Impolite To Ask Why Republicans Are Mute Regarding Obama's Picks?

Well the saint's be praised... A leftist that doesn't vote... you could be the perfect leftist!

And FTR: it should be noted that despite the direct and unambiguous challenge to you, to cite a valid reason beyond the above noted slogans to vote for Hussein, you were unable to offer a reasoned basis to advocate for Hesitant-elect Hussein.

And that's all I was really after...

Difficult to vote when you're not old enough PI.

Unless you're Agna and decide to vote illegally though.

I have posted my arguments of why Obama should be President or at the very least why McCain shouldn't be in too many posts to count here.

I agreed with Obama's views more then I did McCain, that right there is a valid reason.

I have plenty of more specific reasons as well.

My thoughts as a Republican:

Chiquita Bananas and the pick for AG are very interesting...

The lack of change in the Defence seat is reassuring.

The Treasury choice is not wise. He should of known to pay his taxes. We need someone that understands taxes to run the arm in charge of the taxes.

Hillary and the SoS... Well... It was a wise political move.

Edited to add:

It's not rude to ask... ;)

Last edited:
How much shit thrown by you? How much will stick? Poor job. Hope you got your wad shot, feel better?

For more able. Why are the Republicans sitting mute? These are serious problems, yet nary a peep.

I'm late to the party but! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Disagree, no one hopes Obama fails, if he does, we all go down. I don't want to hit you with the age thing, but if I didn't know I'd say, "How immature are you going to post? Get some reality!"

Why would you say a thing like that, We all go down! We didn't all go down with the "failed Bush policies" did we? Hell yes, I hope obamalama fails his stupid Marxist march. I hope he fails just like the liberals were rooting for this country to fail for the last eight years.

Am I bitter? Hell yes!

Are you fucking kidding me? Perhaps you need to look around this board a little more then. I've seen several posts here alone with people saying they hope Obama fails. Then when logic such as "If he does, we all go down" like I've brought in; it's ignored by them.

Be realistic, there are plenty of people who want Obama to fail. The Republican leaders in Congress included.

Because if Obama does great, Republicans are in huge trouble for the next eight years.

*Imitates Crazy Republican*

Then things such as Abortions won't be banned, Gay Marriage might be passed, Death Penalty might be taken away along with people's guns. And we can't have that! That would destroy the foundation of this country!

I agree, that's the best things Democrats have going for them. Abortions. I would hate to see you lose that. Fight for it. :lol:

What's with this? Geithner with taxes. Holder with FALN and other pardons. Panetta with rendition. Nary a peep.

Currently, Obama is just too popular to put up much of a fight against him and we all know that the GOP is very weakened right now.

My guess is that they are biding their time and dealing with their own internal issues for now, with plans to pick their battles later.

None.

It's the liberal media that makes them look like that. None the less, republicans have lost their fire, their fight, their back bone, their way. Their just pathetic.

You must be a conservative like me.
I changed and am currently registered as "Unaffiliated". I didn't leave the republican party, the republican party left conservatism.

This election was the first one since I turned 18 that I failed to cast a vote for a president. There just wasn't anybody on the ballot that was worth voting for for the presidential position. I did still vote for or against everybody else and everything else on the ballot.

Are you fucking kidding me? Perhaps you need to look around this board a little more then. I've seen several posts here alone with people saying they hope Obama fails. Then when logic such as "If he does, we all go down" like I've brought in; it's ignored by them.

Be realistic, there are plenty of people who want Obama to fail. The Republican leaders in Congress included.

Because if Obama does great, Republicans are in huge trouble for the next eight years.

*Imitates Crazy Republican*

Then things such as Abortions won't be banned, Gay Marriage might be passed, Death Penalty might be taken away along with people's guns. And we can't have that! That would destroy the foundation of this country!

Link?

Anyone that HOPES Obama fails is a partisan hack, putting their political idieology ahead of what's best for this nation.

And please don't link me to someone predicting he will fail. That is NOT the same thing.

For ALL our sakes, EVERYONE better hope he succeeds, even if they think he won't.

The jury's still out with me. He'll have his chance.

Republicans aren't saying anything because now that the hoopla is over, the new boss looks a LOT like the old boss, and for the career bureaucrats, it's back to business as usual.

And there are easily as many if not more *crazy Demeocrats" as there are crazy Republicans.

Link?

