In-Depth Fortune Story on "Fast & Furious" Paints Totally Different Picture Than Issa

Here is the wingnut response. Compare what imbeciles here say in refutation with this:

Fortune Magazine Tries to Tell The "Truth" About Fast and Furious, Fails Miserably - Katie Pavlich

the wingnuts here are force fed their responses.

You have to hand it to the right for their ability to respond so fiercely in the face of reality

LOL. I just love that they can't see good journalism for what it is. Oh well. Let them chase this rabbit more. It's just THEIR reputations they're playing with.

The Fortune Magazine article was what is known as a "puff piece" in journalistic circles. Describing THAT as "good journalism" is laughable.

If the best that you folks on the left can come up with to defend the total FIASCO that Fast & Furious became is that it wasn't "illegal"...then why even bother?

I've yet to see one of you explain to me what the purpose of F&F was and how they intended to achieve it. Either Holder knew about it...and did nothing to stop what was OBVIOUSLY a deeply flawed program...or he didn't know about it...which begs the question...WHY DIDN'T HE? Too busy raiding Gibson Guitars...suing Boeing...and looking the other way while the New Black Panthers intimidated voters?

Why was this clown ever nominated to be our Attorney General? The Marc Rich pardon should have told us EXACTLY what we would be getting if we allowed a man without a concept of "justice" to run our Justice Department.

1312091676428-dumpfm-Velcro-hausupuke.gif

Here is the wingnut response. Compare what imbeciles here say in refutation with this:

Fortune Magazine Tries to Tell The "Truth" About Fast and Furious, Fails Miserably - Katie Pavlich

the wingnuts here are force fed their responses.

You have to hand it to the right for their ability to respond so fiercely in the face of reality

LOL. I just love that they can't see good journalism for what it is. Oh well. Let them chase this rabbit more. It's just THEIR reputations they're playing with.

The Fortune Magazine article was what is known as a "puff piece" in journalistic circles. Describing THAT as "good journalism" is laughable.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Which journalistic circles are you in?

iWANaI3efXOUd.gif

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

Indeed, a six-month Fortune investigation reveals that the public case alleging that Voth and his colleagues walked guns is replete with distortions, errors, partial truths, and even some outright lies. Fortune reviewed more than 2,000 pages of confidential ATF documents and interviewed 39 people, including seven law-enforcement agents with direct knowledge of the case. Several, including Voth, are speaking out for the first time.

So...now what, Right Wing nutjobs? Where's your indignation going to rest if it turns out this was, at the end of the day, a fuck up and nothing more?

"Republican senators are whipping up the country into a psychotic frenzy with these reports that are patently false," says Linda Wallace, a special agent with the Internal Revenue Service's criminal investigation unit who was assigned to the Fast and Furious team (and recently retired from the IRS). A self-described gun-rights supporter, Wallace has not been criticized by Issa's committee.

Quite simply, there's a fundamental misconception at the heart of the Fast and Furious scandal. Nobody disputes that suspected straw purchasers under surveillance by the ATF repeatedly bought guns that eventually fell into criminal hands. Issa and others charge that the ATF intentionally allowed guns to walk as an operational tactic. But five law-enforcement agents directly involved in Fast and Furious tell Fortune that the ATF had no such tactic. They insist they never purposefully allowed guns to be illegally trafficked. Just the opposite: They say they seized weapons whenever they could but were hamstrung by prosecutors and weak laws, which stymied them at every turn.

When all this gets out, and you know it will, I know the Right Wing will say it's all bullshit, but it's looking more and more like Issa's crusade against Holder and ultimately Obama is full of half-truths and lies. Or as we call it in the biz: BULLSHIT.

Good times, guys. Way to gin-up a scandal!

More than a fuck-up, it's the gun-nuts like the NRA that have blood on their hands!

But why are the Democrats rolling over so easily?
Why are they admitting to something that didn't happen?

If the best that you folks on the left can come up with to defend the total FIASCO that Fast & Furious became is that it wasn't "illegal"...then why even bother?

I've yet to see one of you explain to me what the purpose of F&F was and how they intended to achieve it. Either Holder knew about it...and did nothing to stop what was OBVIOUSLY a deeply flawed program...or he didn't know about it...which begs the question...WHY DIDN'T HE? Too busy raiding Gibson Guitars...suing Boeing...and looking the other way while the New Black Panthers intimidated voters?

