Pie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alan1, Jan 17, 2009.

1. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    “The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more.” ~ Michelle Obama

I like pie.
    But, somehow, I don't think it's necessary for me to take pie from somebody else in order for me to have more pie.
    I also like education.
    But, somehow, I don't think it's necessary for me to take education from somebody else in order for me to have more education.
    I also like health care.
    But, somehow, I don't think it's necessary for me to take health care from somebody else in order for me to have more health care.

2. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,114
    Why don't people pay for their own pie? Why don't they bake their own pie? Why don't they get a pie mix? Why should I have to give out some of my pie? I worked for the money to buy the ingredients to make that pie. Why does the government think it can just sashay on in and take a piece of my pie? Instead of taking some of my pie maybe they should be looking at a way to make the pie more affordable so others can buy their own. BTW, I do make a damn fine pecan pie. ;)