Anyone that HOPES Obama fails is a partisan hack, putting their political idieology ahead of what's best for this nation.

And please don't link me to someone predicting he will fail. That is NOT the same thing.

For ALL our sakes, EVERYONE better hope he succeeds, even if they think he won't.

Republicans aren't saying anything because now that the hoopla is over, the new boss looks a LOT like the old boss, and for the career bureaucrats, it's back to business as usual.

And there are easily as many if not more *crazy Demeocrats" as there are crazy Republicans.

Does this mean you want obamalama to succeed in his plan to Nationalize health care? To redeploy all troops from Iraq to Afghanistan? To redistrbute the wealth of America? To levey 850 Billion dollars worth of our taxes to fight global poverty? To levey 850 Billion dollars worth of our taxes to bail out the economy? To succeed in tight gun control. To succeed in raising gasoline to ten bucks a gallon. To succeed in leveing heavy taxes on coal producing companies? I don't.

I'm not too terribly concerned about Obama choices because I have never believed that Obama was anything but a person not interested in making radical changes to the system.

All the master class is really interested in is keeping things from going completely down the shitter.

Truly fixing things that are wrong with our system would require creative thinking and a change in the way this nation rewards working that we are NOT prepared to undertake.

The rich are NOT about to give up the laws that benefit them so...and those laws and regulation which so benefit them are ALSO causing the problems that this nation is facing.

I'm hoping that Obama will provide SOME RELIEF for the working classes, but do NOT expect him to actually fix the problems because he is beholden to the same class of masters as Bush II was, as Clinton was, As Bush I was, as Reagan was, as Carter was, as Ford was, as NiXXon was, as Johnson was, as Kennedy was...right down though to AT LEAST FDR.

Those of you who actually believe there's a huge philosophical difference between the parties are blind as bats, in my opinion.

I'm not too terribly concerned about Obama choices because I have never believed that Obama was anything but a person not interested in making radical changes to the system.

All the master class is really interested in is keeping things from going completely down the shitter.

Truly fixing things that are wrong with our system would require creative thinking and a change in the way this nation rewards working that we are NOT prepared to undertake.

The rich are NOT about to give up the laws that benefit them so...and those laws and regulation which so benefit them are ALSO causing the problems that this nation is facing.

I'm hoping that Obama will provide SOME RELIEF for the working classes, but do NOT expect him to actually fix the problems because he is beholden to the same class of masters as Bush II was, as Clinton was, As Bush I was, as Reagan was, as Carter was, as Ford was, as NiXXon was, as Johnson was, as Kennedy was...right down though to AT LEAST FDR.

Those of you who actually believe there's a huge philosophical difference between the parties are blind as bats, in my opinion.
I resent that remark.

I'm sorry Robert I haven't seen one Republican on this board say they wanted Obama to fail. A good many of us have said that we believe left to his own devices and that of the Democratically controlled House and Senate he can't help but fail. Those are now however much leftist heart would like to believe otherwise the ame thing.

I'm sorry Robert I haven't seen one Republican on this board say they wanted Obama to fail. A good many of us have said that we believe left to his own devices and that of the Democratically controlled House and Senate he can't help but fail. Those are now however much leftist heart would like to believe otherwise the ame thing.

Then you are not reading this board very closely, garyd.

It's the liberal media that makes them look like that. None the less, republicans have lost their fire, their fight, their back bone, their way. Their just pathetic.

I agree with this, but I think they can't help it ... they need to wait til the dust settles from the string of inditements and trials and scandals (yes I know dems have had some too but repubs have ahd more recently).

I think they need the public to sort of move on, forget about (Craig, Delay, Abramoff, Stevens, Libby, etc etc)...then they can regroup. Do you recall a few years ago, like maybe 2005, when the dems were being torn apart for not putting up a decent candidate, not having solutions, not showing backbone, not representing the people.... this was only four years ago. The dems haven't changed, and I don't really think they have any more 'fight' I think they just waited for the republicans to implode.

The republicans are probably doing the same thing - when the dems pass their stuff, the country will pull out of some of the mess, get on track, and then the repubs will be able to get attention on issues like taxation again. Right now nothing they stand for can get any traction, just like a few years ago when people rated terror as their top priority, the dems couldn't get traction.

my thoughts anyway.

Then you are not reading this board very closely, garyd.

So what this anointed Centrist is delcaring is that she is in possession of direct and specific evidence which validates this soon to be discredited position.

