Immigration reform, what should it be

The only way in which to secure the border would be to have a wall extending coast to coast and guard towers with armed guards. However, this would take a significant amount of time and resources to implement. A better solution would be to implement a policy where any employer who is caught hiring an illegal would be required (no exception) to do jail time and pay a hefty fine. As employers start going to jail, you would see a sharp drop in the number of illegals in the workforce. No one wants to go to jail. Illegals would be forced back to their countries of origin as they would have no source of income.

Amnesty will not work because after you grant amnesty to a group of illegals, you'll have a new group waiting. The cycle will just repeat itself. Not to mention that granting amnesty would be unfair to the immigrants who go through the process, and become citizens the legal way, undergoing background checks, paying the required fees, and waiting their turn in line.

I agree with what yousay about jailing employers and unfairness to people immigrating legally, BUT, illegals would not necessarily be forced out of the country because of unemployment. They could also live here on welfare, as many due by way of the anchor baby racket, and/or false documentation. It's critical to put a stop to birthright citizenship, and develop a foolproof method of determining legality (biometrically).

It's ok, at least WE know you're wrong,

You and your imaginary friend? I have provided proof, and you have provided nothing but a dearth of logic and reason.
Have you provided proof that lots of people aren't starving around the world, that pollution isn't out of control (like all the garbage floating around the world's oceans, never mind places like China where the air is deadly...), and that LA, for example, can handle and needs a lot more people? No. Please try again.

Ok dem's, progressives you don't like fences, deportations, put it on the table. What should the border look like? Wide open? How many should be allowed per year/month. Should they have to have a sponsor, clean bill of health, immunizations, a skill that fits a specific need, background check, ID, birth certificate?
Once that is set what should happen to those that come illegally once the new comprehensive law is passed? Do we grant amnesty every 5 years.
Or do we set the rules and deport all who violate the law?
We have laws in place that we chose not to follow and we have chaos now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without reading this entire thread, or anyone elses ideas...

I think we need to stop the hiring of illegal immigrants...don't know how completely....but certain it can be figured out with a means for employers to check upon hire, and through penalties/fines that are so LARGESS that employers will not want to skirt the system or take the chance of skirting the system to save a dime or two on illegal hired hands....

The border should NOT and should NEVER be wide open. It's a homeland security threat... and it makes immigration unfair....we as a country have always felt that it is a limited MIXTURE of nationalities that makes America great and interesting and successful....Thank God Einstein was let in! :) So, over filling our country with just 1 or two nationalities is hurting us and keeping others, from all over the world, that want to come here LEGALLY, from making it here... due to the quotas being kept lower than what America could handle if it were not for all of the illegal immigrants that have come in.

I don't think a fence would work across the southern border, UNLESS it were a fence across the ENTIRE border.... and THAT is cost prohibitive....it costs way more than what we have to spend on something like that, UNLESS.....UNLESS there is some kind of technology that can not be messed with, that can put some sort of invisible fence up with warning signs, that does not harm the person crossing and does not kill them, for goodness sake, but something that would deter them from crossing, which does NOT COST too much....

And granted, I know nothing about the Southern Border of the USA, other than the Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida coast line where I lived for a while, so I could be just dreaming with some of my ideas...

I think President Bush's idea on a guest worker program being escalated or elevated might need to be part of this immigration reform....it was to increase and to simplify, temporary guest worker visas for the migrant workers and seasonal workers...up here it would be chamber maids for the summer only resort hotels which some resort owners who can not fill their positions with Americans get from Jamaica right now, so that none had to come in here illegally, and all of them would easily be able to go back home when the season is over and come back in when the picking season or resort season, begins again....I don't remember exactly, but it was something like a 5 or a 10 year guest worker visa where they did not have to go through all of the hoop dee doo on yearly or whatever basis for renewals and making it harder for them to leave and go home, for the fear of them not being able to come back in legally or come back in at all.

