Indianapolis To Drop Rush Limbaugh

Some oBe might have said this already but it's worth repeating:

YAWN!

These days hardly anyone listens to local radio. With satellite radio, I Heart Radio etc., everyone in Indy will still be able to listen to Rush.

Limbaugh is done.

Lol, you losers have been saying that for 25 years. Moron.

I wouldn't be too proud of the fact that he has been around for so long. The fact that he can thrive and grow rich on such a schtick as his talk radio show isn't very flattering.

You totally missed the point. The left has been predicting the demise of his show ever since he's been on. Predictions today are laughable.

Limbaugh is done.

I wouldn't be too proud of the fact that he has been around for so long. The fact that he can thrive and grow rich on such a schtick as his talk radio show isn't very flattering.

You totally missed the point. The left has been predicting the demise of his show ever since he's been on. Predictions today are laughable.

I guess "liberals" gave Rush listeners more credit than they were due then.

Limbaugh is done.

"Credit" from liberals isn't worth spit.

Limbaugh is done.

About what Rush's opinions are worth intellectually speaking.

Let me help you since you don't seem to know what "Intellectually" actually means. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't have value.

Let me help you since you don't seem to know what "Intellectually" actually means. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't have value.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with them, it has to do with base methodologies and basic standards and the fact that he isn't a journalist but a self professed entertainer. There is little of significant intellectual value in his program. That's the way it is with most TV and radio talk show personalities. It's just the nature of the business.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with them, it has to do with base methodologies and basic standards and the fact that he isn't a journalist but a self professed entertainer. There is little of significant intellectual value in his program. That's the way it is with most TV and radio talk show personalities. It's just the nature of the business.

Like Bill Mahar and Jon Stewart?

Yes. Though Jon Stewart is at least more open about the fact that he is largely an entertainer. Bill and Rush tend to brand themselves as true intellectuals / journalists, even if they aren't keen to officially classify themselves as such for legal reasons.

Yeah well you are wrong about that. I know, I've actually listened to him.

Yes. Though Jon Stewart is at least more open about the fact that he is largely an entertainer. Bill and Rush tend to brand themselves as true intellectuals / journalists, even if they aren't keen to officially classify themselves as such for legal reasons.

Wrong again. Rush never calls himself an intellectual, he makes fun of them. He is forthright about being an entertainer. Again you show that you have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinion isn't worth spit.

Wrong again. Rush never calls himself an intellectual, he makes fun of them. He is forthright about being an entertainer. Again you show that you have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinion isn't worth spit.

Do you know why they call themselves entertainers instead of journalists? Because they don't have to care about accuracy if they are labeled entertainers. It protects them from slander and liable charges.

Do you know why they call themselves entertainers instead of journalists? Because they don't have to care about accuracy if they are labeled entertainers. It protects them from slander and liable charges.

Like I said, not worth spit.

Exactly. The fact that entertainers don't have to hold themselves to basic sets of intellectual standards in their reporting means that they tend to be less than intellectually honest in said reporting. It also means that they can more easier gear their message to their audiences which means bigger bucks. They are the journalistic equivalents of sell-outs. More committed to money than to honest reporting.

Exactly. The fact that entertainers don't have to hold themselves to basic sets of intellectual standards in their reporting means that they tend to be less than intellectually honest in said reporting. It also means that they can more easier gear their message to their audiences which means bigger bucks. They are the journalistic equivalents of sell-outs. More committed to money than to honest reporting.

No dumbass, if you remember, it was liberal opinions that I said weren't worth spit.

No dumbass, if you remember, it was liberal opinions that I said weren't worth spit.

Forum List

Back