Government Growth under Obama Inevitable

seth1492

Sep 15, 2008
So with all this talk of fixing our economy I am kind of outraged with the fact that Obama will inevitably grow our government to astronomic proportions. I hope that if he uses government work to increase the economy that they will be short contracts without the institution of new agencies or the expansion of current agencies. I also hope that the debt the country will take for doing such will at least pay off in the future. Build roads and infrastructure so that we will at least have something to prove from all of our government economic boosts. Bailing out private business will not give long-term economic help and only burden the government with more debt and nothing to show from it...

Obama's New New Deal is only going to prolong and worsen our situation the same way the original New Deal did during the Great Depression.

Obama's New New Deal is only going to prolong and worsen our situation the same way the original New Deal did during the Great Depression.

I thought it was when the government decided it was going to "pull back" and balance the budget is when the economy went further south under roosevelt?

Is this revisionist history of some sort kevin?

Care

$obamasign-brain-slug.jpg

I thought it was when the government decided it was going to "pull back" and balance the budget is when the economy went further south under roosevelt?

Is this revisionist history of some sort kevin?

Care

NOooooooooooo... Hoover/Roosevelt's intervention, isolationist 'Progressive Fiscal Policy' dramatically deepened the 29 recession, prolonging it and turning it into a global depression.

CATO has some wonderful work proving this every way it can be stated.

28gtgfm.jpg

He better keep looking over his shoulder. The Four Horsemen will be riding up on him...

More conservative bullshit. It was only when Roosevelt listened to the right and changed course that the shit got worse. When he went back to his original course, the economy improved. Shit, how the right wing talking points take a life of their own and become their truth.

Reagan was full of shit when he said that government was the problem and not the solution. Another nice sound bite like the one about the black welfare queen with the cadilac.

Government and private industry are both the answer. It's a fucking centrist thing.:lol:

Not sure if you guys have noticed, but the Government is going to grow no matter who is in office cause no one has the cahonies to actually cut wasteful programs.

After Bush you freakin conservatives have cahonies even mentioning government growth. Strange, when the government spent a huge amount in a short time, and enforced really extreme taxes on the very wealthy, the Depression ended.

After Bush you freakin conservatives have cahonies even mentioning government growth. Strange, when the government spent a huge amount in a short time, and enforced really extreme taxes on the very wealthy, the Depression ended.

Yeah, and World War 2 began.

Not a fan of the stimulus, which is really the wrong word when describing a budget.

But still, I'll bet anyone that over the course of 4 or 8 years, however long Obama's in office, rate of growth in government will be LOWER than it was under free spending Bush.

That is correct.

Unemployment dropped from 25% to 17% then Roosevelt tried to blance the budget and it started back up.

Ther is no evidence that Rossevelt and the Democrats controlling congress under him evertried to balance the Budget. That is revisionist history. In fact thjings went south agaion in 37 and the NewDealers finally got a Supreme Court that was more amenable to thier desires.

Every time the Dems control Both houses of congress the size and complexity of government grows and human freedom, to that extent,declines. And since Kennedy when you give them the presidency as well things really go in the crapper.

Last edited:
So with all this talk of fixing our economy I am kind of outraged with the fact that Obama will inevitably grow our government to astronomic proportions.
astronomic proportions" define what you mean by astronomic proportions? like homeland security? that astronomic or more or less?

I hope that if he uses government work to increase the economy that they will be short contracts without the institution of new agencies or the expansion of current agencies. I also hope that the debt the country will take for doing such will at least pay off in the future. Build roads and infrastructure so that we will at least have something to prove from all of our government economic boosts. Bailing out private business will not give long-term economic help and only burden the government with more debt and nothing to show from it...
so you would grow the government by astronomic proportions or not at all? what do you support doing for the economy? have you heard a plan you think is good?

if so, can you share that plan, or if not can you offer one of your own that is credible and practical and based on real world problems needing to be fixed?

Newt has an excellent plan at his site. Check it out. Homeland security didn't really grow governmewnt all that much is simply moved a few people around that already worked there and tried to streamline procedures so that maybe the next time a bunch of terrorist are trying to sneak into the country the CIA can actually tell the FBI about it before any buildings fall down.

You are of the opinion that the New Deal prolonged and worsened the economic depression of the 30s?

------
'
The economy eventually recovered from the low point of the winter of 1932-33, with sustained improvement until 1937, when the Recession of 1937 brought back 1934 levels of unemployment. There is debate among scholars as to whether New Deal policies lengthened and deepened the Depression; One small mail-in survey suggests that 27% of professional historians and 49% of professional economists believe the New Deal served to lengthen and deepen the Great depression.[2].
" -Wikipedia

------

We all know how reliable professional economists are in their predictions and theories, don't we?

Newt has an excellent plan at his site. Check it out. Homeland security didn't really grow governmewnt all that much is simply moved a few people around that already worked there and tried to streamline procedures so that maybe the next time a bunch of terrorist are trying to sneak into the country the CIA can actually tell the FBI about it before any buildings fall down.

Which site? Newt has had a couple.

Forum List

Back