We need a better system of tracking student visa people.....when the visa is up, then need to go home, and spread their invaluable knowledge that they were blessed to be given the chance at receiving.... in their own country....we invite them here, so they can SPREAD what they have learned in to their own communities, back in their homeland...that's the purpose....not so sure if this is being done, many could be just staying here....(and I can't blame them for wanting to stay here, it's a wonderful place to live, in all the years and places I have lived....it's the best so far! However, this is unfair to those waiting in line to come here legally.)

I honestly do not know what to do with all of the illegals that are living here already....there are so many of them....I think the idea of focusing on deporting the ones with no ties, the ones with criminal records, the ones in gangs etc etc etc, is the first step.... I do think that those that have had children born in the USA, should be the very last.... I just do....I don't want to separate mother, father and child or mother and child, and the child as a USA citizen can not be deported and it just could turn ugly all around....

I've said enough for now...

(and some of my ideas on second thought are scaring me, seeing how all of this could lead to all of us being tattooed or CHIPPED, with a number on/in our right hand or forehead :eek: so we can prove that we are American citizens and not illegals, (the Mark of the Beast) and everyone just going along with it due to their amplified fear of illegals) I know I'll be laughed at for that thought, but it sure seems like this is where we could be going...and I am jumping off this band wagon if that is the case!!! :)

Ok dem's, progressives you don't like fences, deportations, put it on the table. What should the border look like? Wide open? How many should be allowed per year/month. Should they have to have a sponsor, clean bill of health, immunizations, a skill that fits a specific need, background check, ID, birth certificate?
Once that is set what should happen to those that come illegally once the new comprehensive law is passed? Do we grant amnesty every 5 years.
Or do we set the rules and deport all who violate the law?
We have laws in place that we chose not to follow and we have chaos now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without reading this entire thread, or anyone elses ideas...

I think we need to stop the hiring of illegal immigrants...don't know how completely....but certain it can be figured out with a means for employers to check upon hire, and through penalties/fines that are so LARGESS that employers will not want to skirt the system or take the chance of skirting the system to save a dime or two on illegal hired hands....

The border should NOT and should NEVER be wide open. It's a homeland security threat... and it makes immigration unfair....we as a country have always felt that it is a limited MIXTURE of nationalities that makes America great and interesting and successful....Thank God Einstein was let in! :) So, over filling our country with just 1 or two nationalities is hurting us and keeping others, from all over the world, that want to come here LEGALLY, from making it here... due to the quotas being kept lower than what America could handle if it were not for all of the illegal immigrants that have come in.

I don't think a fence would work across the southern border, UNLESS it were a fence across the ENTIRE border.... and THAT is cost prohibitive....it costs way more than what we have to spend on something like that, UNLESS.....UNLESS there is some kind of technology that can not be messed with, that can put some sort of invisible fence up with warning signs, that does not harm the person crossing and does not kill them, for goodness sake, but something that would deter them from crossing, which does NOT COST too much....

And granted, I know nothing about the Southern Border of the USA, other than the Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida coast line where I lived for a while, so I could be just dreaming with some of my ideas...

I think President Bush's idea on a guest worker program being escalated or elevated might need to be part of this immigration reform....it was to increase and to simplify, temporary guest worker visas for the migrant workers and seasonal workers...up here it would be chamber maids for the summer only resort hotels which some resort owners who can not fill their positions with Americans get from Jamaica right now, so that none had to come in here illegally, and all of them would easily be able to go back home when the season is over and come back in when the picking season or resort season, begins again....I don't remember exactly, but it was something like a 5 or a 10 year guest worker visa where they did not have to go through all of the hoop dee doo on yearly or whatever basis for renewals and making it harder for them to leave and go home, for the fear of them not being able to come back in legally or come back in at all.

We need a better system of tracking student visa people.....when the visa is up, then need to go home, and spread their invaluable knowledge that they were blessed to be given the chance at receiving.... in their own country....we invite them here, so they can SPREAD what they have learned in to their own communities, back in their homeland...that's the purpose....not so sure if this is being done, many could be just staying here....(and I can't blame them for wanting to stay here, it's a wonderful place to live, in all the years and places I have lived....it's the best so far! However, this is unfair to those waiting in line to come here legally.)

