impeachment hearings this friday

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Thanks to massive pressure from Democrats.com and our pro-impeachment allies, Speaker Pelosi finally allowed Chairman Conyers to hold a hearing this Friday. Kucinich will get a few minutes to argue for impeachment along with Rep. Robert Wexler, former Rep. Liz Holtzman, and former Salt Lake City mayor Rocky Anderson.

H.Res. 1345 focuses on Bush's ultimate crime - invading Iraq on the basis of lies. The evidence is overwhelming that George Bush and other top officials manufactured those lies to "sell" an invasion whose real purpose was to gain control of Iraq's oil and establish military bases in the heart of the Middle East - the agenda of the Project for a New American Century that Bush and McCain fully embraced.

WHAT DID I TELL YOU NEOCONS ABOUT PNAC??? IT'S THE GOP'S PLAYBOOK!

Last edited:
First, they already promised that there won't be any articles of impeachment, so calling it an impeachment hearing isn't quite accurate.

As for the PNAC, this surprised anyone?

January 26, 1998

The Honorable William J. Clinton
President of the United States
Washington, DC

Dear Mr. President:

We are writing you because we are convinced that current American policy toward Iraq is not succeeding, and that we may soon face a threat in the Middle East more serious than any we have known since the end of the Cold War. In your upcoming State of the Union Address, you have an opportunity to chart a clear and determined course for meeting this threat. We urge you to seize that opportunity, and to enunciate a new strategy that would secure the interests of the U.S. and our friends and allies around the world. That strategy should aim, above all, at the removal of Saddam Hussein’s regime from power. We stand ready to offer our full support in this difficult but necessary endeavor.

The policy of “containment” of Saddam Hussein has been steadily eroding over the past several months. As recent events have demonstrated, we can no longer depend on our partners in the Gulf War coalition to continue to uphold the sanctions or to punish Saddam when he blocks or evades UN inspections. Our ability to ensure that Saddam Hussein is not producing weapons of mass destruction, therefore, has substantially diminished. Even if full inspections were eventually to resume, which now seems highly unlikely, experience has shown that it is difficult if not impossible to monitor Iraq’s chemical and biological weapons production. The lengthy period during which the inspectors will have been unable to enter many Iraqi facilities has made it even less likely that they will be able to uncover all of Saddam’s secrets. As a result, in the not-too-distant future we will be unable to determine with any reasonable level of confidence whether Iraq does or does not possess such weapons.

PNAC letters sent to President Bill Clinton

Thanks to massive pressure from Democrats.com and our pro-impeachment allies, Speaker Pelosi finally allowed Chairman Conyers to hold a hearing this Friday. Kucinich will get a few minutes to argue for impeachment along with Rep. Robert Wexler, former Rep. Liz Holtzman, and former Salt Lake City mayor Rocky Anderson.

H.Res. 1345 focuses on Bush's ultimate crime - invading Iraq on the basis of lies. The evidence is overwhelming that George Bush and other top officials manufactured those lies to "sell" an invasion whose real purpose was to gain control of Iraq's oil and establish military bases in the heart of the Middle East - the agenda of the Project for a New American Century that Bush and McCain fully embraced.

Sweet... More of our tax money put to good use...What a joke. The guy is going to be out in 6 months!!!! Get over it already and stop wasting that money that could be used for planting trees to save the world....damn!

Great another big ass waste of time and money. Meanwhile the stupid dems can even pass the legislation required to keep the government running. The only important thing to them has been political grand-standing and wielding their axes at the Repubs for the last 2 years. We're 6 months from the end of Bush's term and so for a finale, the Dems vent their collective spleens in show hearings reminiscent of the "Peoples Court" in Nazi Germany. Well, good for them! Fat lot of good it will do them. Maybe they can drive their support numbers down to 5% for their current stellar 9%.

At this rate, the Dems with drive Americans back into the arms of the Repubs in no time flat. Morons!

Great another big ass waste of time and money. Meanwhile the stupid dems can even pass the legislation required to keep the government running. The only important thing to them has been political grand-standing and wielding their axes at the Repubs for the last 2 years. We're 6 months from the end of Bush's term and so for a finale, the Dems vent their collective spleens in show hearings reminiscent of the "Peoples Court" in Nazi Germany. Well, good for them! Fat lot of good it will do them. Maybe they can drive their support numbers down to 5% for their current stellar 9%.

At this rate, the Dems with drive Americans back into the arms of the Repubs in no time flat. Morons!

White water ring anybells dumbasses...

Puleeze... were you complaining about the 60 million dollars spent investigating Bill Clinton with a microscope over 6 years?

didn't think so....

First, they already promised that there won't be any articles of impeachment, so calling it an impeachment hearing isn't quite accurate.

As for the PNAC, this surprised anyone?

PNAC letters sent to President Bill Clinton

11 months later Bill Clinton launched a massive retaliatory strike on Saddam Hussein's Iraq in Operation Desert Fox. (Or Operation Stop Looking at My Bimbo Eruption depending on your point of view.)

