Immigration reform, what should it be

we have the capacity to feed with proper distribution . Same with housing , government just distributes food where it is needed . Same with housing , gov just builds housing and gives people housing vouchers . My only problem with growing imported population in the USA is the growing population which makes new groups that special interest politicians will pander to . ELLISON , the first muslim politician in Minnesota , who woulda thunk it 20 years ago . Plus , small cities , towns and locations are filling up with people .

Ok dem's, progressives you don't like fences, deportations, put it on the table. What should the border look like? Wide open? How many should be allowed per year/month. Should they have to have a sponsor, clean bill of health, immunizations, a skill that fits a specific need, background check, ID, birth certificate?
Once that is set what should happen to those that come illegally once the new comprehensive law is passed? Do we grant amnesty every 5 years.
Or do we set the rules and deport all who violate the law?
We have laws in place that we chose not to follow and we have chaos now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a reciprocal law? Whatever the laws are for immigration in your country, that's how we treat you. If Americans aren't welcome in your country, you aren't welcome here. If we can't go there and work, you can't come here and work. If we can't go there and live, you can't come here and live. If we can't get welfare in your country, you can't get it in ours. Seems fair to me.

Ok dem's, progressives you don't like fences, deportations, put it on the table. What should the border look like? Wide open? How many should be allowed per year/month. Should they have to have a sponsor, clean bill of health, immunizations, a skill that fits a specific need, background check, ID, birth certificate?
Once that is set what should happen to those that come illegally once the new comprehensive law is passed? Do we grant amnesty every 5 years.
Or do we set the rules and deport all who violate the law?
We have laws in place that we chose not to follow and we have chaos now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a reciprocal law? Whatever the laws are for immigration in your country, that's how we treat you. If Americans aren't welcome in your country, you aren't welcome here. If we can't go there and work, you can't come here and work. If we can't go there and live, you can't come here and live. If we can't get welfare in your country, you can't get it in ours. Seems fair to me.

I don't want American laws based on the laws of other countries. We can make our own laws, we just need to enforce them. If we had a capable chief law enforcement officer in the Executive we might be able to do that.

I often hear that idea ' sheilia ' , I disagree , USA should be free and independent with no negotiation with foreigners about USA policies and laws .

I said we can't feed the whole world as it is, why would we want more people on this planet. ...

We most certainly "can" (meaning we have the capacity, for those of you like BillyPussy who are 'challenged' in reading comprehension) feed the whole world. The number of people alive in the world is not the cause of poverty and hunger.
You're a simpleton. We can't feed the whole world as it is. Sure, some parts of the world could handle more people, but the earth as a whole can't. Too many people are creating too much pollution, and too many people are starving. Ok, now go stick your head back in the sand. :D

I often hear that ' sheilia ' , I disagree , USA should be free and independent with no negotiation with foreigners about USA policies and laws .

So instead we let them roam free and take over our country. we take in more legal immigrants than all other nations combined, add the illegals into that mess and we are being overrun. They don't want to become Americans, they want to turn our country into theirs. And for the record, there are no jobs that Americans won't do, only jobs that were taken away from Americans. Also, they have gone into the higher paying jobs and ruined those as well. I have a friend in construction, he makes the same now as he did nearly 40 years ago due to the immigrants, both legal and illegal that have taken over. If our immigration was kept at a reasonable level, or lower paid workers would be making a a living wage without a law requiring it. Americans are having children at less than replacement value, that means pay should be going up for the lower paid jobs, exponentially, but instead, we've let in so many immigrants, both legal and illegal that the middle class wages have stagnated and the poor wages have actually gone down in spending power. This is not a good system. Of course the wealthy are happy, they're making more money than ever and they love that cheap labor. Heck, if they don't want to pay them, they can just call immigration before they hand out the paychecks.

I said we can't feed the whole world as it is, why would we want more people on this planet. ...

