Interesting Question for Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://functionalambivalent.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/bush_and_greatn.html

2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    It is a rare thing to see a liberal who is willing to ask the tough questions of himself, his colleagues, and his ideology. Peter Collier and David Horowitz did it, found themselves ostracized and vilified by the left, and - more to the point - stopped being liberals. This reinforces my long-held belief that liberalism requires of its disciples a kind of self-imposed blindness. Hard questions, you see, lead to ANSWERS.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Kathianne, if your waiting for an actual truthful answer, you may need to an extra pot of coffee while you wait.. :teeth:

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Check this out: Jon Stewart - Nancy Soderberg

That is a video!

I am looking for transcripts, but I can't find any yet. But here is the jist of it for those that cannot download the video.

Jon Stewart and Nancy Soderberg are discussing her new book. As the convsation goes along, Jon Stewart starts freaking out and saying "you know, my kids are going to go to a high school named after him [George Bush] he also says, the Republicans are gonna say that Reagan has nothing on Bush, etc. They were discussing how Bush has been successful and they don't understand HOW! But Soderberg really flubs up, in my opinion, when she says, "we still have Iran and North Korea" as in, hey if he screws up there, the Democrats will be okay! In other words, she would rather see some death and destruction so the dems can get back into power. Can you believe that? She even said that Bush's success is not good for the Democrats.

Crazy they are, I'ma tell'n ya, nuttier than can be!

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    I agree, freeand fun1. It's almost as if these ghouls are saying, "Take heart - the news for humanity can't possibly STAY this good"! I swear to God, if George Bush found the cure for cancer, the left would be saying, "Don't worry, folks - we've still got AIDS"! Heartless bastards.