Intermittent Fasting. Just introduced to this. Anyone doing this?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Here are some videos showing the basics of it.

Other videos are out there like this. I find it interesting.

Anyone, know anything about this?

Not good for you. Low calorie, low fat diet, all the food groups, fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, lots of water, all things in moderation, exercise. That's what is good for you. Don't follow trends.

Not good for you. Low calorie, low fat diet, all the food groups, fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, lots of water, all things in moderation, exercise. That's what is good for you. Don't follow trends.
I live in Spain. Spanish people eat lots of sausage, lots of oil (olive mostly), butter, lots of bread (white mostly), lots of fruit and veggies, drink wine, eat lots of fish (especially sardines which have a full isle all to themselves in the supermarket), eat delicious pastries, and so on. They don't fast. They have the 4th highest life expectancy in the world. The US is 31st, despite all the jogging and health clubs, besides all the new age BS, besides dietary trends, etc.

Eat all the food groups, all things in moderation, exercise regularly.

Another thing Spain has is a very good national healthcare program. Something the rightwingers in the US are vehemently against. However, it contributes to the higher life expectancy.

I only fast when the minnows avoid me. And I have abs of steel.
skipper.jpg

Actually, this is very good for you. And avoiding grains is good for you as well.

I'm doing it.
I am not a weight lifter. I fast 20 hours every few days. At least so far.

Prayerful fasting. It's a wonderful experience. We aren't made to eat 24 hours a day every day.

I live in Spain. Spanish people eat lots of sausage, lots of oil (olive mostly), butter, lots of bread (white mostly), lots of fruit and veggies, drink wine, eat lots of fish (especially sardines which have a full isle all to themselves in the supermarket), eat delicious pastries, and so on. They don't fast. They have the 4th highest life expectancy in the world. The US is 31st, despite all the jogging and health clubs, besides all the new age BS, besides dietary trends, etc.

Eat all the food groups, all things in moderation, exercise regularly.
We're 31st because the way all the black people kill each other brings the life expectancy down for the rest of us.

Yes. Please avoid beans,corn(real) rice barley and eggs at all cost. Dr Hymie has a good recipe for granola((corn oil glue--GM) and remember, no lard, coconut oil or any of that either.
Country.....The key to life.Gotta go add weight to the cheese press.

Last edited:

Actually, this is very good for you. And avoiding grains is good for you as well.
The human body was never meant to primarily sustain itself on complex carbohydrates. Fats are meant to be its primary fuel source.

I'm doing it.
I am not a weight lifter. I fast 20 hours every few days. At least so far.

Prayerful fasting. It's a wonderful experience. We aren't made to eat 24 hours a day every day.
Agreed. Primitive man was rarely eating three meals a day. Its more likely that they ate 3-4 times a week.

I've done it for years.

I'll routinely fast 3 days a week and I'll eat only every other day for a month 3 or 4 times a year

The human body is well adapted to this type of eating

The human body was never meant to primarily sustain itself on complex carbohydrates. Fats are meant to be its primary fuel source.
Good fats, Skimmed lard, real butter(clarified/ghee is better), avocado,coconut oil, olive oil(cold only TV chefs are liars) cold water fish,whole poultry(not Goldsteins chicken breast 2%) ,goats milk,lamb, REAL cheese from REAL cows milk-goat-lamb. It's hard to eat well in the city unless you're smart and rich.

Forum List

Back