Incarceration rates

So, what happened in 1980 to so radically alter this...

View attachment 228140
Interesting, do you know?!? The curve really took on a direction there...!

View attachment 228140

That's for the federal prison and that is a bit misleading. Are there corporations that have taken advantage of it? You bet. Gates was one of them. Additionally, you have point in time counts.
A question that has nothing to do with left or right. Why is it that the US has such extreme high incarceration rate?

Is it because Americans are more criminal in general and American police is just super effective?

Or is it economically motivated - cheap labour and private interests in the industry?

List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia

Is this something you feel comfortable with or is it something you would like to see changed?
If you cannot do the time then don't do the crime.

The USA has rampant crime.

Especially from Negroes.
Don't forget liberals. And they want to let them out. Liberals slapping criminals on the hand and emptying prisons are why we have so much crime. And for the dumb people, we have so many locked up because we have a huge population. Of criminals. I say let the dope smokers out and start locking up violent people forever.

Liberalas have been in control, incarceration rates goes up regardless. There seems to be no conflict between parties regarding this matter. No one seems to empty prisons, on the contrary, more prisons are planned.

No. Incarcerations have dropped.

A question that has nothing to do with left or right. Why is it that the US has such extreme high incarceration rate?

Is it because Americans are more criminal in general and American police is just super effective?

Or is it economically motivated - cheap labour and private interests in the industry?

Is this something you feel comfortable with or is it something you would like to see changed?

In some ways I think having a high incarceration rate could be beneficial in some way. I actually think increasing incarceration rates by a lot would actually help a lot of people. For example the homeless or very poor. In prison they get a free rent free place to stay, free food, showers, fitness center, TV, entertainment, free healthcare. All paid for by the government.

I have known people who have committed crimes just to go back to prison because they cannot financially survive on their own outside of prison. They come out have few skills, they have a record so not many employers want to hire them, they have no money, no healthcare, no place to live.

In some ways I think we should actually make prisons even nicer to live in. That way homeless people can live there and get healthcare and all things paid for by the state instead of living on the street. Low income families can elect to go to prison who can't afford healthcare, a place to live, or feed themselves.

It should be like a national campaign to improve the quality of life for manly homeless and low income families. "Hey you want healthcare, free rent, free food, a nice place to live then commit a crime and the state will take care of you for the rest of your life."

I see a lot of very poor and homeless people and I just think to myself they would actually be much better off in prison, maybe they just never thought of the tradeoff "committing a crime and getting the state to pay for me and give me a better life in exchange for having a record rest of my life vs. having a clean record but living homeless rest of my life."

View attachment 228140
Interesting, do you know?!? The curve really took on a direction there...!

View attachment 228140

That's for the federal prison and that is a bit misleading. Are there corporations that have taken advantage of it? You bet. Gates was one of them. Additionally, you have point in time counts.

If you cannot do the time then don't do the crime.

The USA has rampant crime.

Especially from Negroes.
Don't forget liberals. And they want to let them out. Liberals slapping criminals on the hand and emptying prisons are why we have so much crime. And for the dumb people, we have so many locked up because we have a huge population. Of criminals. I say let the dope smokers out and start locking up violent people forever.

Liberalas have been in control, incarceration rates goes up regardless. There seems to be no conflict between parties regarding this matter. No one seems to empty prisons, on the contrary, more prisons are planned.

No. Incarcerations have dropped.
Yes, so it seems, slighly but obvious!

In some ways I think having a high incarceration rate could be beneficial in some way. I actually think increasing incarceration rates by a lot would actually help a lot of people. For example the homeless or very poor. In prison they get a free rent free place to stay, free food, showers, fitness center, TV, entertainment, free healthcare. All paid for by the government.

I have known people who have committed crimes just to go back to prison because they cannot financially survive on their own outside of prison. They come out have few skills, they have a record so not many employers want to hire them, they have no money, no healthcare, no place to live.

In some ways I think we should actually make prisons even nicer to live in. That way homeless people can live there and get healthcare and all things paid for by the state instead of living on the street. Low income families can elect to go to prison who can't afford healthcare, a place to live, or feed themselves.

It should be like a national campaign to improve the quality of life for manly homeless and low income families. "Hey you want healthcare, free rent, free food, a nice place to live then commit a crime and the state will take care of you for the rest of your life."

