Impolite To Ask Why Republicans Are Mute Regarding Obama's Picks?

Though there are certain things I didn't want him to see pass that I disagree with. Such as taking away our 4th, 5th, and all the other rights that are slowly being taken away with things like the Patriot Act.

just a little bit hypercritical dont you think Bob....you complain about 2 amendments being eroded,but yet,in your previous post you think it would be great if the 2nd Amendment gets taken away.....

I think republicans have just lost their fight. Any more the dems walk all over them and they don't seem to give a rats ass about it, and that's why I no longer associate myself with the republican party.

So which party do you associate yourself with Pale?

I am merely stating that you took the position of nobody wants to see Obama fail when that position is clearly wrong.

I am not holding you accountable for those people or their views merely your own position that you took willingly.

Point taken, should have said any people that care about the country do not want Obama to fail....

Same of course was true with Bush, but I guess all those that continually ganged up in cluster fuk ....

just a little bit hypercritical dont you think Bob....you complain about 2 amendments being eroded,but yet,in your previous post you think it would be great if the 2nd Amendment gets taken away.....

:lol: Uh where did I say that?

If you even read half of my posts on the 2nd amendment, you'd know I am a full supporter of it.

I just don't believe everyone should be carrying guns. Such as ex-convicts, children, mentally incapable, mentally insane, people convicted of violent crimes such as Domestic Abuse,etc.

Merely what any person who supports Guns would not want to see guns in the hands of.

I think republicans have just lost their fight. Any more the dems walk all over them and they don't seem to give a rats ass about it, and that's why I no longer associate myself with the republican party.

Why fight when you can't accomplish anything but make yourself look like whiney poor losers ?

Point taken, should have said any people that care about the country do not want Obama to fail....

Same of course was true with Bush, but I guess all those that continually ganged up in cluster fuk ....
yup
bobby doesnt understand that cause he is one of the gangers in the cluster

Now see, that's better.

The way that so many Democrats acted over Bush is why exactly I am not a Democrat. They offered no solutions of their own in 2004 for many positions and merely said Bush was evil and wrong. Now yes, Bush was wrong but you need to have good solutions otherwise the American people won't vote for you.

That's why Republicans lost this election in 2008. John McCain had really no positions on the economy and questioned Obama's character, experience, and ability to make such change more then anything really.

The American People want solutions, not sound bytes. (Least the ones who care about this country anyway)

Why fight when you can't accomplish anything but make yourself look like whiney poor losers ?
not only that, but republicans tend(not ALL of them, sadly) to follow the constitution and the POTUS is entitled to his picks unless they are criminals
case in point, look at Clintons confirmations vs Bush's

yup
bobby doesnt understand that cause he is one of the gangers in the cluster

Really? You're making plenty of claims here Dive but can you prove otherwise?

I have already stated in this thread if not another that I never wanted to see Bush fail. I just didn't want to see some of his proposals to pass because I disagree with them. It's called Loyal Opposition, something that many bitter Republicans are confusing with Opposition today before Obama even takes office.

Was Bush a idiot in my opinion? Yes

Was he wrong on just about everything? Yes

Was he horrible at foreign policy and Iraq? Yes

Did I ever want to see him fail in the sense that it would ruin this country? No

Did I ever want to see him fail that it would hurt our men and women abroad? No

Did I ever want to see him fail in taking away any of my rights and liberties that I as a America have according to the Constitution? Yes

If Bush was taking away the 2nd amendment, you'd be just as angry as I am. So stop trying to take the moral high ground and continue to make unproven claims Dive. Your bitterness and angry towards me seems to have clearly taken over your view of logic.

Now see, that's better.

The way that so many Democrats acted over Bush is why exactly I am not a Democrat. They offered no solutions of their own in 2004 for many positions and merely said Bush was evil and wrong. Now yes, Bush was wrong but you need to have good solutions otherwise the American people won't vote for you.

That's why Republicans lost this election in 2008. John McCain had really no positions on the economy and questioned Obama's character, experience, and ability to make such change more then anything really.

The American People want solutions, not sound bytes. (Least the ones who care about this country anyway)

:eek: REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HOPE"

"CHANGE"

"YES WE CAN"

yeah, sure they do :rolleyes:

I have already stated in this thread if not another that I never wanted to see Bush fail. I just didn't want to see some of his proposals to pass because I disagree with them. It's called Loyal Opposition, something that many bitter Republicans are confusing with Opposition today before Obama even takes office.