I honestly do not know what to do with all of the illegals that are living here already....there are so many of them....I think the idea of focusing on deporting the ones with no ties, the ones with criminal records, the ones in gangs etc etc etc, is the first step.... I do think that those that have had children born in the USA, should be the very last.... I just do....I don't want to separate mother, father and child or mother and child, and the child as a USA citizen can not be deported and it just could turn ugly all around....

I've said enough for now...

(and some of my ideas on second thought are scaring me, seeing how all of this could lead to all of us being tattooed or CHIPPED, with a number on/in our right hand or forehead :eek: so we can prove that we are American citizens and not illegals, (the Mark of the Beast) and everyone just going along with it due to their amplified fear of illegals) I know I'll be laughed at for that thought, but it sure seems like this is where we could be going...and I am jumping off this band wagon if that is the case!!! :)

1. Erect the double layered wall only along the most porous areas of the border. This will free up the Border Patrol to patrol the rest. A good physical barrier would assist them immensely to do their jobs. It would be cost effective when you consider the costs of having illegal aliens in our country by the millions.

2. Implement e-verify across the board, deny any benefits to an illegal alien headed household. Remove birthright citizenship for their kids. This will make most of them self-deport with no incentives to remain here or to continue to come here. There is no need to implant chips in anyone. A good tamper proof national ID is not a bad idea though. All of the above would cut illegal immigration down to a trickle if only congress had the will to do them. Far too many in congress with an invested interest in promoting illegal immigration though. I fear before they wake up it will be too late.

Allowing landowners along the border the right to defend their property would go a long way to securing the border. Allow the border patrol to use deadly force would help.

We face many problems, but 'overpopulation' isn't one of them.

With over 2 billion impoverished people who would all enjoy the welfare life in the USA and they have sky high birth rates, I think overpopulation is a concern.

Americans aren't over-populating, nor is the middle class. And we may have some wide open spaces but all the millions illegals do is crowd already packed urban areas.

What should be done to reform immigration is reform the family sponsorship portion of legal immigration because far too many of those sponsored by relatives end up on food stamps and Medicaid.

It also keeps better qualified immigrants out because not much is required of those being sponsored by their relatives or of the sponsor. Instead the sponsor shouldn't have to be a relative, but could be anyone who is willing to provide the immigrant with 100% of the financial support required, all the housing, medical costs, food, education for the entire stay of the immigrant.

There should never be any taxpayer handouts for immigrants, if they can't make it here, or the sponsor doesn't want to pay for their care, they should return home.

With over 2 billion impoverished people who would all enjoy the welfare life in the USA and they have sky high birth rates, I think overpopulation is a concern.

You are mistaken. Poverty is a concern, hunger is a concern, war and political strife are concerns, but there is no "overpopulation."

You are mistaken. Poverty is a concern, hunger is a concern, war and political strife are concerns, but there is no "overpopulation."
We can't feed the whole world as it is. India, China, and others are for sure over-populated. LA even has too many people.

You need help. Go get your Hi-Set, go see a shrink, go read all the many links I provided, then go shut fuck up.

The world produces more than enough food to feed every man, woman, and child on the planet. That is a FACT.

You need help. Go get your Hi-Set, go see a shrink, go read all the many links I provided, then go shut fuck up.

The world produces more than enough food to feed every man, woman, and child on the planet. That is a FACT.
Not what I was talking about. I said we can't feed the whole world as it is, why would we want more people on this planet. Now go back to your sandbox.

thing with me is that I don't much care about feeding or housing of a growing world population . My only concern is more people in the boundaries of the USA . My only concern is more people and their cultures in the USA brings new laws , regulations and restrictions on Americans to accommodate the newcomers .

I said we can't feed the whole world as it is, why would we want more people on this planet. ...

We most certainly "can" (meaning we have the capacity, for those of you like BillyPussy who are 'challenged' in reading comprehension) feed the whole world. The number of people alive in the world is not the cause of poverty and hunger.

Forum List

Back