Editec, this is a direct and unambiguous challenge to YOU to post the evidence wherein you'll show that the GOP on this board has expressed a DESIRE TO SEE Hesitant-Elect Hussein FAIL; this evidence will NOT be accepted where it posts positions indicating that the certain leftist policy to be implemented WILL FAIL... the ONLY evidence which will be accepted is that wherein the CONSERVATIVE expressed a position HOPING TO WITNESS Hesitant-elect Hussein to FAIL.

Now what we can be certain of is that no supporting evidence will be forthcoming, whereupon the Centrist will concede by default.

Link?

To what I bolded: Like we have none of those on this board? :cuckoo:

I've seen people hope he fails on here before. If I have the time and patience to go digging through thousands of posts, I'll be sure to add that to my list of things to do.

And it's glad to see you are giving him his chance.

Each side has it's batch of crazies.

I agree with this, but I think they can't help it ... they need to wait til the dust settles from the string of inditements and trials and scandals (yes I know dems have had some too but repubs have ahd more recently).

LOL... WRONG!

Again... the issue goes to context... Republicans are a broad group, stretching from Americans down through gutless leftists... Conservatives: OKA: Americans... haven't lost anything; had a Conservative run for President in 08, he'd be getting ready to take the oath of office. the only draw McCain possessed came after he brought Palin on the ticket... and had Palin been running for President, she'd toning up for the oath herself.

I think they need the public to sort of move on, forget about (Craig, Delay, Abramoff, Stevens, Libby, etc etc)...then they can regroup.

Wrong again... First those weren't scandels... Craig's personal problems are his personal problems and they don't reflect on the GOP and they sure as HELL don't reflect on Conservatism... given that Conservatism rejects queerdom across the board.

Delay... is an American hero and the political hatchet job from was expected and frankly given the circumstances Delay came out smelling like a rose. I embrace Tom Delay and everything he did for America, INCLUDING redistricting Texas to make it more difficult for leftist to subvert the nations security by electing subversives in Texas to congress.
Libby... what a joke. He didn't out anyone and there isn't a human being on this earth that could have sustained themselves from those charges. If I asked you about comments you made 3 years ago, I could convict you of lying based upon your testimoney. In effect Libby was convicted in semantics and his conviction didn't embarass the GOP and it sure as HELL didn't embarass Conservatives...

Stevens is guilty of being a long sitting Senator. Take the names of every Senator which has served for more than 20 years, stick labels with their names on a dart board and toss a dart... make the same investigation as Stevens was subjected to and BINGO... you'll have yourself another conviction. Stevens conviction should embarrass us all... he's a tainted, corupt politician, the taint of which hardly reflects anyworse on the GOP than it does Independents and Democrats and that goes double for Abramoff... He was tied to just as many Democrats, Harry reid and Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, just to name a few... and is an embarassment to the whole of the nation...

Now with that said, NONE of these people were convicted of ANYTHING which reflects poorly on Conservative principle... so how you feel they are serving a function in keeping Conservatives as bay is something which is known only to you.

Do you recall a few years ago, like maybe 2005, when the dems were being torn apart for not putting up a decent candidate, not having solutions, not showing backbone, not representing the people.... this was only four years ago. The dems haven't changed, and I don't really think they have any more 'fight' I think they just waited for the republicans to implode.

We're in total agreement here...

The republicans are probably doing the same thing - when the dems pass their stuff, the country will pull out of some of the mess, get on track, and then the repubs will be able to get attention on issues like taxation again. Right now nothing they stand for can get any traction, just like a few years ago when people rated terror as their top priority, the dems couldn't get traction.

To a degree I agree. Where I differ is that the "Republicans" have no one to run... No one of any credibility and certainly no Conservative has the slightest desire to go through the hassle of running for President on top of a party of feminized centrists that will sell them out the instant that such becomes an option. The GOP has finally rinsed itself of any discernable steerage... it is floundering without direction, it's party identification now so dilluted by the 'big tent' types that they're afraid to take a stand on anything... principle is out the window, simply because the party is so full of moderates that do not recognize that bedrock principle is ALL ONE CAN DEPENDABLY STAND... they're idiots who have bitten hard and swallowed the leftist farce hook line and sinker that to offend a person is to violate some unidentified right and principle inevitably will lead to offending someone.

Once we rid the party of these idiots, we'll return to our natural status of national leadership.

Forum List

Back