Did I ever want to see him fail in the sense that it would ruin this country? No

Did I ever want to see him fail in taking away any of my rights and liberties that I as a America have according to the Constitution? Yes

If Bush was taking away the 2nd amendment, you'd be just as angry as I am. So stop trying to take the moral high ground and continue to make unproven claims Dive. Your bitterness and angry towards me seems to have clearly taken over your view of logic.
Did you notice how much of this is about 'you' while claiming to be about America?

you've made my point for me
nothing but ABDS BULLSHIT

First, there is no end to the Republicans commenting on Hussein's picks... the top players are Clinton retreads, to promote the notion that he's going to govern from the sacred middle... while he loads the bench with radical leftists.

As for me... I just couldn't possibly care less who he picks.

Hussein is a leftist and will govern as a leftist... he will raise taxes, substantially increase the liabilties on business, undermine US national security, tie the hands of our troops, embolden our enemies with absurd concessions and fuck things up as fast as is humanly possible.

What will be delicious to watch is how the MS-media who ceaselessly declared 5%unemployment and 4-6% increases in US GDP with 1-2% inflation, to represent a catastrophic economic decay, will spread sunshine and lollipops about 6-7-8% unemployment, <1% to negative growth rates in the GDP and hyper-deflation...

I move we certify this post as the longest running non sequitur in the history of message boards...

Because they are too busy on trying to say that Obama is an illegal?

Because they are too busy wallowing over the last election?

Because they are too busy watching Nailin Paylin?

Because they are too busy thinking ahead to 2012?

Because they are too busy praying that Obama will be struck down or do horrible as President to prove to America that Republicans are always right?

Because they are too busy crying about Obama's ideas while offering none of their own?

Because they are too busy trying to delude themselves on the idea that Bush was a good president and that nothing could of really been done about Katrina?

Because when compared to people like Harriet Miers, they seem like good decisions?

Because they realize that Bush 41 was just as qualified as Panetta when he took the role of Director of the CIA?

Because they realize with choices like John Ashcroft (who helped cut nearly two-thirds an emergency request for counterterrorism funds by the FBI after 9/11) and Alberto Gonzales (Yes man, Torture is fine because it's obsolete, no Habeas Corpus for Americans, Republican Lawyers only please) that Eric Holder couldn't be that much worse?

Because they realize Paulson wasn't exactly a golden pick?

Those could all be valid reasons why Republicans been mute on Obama's picks thus far. Just some food for thought really. (Oh and personally? I disagree with the picks of Geithner and Holder. So before you right wing nut birds begin freaking out, don't think I believe those two are great ideas.)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
:eek: REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HOPE"

"CHANGE"

"YES WE CAN"

yeah, sure they do :rolleyes:

Every campaign has slogans.

John McCain had "Country First"

"A Leader You Can Believe In."

Ronald Reagan had: It's morning again in America in 84

Bush 41 had: Kinder, Gentler Nation

Bush 43 had: Reformer with Results, Real Plans for Real People,

And of course Eisenhower's famous one: I like Ike

Lincoln in 1864: Don't swap horses in the middle of the stream

And of course during Hoover's election run: A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage.

The slogans are usually reflective of the times. If people buy into those slogans and base their decision off that alone, that's their stupidity.

But there were plenty of Republicans on here always parroting "Country First".

So put down the stones Dive.

Every campaign has slogans.

John McCain had "Country First"

"A Leader You Can Believe In."

Ronald Reagan had: It's morning again in America in 84

Bush 41 had: Kinder, Gentler Nation

Bush 43 had: Reformer with Results, Real Plans for Real People,

And of course Eisenhower's famous one: I like Ike

Lincoln in 1864: Don't swap horses in the middle of the stream

And of course during Hoover's election run: A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage.

The slogans are usually reflective of the times. If people buy into those slogans and base their decision off that alone, that's their stupidity.

But there were plenty of Republicans on here always parroting "Country First".

So put down the stones Dive.
again, nothing of substance from YOU
:rolleyes:

all those other actually had something BEHIND the slogans
Obama, not so much

you've made my point for me
nothing but ABDS BULLSHIT

Ah there's the ol Dive I know.

When befuddled, call it bullshit and not admit you're wrong.

Course, I still see no evidence for any of your claims.

Forum List

Back