Why was this clown ever nominated to be our Attorney General? The Marc Rich pardon should have told us EXACTLY what we would be getting if we allowed a man without a concept of "justice" to run our Justice Department.

So, just to be clear, you agree that there was nothing illegal that happened in Fast and Furious. Correct?

So, just to be clear, you agree that there was nothing illegal that happened in Fast and Furious. Correct?
Other than government-sanctioned straw purchases, illegal exporting of weapons, resulting in the deaths of American law enforcement personnel. Coupled with a cover up and conspiracy. No, nothing wrong at all. Why do you ask?

Other than government-sanctioned straw purchases, illegal exporting of weapons, resulting in the deaths of American law enforcement personnel. Coupled with a cover up and conspiracy. No, nothing wrong at all. Why do you ask?
Maybe you should start with the creator of Fast and Furious Bush. Funny how everything Bush screwed up including causing the destruction of the worlds economy becomes something Obama did.

Stupid is voting for another republican zombie tax evaders and proven job killers like the Koch dog on a leash Romney.

Maybe you should start with the creator of Fast and Furious Bush. Funny how everything Bush screwed up including causing the destruction of the worlds economy becomes something Obama did.

Stupid is voting for another republican zombie tax evaders and proven job killers like the Koch dog on a leash Romney.

You forgot to mention Ryan's health care plan to kick grandma off a cliff.

President Bush was absolutely NOT the creator of Fast and Furious. Therefore, jerk113, you are revealed to be a dishonest stupid hack.

Negged for multiple blatant falsehoods!

1.) Fast & Furious didn't start until 2009.

2.) Rich bankers in positions of power caused the crash, not George Bush. Rich bankers appointed to the Fed by BOTH parties over the last 30 years.

3.) The only folks I've seen charged with tax violations all have D's behind their names.
Did you know that 41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 in back taxes????

Obama’s pet billionaire Warren Buffet reckons “rich” Americans should pay more tax, Warren Buffet owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes…. It is a joke to hear him say
“My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice.”

Tom Daschle was the president’s top pick to run the Health and Human Services Department. But it turned out the former Democratic senator, who was un-elected from South Dakota in 2004, owed something like $120,000 to the IRS …

Timothy Geithner owed something like $42,000 in back taxes and penalties to the IRS, which is one of the agencies that he’d be in charge of as secretary of the Treasury.

Al Franken the Democratic junior United States Senator from Minnesota Admits he owes over $50,000.00 in back taxes in 17 states…

Charlie Rangel is another Democrat who owes back taxes..
In the House of Representatives, 421 people owe a total $6,524,892. In the Senate, 217 owe $2,774,836. In the IRS’ parent department, Treasury, 1,204 owe $7,670,814. At the Labor Department, where Secretary Hilda Solis’ husband had some back-tax problems before her confirmation, 463 owe $7,481,463. Eighty-one workers for the Federal Reserve System’s board of governors owe $1,076,733.

Over at the Justice Department, which is so busy enforcing other laws and suing Arizona, 1,971 employees still owe $14,350,152 in overdue taxes.

Then, we come to the Department of Homeland Security, which is run by Janet Napolitano, the former governor of Arizona who preferred to call terrorist acts “man-caused disasters.” Homeland Security is keeping all of us safe by ensuring that a brave Dutch tourist is aboard every inbound international flight to thwart any would-be bomber with explosives in his underpants.

Within that department, there reside 4,856 people who owe the tax agency a whopping total of $37,012,174.

So, the ATF purchased guns and sold them across the border?

And then told Mexicans to use them to shoot border agents?

And then they covered it up??

Strange, I didn't hear anything like that. I assume you have some proof.

Your inability to read and properly comprehend marks you as having sub par intelligence. Stick to baseball.

Your inability to read and properly comprehend marks you as having sub par intelligence. Stick to baseball.

Oh bullshit. Nobody could comprehend your inanities, you barely speak English.

Oh bullshit. Nobody could comprehend your inanities, you barely speak English.

Shut up, child. The adults are talking.

You never contribute anything to any discussion. You either cheer posts you like or insult posts you don't. Rational conversation seems beyond you.
You belong on iggy with your pals. Bye.

Forum List

Back