Zone1 in favor of a more Generalized Economic Engine?

Owning a small piece of a business is not being lazy. It's realizing the system of capitalism cam work for everyone, even the people with modest incomes.

But you people want to whine about some rich people who you think are actively holding you back
i'll keep complaining about wealth hoarding, just so you know.
you should really try a year on some social security paycheck level.
then you know why i do what i do.

lol rubbish, it's all about mooching off somebody else's labor and expertise, while contributing nothing at all to the success or failure. Then you can run away from real ownership responsibility with little cost to yourself, thanks to 'limited liability' scams.
shareholders pay for shares, the value of which is usually unpredictable, leading shareholders to take very real risks with their own money, hoping that the company they invest in will actually return a profit.

Do you really think you are powerless to improve your own financial situation?
Do you really think that a bunch of CEOs give a single fuck if you become financially independent and are actively trying to hold you back?
i think those CEOs care only for their own inner circle's wellbeing, and how their company is doing.
they sit idly on their extra-comfy seats while people at the bottom of the economic ladder suffer more and more.

"the rich get richer while the poor get poorer"
it's about time we fought that.
i'm open to suggestions as to how it (greed) should be fought.

shareholders pay for shares, the value of which is usually unpredictable, leading shareholders to take very real risks with their own money, hoping that the company they invest in will actually return a profit.

Which of course has nothing to with my point. As owners, they need to be held liable for their share of the debts and liabilities, not just skim off the profits with little risk. Limited liability was considered a significant privilege by the Founders, which is why it was reserved to special needs, not handed out to just every idiot who incorporated a company or bought shares in one. Such protections amount to a stop loss position provided by the govt. and should be taxed accordingly.

The phrase 'privatizing the profits while socializing the costs' is apt.

i'll keep complaining about wealth hoarding, just so you know.
you should really try a year on some social security paycheck level.
then you know why i do what i do.
No such thing.

Unless you think jeff Bezos has 10 billion dollars stuffed into a mattress.

And I didn't depend on SS. I retired financially independent when I was 51 and my net worth has only grown since

And I did that as a HS drop out who gat a GED at 16 and no college degree

i think those CEOs care only for their own inner circle's wellbeing, and how their company is doing.
they sit idly on their extra-comfy seats while people at the bottom of the economic ladder suffer more and more.

"the rich get richer while the poor get poorer"
it's about time we fought that.
i'm open to suggestions as to how it (greed) should be fought.
So what?

It has nothing to do with your ability to improve your own financial situation.

I started at the very bottom of the ladder. from a homeless teenager to a successful business owner to retired at age 51

what, and end up tolerating the decadence? no way.

and i am indeed well on my way to figure it out with regards to my own finances, thank you very much.

And yet you still think some rich guy is holding you back

Why?

Anyone can figure it out. Even you if you stop whining

If most of these right wingers have anything it came from Grandma or their parents. This is obvious by their utter lack of any real experience in business to rely on, they just babble slogans and anecdotes.

YES. the economy is frigging rigged towards the rich. and once again : it's about time that changed.
TAX THE RICH! AND THE RICHEST 1% EVEN MORE!!

Only those who genuinely produce should be taxed less; those who merely gamble with little genuine responsibilities or risk should pay about 50% at least off the top on every transaction, and not just at the end of the year. Stocks and futures trades should also have sales taxes on them, same as retail sales for the little people do. Only those who buy shares first in an IPO should be exempt from a sales tax on the purchase and a lower tax rate on the gains. Every sale o that share afterwards should be subjected to taxes and 50% of gains when sold and on dividends until they do away with limited liability and 'corporate personhood' scams.

the rich hardly ever give people who aren't rich already the means and understanding to spread the wealth.
So need people to give you things?

And there are libraries full of books you can read for free to learn how to grow your net worth

So need people to give you things?
the richest are a bunch of straight-faced hypocritical liars.
so, yes, they need to pay up towards government, who can then spend it like the people want.
And there are libraries full of books you can read for free to learn how to grow your net worth
well, speaking from my own case here for a moment;

i'm on a social security medical pension right now.
i have 120/week to spend on food and luxury items like tobacco.
i need to boost it to 260/week just to make ends meet.
i'm not even talking about costs that one makes once in a relationship with someone, let alone raising a family of my own.

the richest are a bunch of straight-faced hypocritical liars.
so, yes, they need to pay up towards government, who can then spend it like the people want.

well, speaking from my own case here for a moment;

i'm on a social security medical pension right now.
i have 120/week to spend on food and luxury items like tobacco.
i need to boost it to 260/week just to make ends meet.
i'm not even talking about costs that one makes once in a relationship with someone, let alone raising a family of my own.

They're busy handing out big grants and subsidies to elon musk and his rich customers for vanity cars. The GOP helped pass Biden's 'infrastructure' corporate welfare hoax, and they always find a few trillion every few years to bail out crooks running private corporations, but then snivel about 'Social Security going broke n stuff' and needs to be 'privatized', "privatized' is code for looted and plundered by Wall Street embezzlers,

the decadence of modern society is all around us, with a very steep & hierarchial economic engine under the 'economic competition' and 'meritocracy' principles as they are advertised today in mainstream media.

i'm in favor of a more Generalized Economic Engine, with these decadent excesses curtailed by an enactment of 'tax the rich' policies (instead of the smokers and beer drinkers, which only turn the masses into jogging cannonfodder!)..

what do you say?

Sounds like a lot of fancy words that when put together don't actually mean anything at all. I understand what they all mean individually, but in your structure they don't actually say anything or display any insight or knowledge.

Sounds more like hippies from the 60s that thought they had the solution to the worlds problems by saying "the corporations man they want to turn us into little eichmans so they can get rich and because that's what corporations do. They like incorporate the world and do everything to do stuff". Or someone that spent one semester at college and now trying to educate the internet on how the world works.

Forum List

Back