We most certainly "can" (meaning we have the capacity, for those of you like BillyPussy who are 'challenged' in reading comprehension) feed the whole world. The number of people alive in the world is not the cause of poverty and hunger.
You're a simpleton. We can't feed the whole world as it is.

Do you think that just repeating that will make it true, Rain Man?

:cuckoo:

You're a simpleton. We can't feed the whole world as it is.

Do you think that just repeating that will make it true?
Too many people are creating too much pollution, and too many people are starving. Large parts of the world like China and India definitely can't handle more people. Same with LA... Plus, if we could feed the whole world, nobody would be starving. But in your world, the whole world is fed, right?

that's what deportation is a way to go Sheilia , plus build a wall . Saudis are doing a wall as we type according to a link that I posted on this board yesterday . Israelis have a separation wall that works . Another idea that I disagree with is the idea that the USA stop illegal immigration but increase legal immigration . All these ideas are losers in my opinion . Only way i'll be happy is to stop ALL immigration except for limited and very selective immigration based on what Americans want . Sure , USA wants that foreign scientist and he wants to come , then its ok for that scientist and immediate family but that's it . And , by the way , I agree with your last post !!

Last edited:
We face many problems, but 'overpopulation' isn't one of them.

With over 2 billion impoverished people who would all enjoy the welfare life in the USA and they have sky high birth rates, I think overpopulation is a concern.

Americans aren't over-populating, nor is the middle class. And we may have some wide open spaces but all the millions illegals do is crowd already packed urban areas.
Except there are not 2 billion impoverished people who want to move to the United States. In fact, not even 2 billion people period want to move here.

150 Million Adults Worldwide Would Migrate to the U.S.

In terms of population density, the U.S. is number 179 of 241 countries.

Overpopulation is not a concern. Anyone who knows the facts but still says overpopulation in the U.S. is a concern is really just saying they don't want more non-whites here.

we have the capacity to feed with proper distribution . Same with housing , government just distributes food where it is needed . Same with housing , gov just builds housing and gives people housing vouchers . My only problem with growing imported population in the USA is the growing population which makes new groups that special interest politicians will pander to . ELLISON , the first muslim politician in Minnesota , who woulda thunk it 20 years ago . Plus , small cities , towns and locations are filling up with people .
I agree the U.S. has the capacity to meet the needs of more people and overpopulation is not a serious threat. But that has nothing to do with government being able to distribute things. As we know from history (Soviet Union) government utterly fails at meeting needs. It is the free market that has the capacity to do all of the things you mention.

Only fools who do not understand what America is call for stopping LEGAL immigration. Not going to happen regardless.

yeah ' S.nation ' , I agree but the way I describe is how things will be run in the future, in my opinion . Gov will distribute THEIR food and supply THEIR housing which they will own or at least have authority over . To what degree , well I don't know but I don't foresee a free market

yeah ' S.nation ' , I agree but the way I describe is how things will be run in the future, in my opinion . Gov will distribute THEIR food and supply THEIR housing which they will own or at least have authority over . To what degree , well I don't know but I don't foresee a free market
If that is how things are run in the future, everyone will be starving and homeless (except the government bureaucrats and their friends of course). If there is no free market, the result will be an increase in poverty and economic stagnation.

not saying its a good idea , just saying that that's what I envision . I also see most of the population living in cities and most will be poor , imo . And my concern with population is simply that I don't want more population in the USA as I watch smaller American cities grow in population and I see the spread of cities into open areas . I don't see that as progress . I don't concern myself with world population as I'm only concerned with the population numbers in the USA .

not saying its a good idea , just saying that that's what I envision . I also see most of the population living in cities and most will be poor , imo . And my concern with population is simply that I don't want more population in the USA as I watch smaller American cities grow in population and I see the spread of cities into open areas . I don't see that as progress . I don't concern myself with world population as I'm only concerned with the population numbers in the USA .

If you are concerned with the US, you should be concerned with the inevitably shrinking population that lies in our future and all the challenges that holds.

Forum List

Back