good for you. And avoiding grains is good for you as well.
The human body was never meant to primarily sustain itself on complex carbohydrates. Fats are meant to be its primary fuel source.
Good fats, Skimmed lard, real butter(clarified/ghee is better), avocado,coconut oil, olive oil(cold only TV chefs are liars) cold water fish,whole poultry(not Goldsteins chicken breast 2%) ,goats milk,lamb, REAL cheese from REAL cows milk-goat-lamb. It's hard to eat well in the city unless you're smart and rich.
Tell me about it... Fish is so fucking expensive!

Not good for you. Low calorie, low fat diet, all the food groups, fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, lots of water, all things in moderation, exercise. That's what is good for you. Don't follow trends.

Actually, this is very good for you. And avoiding grains is good for you as well.
The human body was never meant to primarily sustain itself on complex carbohydrates. Fats are meant to be its primary fuel source.
We probably were never meant to sit hours on end in front of a computer screen.

Meaning, many people have been brainwashed by the typical hype in the media that hates promoting personal responsiblity, that we are eating far worse today than we ever have. Which is completely untrue. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There was JUNK FOOD in the 40s, 50s, 60s.....

Mcdonalds has been around for a while and so have sugary drinks like Coke. There was no such thing as diet drinks until the 70s and they did not become popular until the 80s.

There were no health smoothies and there were NO FOOD LABELS. Many if not most homes had big tubs of Crisco in their cupboards, and that is pure lard. To say nothing that cigarette smoke was everywhere.

What else was not around back during that time was cable TV or video games, or personal computers. Meaning, most KIDS were far more active. Our parents would insist that we go outside and FIND AN ACTIVITY. Hell, most of us wanted to go outside since there was really nothing else to do.

So, what does all of that mean? It means that our obesity "problem" is more about sedentary BEHAVIOR than what we eat. However, the left wing movement wants GOVERNMENT to be in every aspect of our lives, so they guise their "concerns for our health."

Words like "behavior" or personal responsibility" is what the left wing media will NOT HYPE. That is what all of this is about.

As far as intermittent fasting or fasting itself, it promotes discipline and behavior. Depriving ourselves of food is actually a good thing in many ways. Plenty of studies that show it too.

Good fats, Skimmed lard, real butter(clarified/ghee is better), avocado,coconut oil, olive oil(cold only TV chefs are liars) cold water fish,whole poultry(not Goldsteins chicken breast 2%) ,goats milk,lamb, REAL cheese from REAL cows milk-goat-lamb. It's hard to eat well in the city unless you're smart and rich.

It's the price of tackle ...

dynamite-155496_960_720.png

Indeed......I opted for planB. There's a few down there. The key is gettting a good education(I dropped out in 9 th grade) . Tilapia which I trade some for the aforementioned rainbow trout. Tilapia is a good option...as long as it's from LatAm and not gooklandia but is lacking in omega6. Thats where the trout and sardine comes in
frontpond.jpg

I'm doing it.
I am not a weight lifter. I fast 20 hours every few days. At least so far.

Prayerful fasting. It's a wonderful experience. We aren't made to eat 24 hours a day every day.
Agreed. Primitive man was rarely eating three meals a day. Its more likely that they ate 3-4 times a week.
And their life expectancy was 25.
Not true. However it was lower than today; though not due to diet...

Tilapias are best from mountain water
I'm doing it.

Prayerful fasting. It's a wonderful experience. We aren't made to eat 24 hours a day every day.
Agreed. Primitive man was rarely eating three meals a day. Its more likely that they ate 3-4 times a week.
Pre-Adamic. They were primates of a sort. Then the gene was modified and the age went to many hundreds.....then that was a fail...... so we wiped that and backed the clock down to 120 max(more or less)--post Noah.
Genetic modification is never exact.

I'm doing it.

It wasn't their diet.

In fact infection caused many deaths. Injuries caused many deaths. What we now know as treatable and often curable diseases caused many deaths.

Intermittent fasting is not really a diet. It is about adjusting your eating pattern.

We do the 16/8 method. We eat during a specific 8 hour period and fast for 16 hours. Once your body adjusts, it is fairly easy to maintain.

Fasting gives you a jump in human growth hormones, keeps insulin levels low, and starts a cellular repair/regeneration process. All of those are good things. And it is less about what you eat and more about when you eat.

Genes.
It is everything.
You have good ones, or you have bad ones.
Not to say the food we eat has no bearing on our health, of course it does...but within reason, generally it has a helluva lot less to do with your health and longevity than - genes. And that is something you can do nothing about.

Genes.
It is everything.
Not to say the food we eat has no bearing on our health, of course it does...but within reason, generally it has a helluva lot less to do with your health and longevity than - genes. And that is something you can do nothing about.
Disagree with you, iam, on this. Your diet makes you. The genes are certainly important, but diet, exercise, not smoking, minimal alcohol intake, no drugs, no crazy women or men: all factors, genetic and environmental and dietary can make for a great physical and emotional life.

Genes.
It is everything.
Disagree with you, iam, on this. Your diet makes you. The genes are certainly important, but diet, exercise, not smoking, minimal alcohol intake, no drugs, no crazy women or men: all factors, genetic and environmental and dietary can make for a great physical and emotional life.

Note the "within reason" and "generally" remarks.
If a person eats a sensible diet their genes have more to do with their longevity and overall health than the food.
Of course if you eat McDonalds everyday, drink 3-4 beers a day, smoke and sit on the couch 8 hours a day - no matter your genes, your gonna die earlier than you would otherwise.
But the human body is remarkably adaptable. Throughout our history humans have survived and thrived on extraordinary differences in diet. It seems, we can get along very nicely on just about anything we find.
What the human body was NOT meant to eat - is corporate frankenfoods. Wherein the content of the food is not natural, and exponentially higher in sodium and sugars than any natural food.
You wanna have less risk getting cancer, avoid obesity and diabetes? Then stop eating processed foods. The ONLY food humans were not designed to eat.

Genes.
It is everything.

Tell that to my college lit professor. Who did everything right, was a dedicated runner who ran right up until she gave birth, who ate only clean healthy food all her life and did not use drugs or imbibe..and who died of cancer in her low 50s.

Or one of the assistant DAs in my hometown...who ate healthy and ran daily and died of an asthma attack on his front lawn.

A healthy lifestyle is healthy, but the whole idea that more people who eat crappy food get cancer than do people who religiously monitor every intake and every output is a lie.

Wait a minute I'm saying that to fakey...of course it's a lie. Anything he espouses is a lie, everybody knows that. What a waste of time.

I've been doing IF and really enjoy it. I do it prayerfully and it is an amazing thing.

Genes.
It is everything.

Tell that to my college lit professor. Who did everything right, was a dedicated runner who ran right up until she gave birth, who ate only clean healthy food all her life and did not use drugs or imbibe..and who died of cancer in her low 50s.

Or one of the assistant DAs in my hometown...who ate healthy and ran daily and died of an asthma attack on his front lawn.

A healthy lifestyle is healthy, but the whole idea that more people who eat crappy food get cancer than do people who religiously monitor every intake and every output is a lie.

Wait a minute I'm saying that to fakey...of course it's a lie. Anything he espouses is a lie, everybody knows that. What a waste of time.
If she had not done all that, she make well have died much, much earlier, flakeykoshergrl.

You are generally a doosh, yes, but on the IF, yes, it is a great tool in the stay healthy kit.

Forum List

Back