Immigration reform, what should it be

10 years of ending all legal and illegal immigration
Deportation of all illegal Hispanics and Asians, blacks.
A wall across the border. Israel has a good one!
Shoot on the spot if a new round of immigrants try to cross in the future
10 years in prison for any business owner that hires an illegal in the future
A policy that favors white immigration after 10 years
10,000 bucks for each new WHITE baby born

My plan to right America.
shoot a family on the spot?.....you are a dipshit Matt.....America is not a brutal dictatorship like you want it to be....your plan to right America kinda sends it over to be a brutal country that i bet most would not want....
Matt......you know dam well you would not be able to execute a man and wife with some small kids....so why act like you are some big bad assassin?.......or is someone else supposed to do it for you while you sit safely in your house hundreds of miles away?.....

I would also reform minimum wage and actually make it lower or get rid of it. Many of these people are willing to work for less, in jobs that Americans would not do anyway. Research has also shown that immigrants that work below minimum wage are not taking higher paying jobs away, but creating new jobs that would not exist if minimum wage were enforced. If all immigrant farmers were paid minimum wage, for example, it is likely that there would be less farm workers and more imports from countries with lower wages.

Those are the rules I would set. Those here now would apply for similar legal status.

The goal is that people who want to come here should be allowed to, so long as they are willing to work (which is the reason many come here anyway--jobs) as opposed to just live off of welfare.

As long as we have a welfare state, I think that would be a very foolish policy because all it takes is for the immigrants is to start having babies they can never afford and they're on the welfare handouts.

Also one reason many Americans won't take those jobs is because the welfare life is an option.

Good thread, Fred. We NEVER ever should offer amnesty, ever, that is a deal breaker. I know you are asking democrats for a reply, I notice no liberal democrats bother to rely. I remember when our borders were open. Nobody cared if this or that person wandered over the border. Really. Canadian, Mexican, nobody cared much. Small potatoes. Well, since Regan's amnesty back in 86, things just got WORSE. it's getting to be I hear Spanish more often than English. I live almost a 1000 miles from the border! I am tired of this passive aggressive invasion by Mexico, with this victimhood persona. They are just interloping invaders. I will never accept them as immigrants or Americans. Just interlopers. Good thread.
What city do you live in where you hear more Spanish than English? Just curious.

Definitely true where I live -- El Paso is a very large and very fast growing city where Spanish is definitely the dominant language. 80% speak mainly Spanish.

I'm not a dem or a progressive, but I will bite anyway.

Anyone who wants to come to America and work for a better life should be allowed to come. Basic background checks, ensuring proper immunizations, a clean bill of health (no contagious diseases) should all be required. For those who cannot afford immunizations, I would hope US charities who seek to help immigrants would raise money to pay for them (which no doubt they would if given the chance).

The goal would be to ensure people coming are not criminals, and are not going to pose any health threat (a test most will pass).

I do not believe they should instantly become citizens. They should be granted a type of permanent residency status. Additionally, because our welfare system is so screwed up, and there is the possibility of abuse, I would not allow immigrants to use welfare services for a set amount of time.

I would also reform minimum wage and actually make it lower or get rid of it. Many of these people are willing to work for less, in jobs that Americans would not do anyway. Research has also shown that immigrants that work below minimum wage are not taking higher paying jobs away, but creating new jobs that would not exist if minimum wage were enforced. If all immigrant farmers were paid minimum wage, for example, it is likely that there would be less farm workers and more imports from countries with lower wages.

Those are the rules I would set. Those here now would apply for similar legal status.

The goal is that people who want to come here should be allowed to, so long as they are willing to work (which is the reason many come here anyway--jobs) as opposed to just live off of welfare.

I disagree that anyone should be able to come here simply because they want a better life. We don't have enough jobs and resources to accommodate them all. We have to keep population growth in mind also. That's the reason we have annual quotas for legal immigration.

As long as we have a welfare state, I think that would be a very foolish policy because all it takes is for the immigrants is to start having babies they can never afford and they're on the welfare handouts.

Also one reason many Americans won't take those jobs is because the welfare life is an option.
I agree welfare reform is needed. The reality is that permanent residents are not allowed to receive the bulk of welfare benefits, however.

I disagree that anyone should be able to come here simply because they want a better life. We don't have enough jobs and resources to accommodate them all. We have to keep population growth in mind also. That's the reason we have annual quotas for legal immigration.

ILLEGAL immigration is a problem for many reasons, but "population growth" is certainly NOT one of them.

ILLEGAL immigration is a problem for many reasons, but "population growth" is certainly NOT one of them.
California is considered 100% of it as lacking enough water. How many more people should they have?

California is considered 100% of it as lacking enough water. How many more people should they have?

I don't know if you've heard the news yet, but we have 49 other states as well and the force-field around California isn't working.

:rolleyes: What an idiot

I don't know if you've heard the news yet, but we have 49 other states as well.
You're the idiot who doesn't see a problem of overpopulation. Like Chicago, New York, Miami, LA, SF, ... all need and have room for many more people? Why are you always so ignorant?

We face many problems, but 'overpopulation' isn't one of them.

I'm not a dem or a progressive, but I will bite anyway.

Anyone who wants to come to America and work for a better life should be allowed to come. Basic background checks, ensuring proper immunizations, a clean bill of health (no contagious diseases) should all be required. For those who cannot afford immunizations, I would hope US charities who seek to help immigrants would raise money to pay for them (which no doubt they would if given the chance).

The goal would be to ensure people coming are not criminals, and are not going to pose any health threat (a test most will pass).

I do not believe they should instantly become citizens. They should be granted a type of permanent residency status. Additionally, because our welfare system is so screwed up, and there is the possibility of abuse, I would not allow immigrants to use welfare services for a set amount of time.

I lost count with how many things I disagree with here. :rolleyes:

stop all immigration legal and illegal . Build that wall and deport , no family reunification !! When immigration is restarted be very selective in who is allowed to immigrate . I'LL do the selecting if i'm still around .

Sounds like the right strategy. I would tend to trust your judgement. :iagree:

Good thread, Fred. We NEVER ever should offer amnesty, ever, that is a deal breaker. I know you are asking democrats for a reply, I notice no liberal democrats bother to rely. I remember when our borders were open. Nobody cared if this or that person wandered over the border. Really. Canadian, Mexican, nobody cared much. Small potatoes. Well, since Regan's amnesty back in 86, things just got WORSE. it's getting to be I hear Spanish more often than English. I live almost a 1000 miles from the border! I am tired of this passive aggressive invasion by Mexico, with this victimhood persona. They are just interloping invaders. I will never accept them as immigrants or Americans. Just interlopers. Good thread.

And this is a good post. Yes there are some real good posters in this thread.

Forum List

Back