Since I'm of two minds on the subject, I'll take Bill Clinton at his word for purposes of this post, contra a liberal, and say that it looks like PNAC was EXACTLY right and Clinton was FORCED by the situation to do something about it. CNN - Iraq attacked in 'Operation Desert Fox' - December 16, 1998

11 months later Bill Clinton launched a massive retaliatory strike on Saddam Hussein's Iraq in Operation Desert Fox. (Or Operation Stop Looking at My Bimbo Eruption depending on your point of view.)

Since I'm of two minds on the subject, I'll take Bill Clinton at his word for purposes of this post, contra a liberal, and say that it looks like PNAC was EXACTLY right and Clinton was FORCED by the situation to do something about it. CNN - Iraq attacked in 'Operation Desert Fox' - December 16, 1998

Its that kind of thinking that distracted this country from terrorists...

with just only 6 months left isn't this just a waste of our time and money?

Exactly, it couldn't be a bigger waste of money. Granted, other politicians have wasted money, but why wait until he has 6 months left to do this? We've been at war for 5 years. This is another retarded political move that will cost people $$

Exactly, it couldn't be a bigger waste of money. Granted, other politicians have wasted money, but why wait until he has 6 months left to do this? We've been at war for 5 years. This is another retarded political move that will cost people $$

Er... because of the misuse of the system... just because there isn't going to be an impeachment doesn't mean there won't be criminal charges later on.

Did you just want Bush and co to be able to run out the clock?

Er... because of the misuse of the system... just because there isn't going to be an impeachment doesn't mean there won't be criminal charges later on.

Did you just want Bush and co to be able to run out the clock?

Um err, couldn't Criminal charges still be perused after he is out of office, with out this charade in the congress?

Yeah right.. name one thing that a democratic congressman can do daily that you wouldnt think to be a waste of money....

Um err, couldn't Criminal charges still be perused after he is out of office, with out this charade in the congress?

I find the fact that you call it a charade amusing.

And why should it wait?

I think Bill Clinton shouldn't have had to give testimony in a civil matter during his term of office, just like had been done for every president about whom such a question was raised.

So there ya go.

Who's wasting time and money?

Over the past five years, there have been more than 260 threats of a legislative filibuster in the Senate. But the numbers suggest that with Democrats now in power, such tactics are dramatically on the rise. Sixty-four times this year legislation has come before the Senate requiring 60 votes or more to pass - almost twice as many as all of last year, when the balance of power was switched, and nearly three times as much as 2005.

With more than three months left to go in the current Congress, the U.S. Senate has already seen 45 cloture motions -- measures introduced by a senator requiring a 3/5 majority to end debate. Twenty-three of these motions have been rejected. In addition, there have been 19 votes in which the Senate has voluntarily agreed to work along a three-fifths threshold, thereby avoiding the cumbersome process of invoking cloture (which requires a 30-hour waiting period). In 2006, such a procedural move occurred just twice.

Combined, these methods of forcing super-majority votes have made the current Congress a paradigm of political gridlock. Among the legislation that has succumbed to natural and pseudo-filibustering are amendments to advance stem cell research, a bill that would have reduced the cost of attending college, multiple pieces of legislation designed to facilitate a drawdown of troops from Iraq, and a provision that would have allowed the Department of Health and Human Services to negotiate drug prices with drug companies.

"This is part of a longer trend, whereby 60 votes are now required for anything significant," Stuart Rothenberg, editor of the Rothenberg Political Report, said to the Huffington Post. "It used to be that requiring 60 votes, members had to bring in cots and have a real filibuster. Now the minority simply says no, we're not going let you bring that up. It's the way the process has changed on the Hill."

On the whole, the GOP has proven successful in using procedural tactics to drastically slow down Democratic priorities. As speaker of the Montana Legislature, Senator John Tester, D-MT, saw more than 1,000 bills in a three-month period. In Washington, the number of bills sent by Congress to the President so far this year has numbered 89.

New Figures Reveal Aggressive GOP Obstructionist Strategy

I find the fact that you call it a charade amusing.

And why should it wait?

Never mind Jillian I forgot you are not actually looking for a debate on the subject, You just want to see Bush Jailed. Ok fine if that is what you want, that is your right.

Me I just do not want to see money wasted on an impeachment process that will never be carried out. I did not want to see it when it was Clinton and I do not want to see it now.

PNAC was also right when they said the would need another Pearl Harbor type incident to push their radical agenda. They sure got it.

No wonder Condy wouldn't take Richard Armitage's or Tenet's report called, "Bin Ladin Determined To Attack Inside The US Using Airplanes".

How else would she be able to later say, "we could have never imagined..."

Never mind Jillian I forgot you are not actually looking for a debate on the subject, You just want to see Bush Jailed. Ok fine if that is what you want, that is your right.

Me I just do not want to see money wasted on an impeachment process that will never be carried out. I did not want to see it when it was Clinton and I do not want to see it now.

That's why it's not going to come to that. But don't you think the American people should know what really happened before the November elections?

As of right now, you think I'm a conspiracy theorist, and meanwhile you can't tell when your government is conspiring against you.

Its that kind of thinking that distracted this country from terrorists...

The president is supposed to be above all that. Remember he's a Rhodes Scholar and oh so much smarter and better than everyone else. Surely, he wouldn't have been distracted by anything. That's for mere mortals.

Forum List

Back