Impact of the Trump "tariff wars".....

Then there are people like you, who communicate only to troll and attack, like children.
Relax Mac, after all, how many opportunities do you get to observe the behavior of an infant retardicus trollicai in it's natural habitat?

… think of it as a Masai Mara Safari with less intelligent wildlife.;)

So, for those of us who have to take this stuff seriously, 2 or 3 months is too far to project.
Add "attention span" to your many other problems......lol
I'm sure that means something.

Ask anyone in the financial services profession and they'll tell you the same thing.

And then there's people like you.

"lol"

Then there are people like you, who communicate only to troll and attack, like children.
Relax Mac, after all, how many opportunities do you get to observe the behavior of an infant retardicus trollicai in it's natural habitat?

This place is indeed fascinating.

Ask anyone in the financial services profession and they'll tell you the same thing.

"lol"

No, NO.....you're absolutely "correct".....

Budgets should only be month to month
Estate planning should be only on a weekly basis
....and your orange hero campaigning for 2020 is off by 28 fucking months........LOL

(but, fear not, you have on here like-minded Trump cult members who "think" you're a fucking genius......)

… or downright pathetic.

Depending on your opinion as to the state of the glass.

"lol"

No, NO.....you're absolutely "correct".....

Budgets should only be month to month
Estate planning should be only on a weekly basis
....and your orange hero campaigning for 2020 is off by 28 fucking months........LOL

(but, fear not, you have on here like-minded Trump cult members who "think" you're a fucking genius......)
Nice to see you resorting to straw man silliness.

And I voted against Trump, for Hillary.

Are you sure you want to keep doing this? Are you at least 18?

You're an embarrassment, and part of the reason this guy is in the White House.

… or downright pathetic.

Depending on your opinion as to the state of the glass.
It's fascinating to observe the behaviors.

The crazies are essentially a little, wet, wormy thing, wiggling around in my mental Petri dish.

Observe, poke, observe, poke, observe.

Flush.

:rolleyes:

Very early. Things can change overnight with the capitulation of one of our trading partners.

Most serious people know this. Most serious people know not to project too far.

A majority of us continue to hope for the best, even if we didn't vote for him.

Yeah, out of everything that is Trump (excluding his history of immoral choices), the policy that I was most against is this protectionism. If I could cut this policy out of the Trump agenda, I'd be a lot happier.

But what can we do now? This was a package deal. I didn't vote for him, but here we are. I just hope that people convince him to change his position if things start getting bad.

Very early. Things can change overnight with the capitulation of one of our trading partners.

Yeah, out of everything that is Trump (excluding his history of immoral choices), the policy that I was most against is this protectionism. If I could cut this policy out of the Trump agenda, I'd be a lot happier.

But what can we do now? This was a package deal. I didn't vote for him, but here we are. I just hope that people convince him to change his position if things start getting bad.
Yeah, here we are.

One of two things will happen: Our trading partners will blink in some way, or we will. Trump's playing chicken here, he's convinced that we still have enough clout on global trade to pull this off. Me, I don't know.

I can tell you this: Markets won't wait forever here. I think that if we don't see some kind of clear resolution or improvement on this by mid to late Fall, institutions will start pulling their chips and we'll see bond prices surge. That could lead to a downdraft in both business and consumer spending. The problem here is that we're already on the tail end of a long bull market, and institutions have their finger on the trigger.

Just for a little fairness sake.......
I "projected" 2 to 3 months from today.....Is THAT too far???

(Heck, Trump is already campaigning for 2020.............lol)

You know where his 2020 campaign flags are made? Yep, China. Just read that this morning.

Like a huge aircraft carrier, the U.S. economy changes direction in a very slow pattern.

The impact of Trump's moronic tariff wars will not be felt in the next couple of months; rather, the impact will become apparent just before the 2018 midterms, resulting in a negative "unforeseen consequence" for the republican party.

From dairy farmers in Wisconsin to auto workers in South Carolina, the once "applauded" demagoguery spewed by Trump, will be countered by the stark reality of loss of income for the once "loyal" Trump voters.

Wake up America.......you don't run the world largest economy as you would some shady and corrupt real estate deal in New Jersey.
Nat, you guys make so many predictions that fail, lets slow down.
The fact is, he's using our leverage to make better deals. They didn't think he was serious, now they know he is, lets see how it shakes out.....I'm betting our trading partners will capitulate, even China, they lose our market, they are in serious trouble.
If he'd just gone at it with China you would have a point. As it is he just fucked us all in the ass.
No, I think he's smart, he is confusing people and making them scared. They don't know what to do. Germany is looking into concessions about cars now. no increasing their tarrfis, but reducing them. It will work and why?
Because we have the market everyone wants, Trump knows this and will use it in negotiations. Why in the past we let people fuck us over, when we had the power, I'll never know, but those days are over.
If you think this bumbling idiot is smart then there is no help for you. He's not smart, he careens from one self-created crisis to the next without pause, can't construct a proper sentence, and tweets incessantly with a 4th grade vocabulary. He can't go 10 minutes without telling a lie, he's constantly throwing his own people under the bus, and spends his days antagonizing our allies and complimenting our enemies. He's making a mockery of our intelligence apparatus and justice system. He's joke, a caricature of a politician, a nut-job, a con-man. I could go on but I'm tired of typing on this tiny little phone screen.

Like a huge aircraft carrier, the U.S. economy changes direction in a very slow pattern.

The impact of Trump's moronic tariff wars will not be felt in the next couple of months; rather, the impact will become apparent just before the 2018 midterms, resulting in a negative "unforeseen consequence" for the republican party.

From dairy farmers in Wisconsin to auto workers in South Carolina, the once "applauded" demagoguery spewed by Trump, will be countered by the stark reality of loss of income for the once "loyal" Trump voters.

Wake up America.......you don't run the world largest economy as you would some shady and corrupt real estate deal in New Jersey.
Nat, you guys make so many predictions that fail, lets slow down.
The fact is, he's using our leverage to make better deals. They didn't think he was serious, now they know he is, lets see how it shakes out.....I'm betting our trading partners will capitulate, even China, they lose our market, they are in serious trouble.
If he'd just gone at it with China you would have a point. As it is he just fucked us all in the ass.

IT'S ON: Trump's trade war is set to kick off with tariffs on $34 billion worth of Chinese goods

Trump - idiot.
Yeah, he's a moron....we should let them walk all over us....good plan.
Them=who in your mind?

BTW, Trump has another $200B in tariffs against China in the works and $300B after that.....if they're smart they'll yell "uncle" or Trump will have their ass in a sling by Halloween.
You do know that China is, as we speak, busting their asses building alternative markets in Europe? And that the Europeans are as eager for the trade as they are?

Things are already changing. Stock market is struggling to maintain gains made last year, inflation rising, interest rates going up... The indicators are there for all to see.

Youre hoping
No, I'm watching.

Agreed, but if he would have taken a more measured approx h instead of taking on the whole world at once I would have more confidence this could end better. But bull in the China shop probably means that this will end with a minus total by the end. Again you are correct and we shall see. If none of few of the trade partners blink Rump(and us the people) are prolly in deep dodo!

Forum List

Back