Everyone should get healthy at least once.

I can't go the whole day, I make it til about 5 or 6 pm and then I gotta eat something.
I start the fast on Friday evening after a light supper. There's no "24 hour" rule, just skipping meals is the key. The average person's body is processing up to six meals at any given time, so any relief is beneficial.

Last edited:
A word of caution about fasting.
Most view fasting as a useful health fad and don't really get into it seriously. Fasting is very serious business when done properly, and one should approach fasting with great caution, learning all you can about it before attempting a serious fast (of at least three days duration).

The one-day fast basically cleans up your blood, but to even begin to get at debris at the cellular level takes more time, at least three days, and can involve great discomfort physically and mentally.
So, to any who wish to really 'clean house' through fasting, learn all you can, and proceed with caution. As Paul Bragg stated, "You are on nature's operating table" when on a prolonged fast.

A word of caution about fasting.
Most view fasting as a useful health fad and don't really get into it seriously. Fasting is very serious business when done properly, and one should approach fasting with great caution, learning all you can about it before attempting a serious fast (of at least three days duration).

The one-day fast basically cleans up your blood, but to even begin to get at debris at the cellular level takes more time, at least three days, and can involve great discomfort physically and mentally.
So, to any who wish to really 'clean house' through fasting, learn all you can, and proceed with caution. As Paul Bragg stated, "You are on nature's operating table" when on a prolonged fast.
Some claim dry fasting for several days can do wonders for your health. Maybe so, but I’ve never tried it.

Could be a little hard on the kidneys.
He claims a seven day dry fast results in numerous health benefits. I‘ve read others who claim the same. It essentially rids the body of harmful cells resulting in new cells, which result in a longer healthy life.

He claims a seven day dry fast results in numerous health benefits. I‘ve read others who claim the same. It essentially rids the body of harmful cells resulting in new cells, which result in a longer healthy life.
Without proper preparation a seven day fast of any kind would put most in danger of serious health consequences.

The whole body basically renews itself over a years' time. So, everyone has the opportunity for a 'new' body annually.

Without proper preparation a seven day fast of any kind would put most in danger of serious health consequences.

The whole body basically renews itself over a years' time. So, everyone has the opportunity for a 'new' body annually.
He’s a retired NASA Ph.D. in his seventies and does a seven dry fast annually. Has done it for several years. He cites numerous studies showing it’s beneficial effects. He does outline procedures he takes prior to the fast. He’s also in good health…doesn’t take any big pharma poison pills or have any diseases.

He’s a retired NASA Ph.D. in his seventies and does a seven dry fast annually. Has done it for several years. He cites numerous studies showing it’s beneficial effects. He does outline procedures he takes prior to the fast. He’s also in good health…doesn’t take any big pharma poison pills or have any diseases.
He must eat a lot between fasts as he is carrying quite a bit of fat on his upper arms, chest, and hips. He also mistakenly called water fasting a "water diet". As water has no nutritional value it can hardly be called a "diet". I would call his method a 'novelty fast' based on the protocols.

Last edited:
He must eat a lot between fasts as he is carrying quite a bit of fat on his upper arms, chest, and hips. He also mistakenly called water fasting a "water diet". As water has no nutritional value it can hardly be called a "diet". I would call his method a 'novelty fast' based on the protocols.
He looks skinny to me. Not much fat in him. for a guy in his 70s, he looks pretty good. Water diet is rather descriptive for describing a water fast.

He looks skinny to me. Not much fat in him. for a guy in his 70s, he looks pretty good. Water diet is rather descriptive for describing a water fast.
If you want to redefine the meaning of diet, sure. A water fast is usually called a complete fast as no nutrition of any kind is taken during the fast.

Fad.

I have been fit for the vast majority of my life and never once did any fasting. I have never been overweight but I have had cholesterol, high blood pressure and high triglyceride levels in the past when I listened to the "experts" on what to eat.

Sure if you eat nothing but shit food and you want to clean the resulting sludge out of your gun and wring out all the lipids floating around in your blood you can fast for a few days but it will do nothing for you long term.

The diet I follow has no sludge. 100% whole foods , no animal products, no processed shit and I exercise every day. That's all anyone needs.

Fad.

I have been fit for the vast majority of my life and never once did any fasting. I have never been overweight but I have had cholesterol, high blood pressure and high triglyceride levels in the past when I listened to the "experts" on what to eat.

Sure if you eat nothing but shit food and you want to clean the resulting sludge out of your gun and wring out all the lipids floating around in your blood you can fast for a few days but it will do nothing for you long term.

The diet I follow has no sludge. 100% whole foods , no animal products, no processed shit and I exercise every day. That's all anyone needs.
At the end of the day fasting is complete physical and mental rejuvenation. Not everyone needs it as they don't tax themselves that much. For those who do fasting is a godsend.

At the end of the day fasting is complete physical and mental rejuvenation. Not everyone needs it as they don't tax themselves that much. For those who do fasting is a godsend.

It's a fad at the end of the day.

Tell you what try to keep up with my workouts after not eating for 3 days.

It's a fad at the end of the day.

Tell you what try to keep up with my workouts after not eating for 3 days.
I have my own positive experiences with fasting. That's what is important to me. :)

Forum List

Back