I see a lot of very poor and homeless people and I just think to myself they would actually be much better off in prison, maybe they just never thought of the tradeoff "committing a crime and getting the state to pay for me and give me a better life in exchange for having a record rest of my life vs. having a clean record but living homeless rest of my life."
Interesting points...

The whole system is set up to be a veritable black hole. Once sucked in... No one ever gets out. At best they stay in a steady orbit until death. By design. It’s become an industry. And industries survive on profits. Which in this case means putting bodies in cots...

Blacks and Hispanics.
Black male incarceration rate is almost 5% for Hispanics almost 2% while the same figure for whites seems to be below 1%. Found a better link: United States incarceration rate - Wikipedia

It also provides some explanations. Interesting stuff.
That's easily explained by blacks being disproportionately poor and living in cities. Much more likely to get involved in gangs.

The whole system is set up to be a veritable black hole. Once sucked in... No one ever gets out. At best they stay in a steady orbit until death. By design. It’s become an industry. And industries survive on profits. Which in this case means putting bodies in cots...
We aren't doing much rehabilitation....

We aren't doing much rehabilitation....

Rehabilitation is not profitable

It's because of the minority populations that commit 10x more crime than the whites for example.

Do they? Or are they just prosecuted 10x more than whites?

Just a heads up....your LefTard fingers are typing again.

It's because of the minority populations that commit 10x more crime than the whites for example.

Yep, once again BL tells us all that facts are not allowed in the far right wing camp!

Thanks for verifying!

A couple of factors here. First, America has an open door policy in regards to Illegals. Once an MS13 character crosses the border, he doesn't change and soon he's up to the same kinds of shenanigans he was up to in his Shithole home.

Where does cheap labor and private interests come in?

10% of the U.S. population is made up of illegal thirdworlders....As many as 100 million wetbacks are here by illegal means. The situation isn’t complicated.
All Most Wanted - Los Angeles Police Department
Urban centers
  • In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting”—defined as firing a bullet that hits someone—a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely.
  • If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
  • In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent”
The Color of Crime - American Renaissance

Yep, once again BL tells us all that facts are not allowed in the far right wing camp!

Thanks for verifying!

Haha...NO, NO.....
A filthy LefTard says....”BUT, BUT, BUT.....Blacks are awesome, they’re simply victims of the system.”

A sane, legit person, informed and paying attention to statistics and not afraid of the real truth says....”Blacks, like Wetbacks are inherently criminal in nature.”

Hurts your LefTard feelings huh?

Blacks and Hispanics.
True. But why?

Criminals have a very skewed idea of what their rights are. They believe they have a right to commit that crime. It's the law that's wrong and they also have a right to violate an unjust law.

Right now we have an invasion force of 7,000 or so that believes they have a right to come here. The law that prevents their unimpeded entry is wrong. That's where much our criminal activity starts.

Thanks for verifying!

Haha...NO, NO.....
A filthy LefTard says....”BUT, BUT, BUT.....Blacks are awesome, they’re simply victims of the system.”

A sane, legit person, informed and paying attention to statistics and not afraid of the real truth says....”Blacks, like Wetbacks are inherently criminal in nature.”

Not at all, I love it when you go on your racist rants. It is important for people to not forget who the face of the Trump sheep is on this board!

Thanks for verifying!

Haha...NO, NO.....

Yes like Ben Carson and Sheriff Clarke?

If you really looked at the statistics you would see they are groups that live disproportionately in cities and are poor. Most likely to fall victim to gangs.

The entire system needs to be scrapped, re-done from top to bottom, I am a law and order guy, but I feel sorry for anyone caught up in our system.

Thanks for verifying!

Haha...NO, NO.....

Not at all, I love it when you go on your racist rants. It is important for people to not forget who the face of the Trump sheep is on this board!

Haha...I’m certain I just rolled you up in the fetal position with that post...haha
That truth always scares the piss out of you foolish wackos. You’ve been so programmed to pretend statistics are flawed...it’s comical to watch you squirm.

Thanks for verifying!

Haha...NO, NO.....

Haha...I’m certain I just rolled you up in the fetal position with that post...haha
That truth always scares the piss out of you foolish wackos. You’ve been so programmed to pretend statistics are flawed...it’s comical to watch you squirm.

You are a silly one. I am not offended by your racist post, i am used to them.

Sort of funny you think that a statistician has been programmed to pretend statistics are flawed.

But please do carry on, noting like a raining of racist rants on a cold Sunday morning.

Forum List

Back