Is freedom in the U.S. really greater compared to freedom in Europe?

Of course it’s a tax. Just like car registration. Have you heard of property taxes?
It's license you fucking idiot. For the privilege of being able to operate a TV you have to have a license. It doesn't matter what you pay TV cost is or if you have one.

Consider this:

Police Killing Citizens

More people were shot dead by police in America last month than in 95 years in the UK
A total of 1,063 people were killed by US police this year
More people were shot dead by police in America last month than in 95 years in the UK

US Police kill there own citizens at this rate. Does this really sound like freer society?

Prison Rates

Then look at real taking of freedom. Prison rates:
Comparison of United States incarceration rate with other countries - Wikipedia

US puts its citizens in Prison at 5–6 times what the other first world countries do.

There are many examples of more and less freedom. A number of people will say US is more dangerous or something else… Really? US is so dangerious the cops have to kill 100 US citizens to every one UK Citizen…

Would any of this be down to the perception people have crime in US compared to the rest world?

How about not blaming the other side on this discussing this like adults...

How can US say they are freer when faced these statistics?
Swings and rounders bats.

I dont need to carry a gun to go to the spar for a pint of milk.

Our kids dont do lock down drills in class.

Debt collectors dont chase people for getting sick.

We can vote without having to queue and also vote within walking ditance of our house.

But American air conditioning is state of the art.

And you invented bbq sauce.

Consider this:

Police Killing Citizens

A total of 1,063 people were killed by US police this year

US Police kill there own citizens at this rate. Does this really sound like freer society?

Prison Rates

Then look at real taking of freedom. Prison rates:

US puts its citizens in Prison at 5–6 times what the other first world countries do.

There are many examples of more and less freedom. A number of people will say US is more dangerous or something else… Really? US is so dangerious the cops have to kill 100 US citizens to every one UK Citizen…

Would any of this be down to the perception people have crime in US compared to the rest world?

How about not blaming the other side on this discussing this like adults...

How can US say they are freer when faced these statistics?
Yep American Freedom is just something Americans celebrate without really thinking about what they are celebrating. People have this illusion that America is so much more free than any other country in the world and so much better off. American's have this illusion they are so much better off than in other countries and they are not, don't get brainwashed by American patriotism. I could make the argument that too much freedom could actually be a very bad thing. All people look at is freedom and seem to overate it too much, they get short sighted and miss the big picture.

Last edited:
True. But no one was driving around in vans with TV detectors or the TV police at my door making inquiries or getting warrants to search my home for illicit undeclared televisions.

Live in Ireland...

Have no problem with the TV Licence...

It does a number of things:
Pays for unbiased news not based on ratings or what corporate over masters want.
Pays for proper investigative journalism you can trust, this is relatively expensive, risky with limited fimancial return
Pays heritage and culture to maintained (e.g. Riverdance, EuroVision...)
They are the 'Paper of Record'... Their archives are part of history...

It is not cheap but it does stuff that needs to be done...

It's license you fucking idiot. For the privilege of being able to operate a TV you have to have a license. It doesn't matter what you pay TV cost is or if you have one.

You can call it whatever you want, but it operates just like a tax. Not sure why you’re so hung up on what they are calling it.

England had a law that you had to set your parking brake when you stopped at stop sign or traffic light.

Value-Added Tax (VAT) - Investopedia

VAT is a consumption tax on goods and services that is levied at each stage of the supply chain where value is added. It is based on consumption rather than income and used by more than 160 countries, including the EU. Learn how VAT works, its a…

Indeed. Also the US is far freer in the realm of freedom of speech.

One of my biggest complaints about the UK is their lack of such.
There is plenty of free speech in UK...

For example the publishing of drawings depicting Greta Thunberg, a minor, being raped, here would bring long prison sentences. Obviously depicting raping a minor in the US is completely acceptable because of 'free speech'. So nobody in the US, not even children are free to not be bullied and threatened because of 'free speech'.

Personally I think Greta has right too..

Another Example:
example in the US it’s perfectly fine for the Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals spouting hate speech and often inciting violence as their their right to free speech is deemed the most important. If they did it in the UK though their method of expressing their views wouldn’t be acceptable as they are infinging on various rights of the funeral attendees.

Funeral attendees have a right to grieve in peace..

Europe is still a monarchy in that commoners are not allowed to control their wealth. Government seizes the bulk of the wealth by taxing the shit out of the people. 70 cents of every dollar is confiscated by government morons who then decide how to spend it. We fought two wars to free ourselves from being their slaves.

By all means you left wingers move to Germany, government will take care of you while immigrants RAPE you.

EYE ROLL

England had a law that you had to set your parking brake when you stopped at stop sign or traffic light.
Could you cite that law please...

I think it was violation in the driving test...

Saying that every country has stupid old laws on there books..

Europe is so awesome...they have been KILLING EACH OTHER for 2,000 years in stupid wars over the same land. Inbred the lot of them. :eusa_hand:

Europe is still a monarchy in that commoners are not allowed to control their wealth. Government seizes the bulk of the wealth by taxing the shit out of the people. 70 cents of every dollar is confiscated by government morons who then decide how to spend it. We fought two wars to free ourselves from being their slaves.

By all means you left wingers move to Germany, government will take care of you while immigrants RAPE you.

EYE ROLL
Obviously this post is full of misinformation which doesn't address the OP...

It is a rant... Plain and simple... He was presented with facts and he just got upset....

BTW, the Average German (i.e. on Average or just above wage pays about the same tax as most Americans)...

Obviously this post is full of misinformation which doesn't address the OP...

It is a rant... Plain and simple... He was presented with facts and he just got upset....

BTW, the Average German (i.e. on Average or just above wage pays about the same tax as most Americans)...
It's absolute FACT Europe boy. Stay out of our business or we'll come over there with our armed forces and stomp the shit out of your countries.

Swings and rounders bats.

I dont need to carry a gun to go to the spar for a pint of milk.

Our kids dont do lock down drills in class.

Debt collectors dont chase people for getting sick.

We can vote without having to queue and also vote within walking ditance of our house.

But American air conditioning is state of the art.

And you invented bbq sauce.

Screenshot_20231216-095439-535.png

What would be wrong with that ? It doesnt happen and I seem to think it is advisory rather than a law. Certainly never heard of anyone charged with it.
Maybe its a fact out of your arse as usual.

Forum List

Back