Immigration reform, what should it be

probably hear as much Spanish as English in L.A. especially in the city center .

Build a wall. Gate closed. We have enough people already. "oh, but my country is poor and I want in"....

fukkin sucks to be you then, huh?

Good thread, Fred. We NEVER ever should offer amnesty, ever, that is a deal breaker. I know you are asking democrats for a reply, I notice no liberal democrats bother to rely. I remember when our borders were open. Nobody cared if this or that person wandered over the border. Really. Canadian, Mexican, nobody cared much. Small potatoes. Well, since Regan's amnesty back in 86, things just got WORSE. it's getting to be I hear Spanish more often than English. I live almost a 1000 miles from the border! I am tired of this passive aggressive invasion by Mexico, with this victimhood persona. They are just interloping invaders. I will never accept them as immigrants or Americans. Just interlopers. Good thread.
What city do you live in where you hear more Spanish than English? Just curious.

lol...Im in LA County. Very simple. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone talking mex. It's everywhere. Sometimes you hear nothing but mex. Mex news papers and mags. Advertisement in mex. TV stations in mex. There are more radio stations im mex than English...fact. I moved here from Ma. 2 yrs ago and let me tell you, ..it...is....friggin....unbelievable what is going on here.
Everyone that cares pro or con, should take a trip to the South West and see for yourself.

Last edited:
Good thread, Fred. We NEVER ever should offer amnesty, ever, that is a deal breaker. I know you are asking democrats for a reply, I notice no liberal democrats bother to rely. I remember when our borders were open. Nobody cared if this or that person wandered over the border. Really. Canadian, Mexican, nobody cared much. Small potatoes. Well, since Regan's amnesty back in 86, things just got WORSE. it's getting to be I hear Spanish more often than English. I live almost a 1000 miles from the border! I am tired of this passive aggressive invasion by Mexico, with this victimhood persona. They are just interloping invaders. I will never accept them as immigrants or Americans. Just interlopers. Good thread.
What city do you live in where you hear more Spanish than English? Just curious.

lol...Im in LA County. Very simple. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone talking mex. It's everywhere. Sometimes you hear nothing but mex. Mex news papers and mags. Advertisement in mex. TV stations in mex. There are more radio stations im mex than English...fact. I moved here from Ma. 2 yrs ago and let me tell you, ..it...is....friggin....unbelievable what is going on here.
Everyone that cares pro or con, should take a trip to the South West and see for yourself.
First of all, I was not asking you. Second of all, I also live in L.A. county. But I hear more English than Spanish pretty much everywhere. Mex is not a language, by the way. Yes, there is a lot of Spanish. Still more English. Perhaps your prejudice is giving you selective hearing.

If you don't like hearing languages other than English, don't move to a common destination for immigrants that is also one of the most cosmopolitan regions in the United States.

Last edited:
If you don't like hearing languages other than English, don't move to a common destination for immigrants that is also one of the most cosmopolitan regions in the United States.

Your response of "don't move" seems appropriate because he did say he moved to the region. You got lucky with that.

What though do you tell a California resident who was born there?

In 1940 the Hispanic population of California was 415,113 and the white population was 6,181,650 from a total population of 6,907,387. White, non-Hispanics, accounted for 89.5% of the population. What is your suggestion to someone alive today who was born in 1940 and makes the same complaint?

I'm not a liberal, but the only way to stop illegal immigration is securing the border with guards and a security fence.

First of all, I was not asking you. Second of all, I also live in L.A. county. But I hear more English than Spanish pretty much everywhere. Mex is not a language, by the way. Yes, there is a lot of Spanish. Still more English. Perhaps your prejudice is giving you selective hearing.

Your right...no problem here in so cal.
lol
So, it's my fault that I want Mexicans to have enough respect for my country to learn the language. Mexicans don't want to learn English they want to transform the so west into mexico. Are you going to try to tell me you never heard that before because I have been hearing that ever since I was a kid and evidence of this is all over. Are you blind and deaf? Maybe you just live in an area where there are no mex. And when the mex stop calling the whites "piche gringo" Ill stop with the mex shit, k?

I'm not a liberal, but the only way to stop illegal immigration is securing the border with guards and a security fence.

Ity really hasn't got anything to do with D or R. What it has to do with is whether or not you want illegals, and the mal effects they cause, in our country. This lie that ppl use of being a racist is bullshit. I'm not a racist. If that's all you have than use it, I guess.

Your response of "don't move" seems appropriate because he did say he moved to the region. You got lucky with that.

In 1940 the Hispanic population of California was 415,113 and the white population was 6,181,650 from a total population of 6,907,387. White, non-Hispanics, accounted for 89.5% of the population. What is your suggestion to someone alive today who was born in 1940 and makes the same complaint?
As a native-born California resident, I would tell them to stop being afraid of people with darker skin and get over their xenophobia. I would also remind them that many of the people who are speaking Spanish are also native born Californians.

Or, if they hate it so much, I'd tell them to move out. Plenty of cheaper states to go if you are that unhappy having Spanish-speaking neighbors (most of whom speak English well enough to get by, but prefer Spanish with each other...totally reasonable). There are also plenty of regions in CA where there are very few Spanish speaking people. Just move near the Oregon border.

Why are people so offended that other people speak a different language? For goodness sake there are 6,500 spoken languages in the world. There are more native Spanish-speakers in the world than native English speakers. If every time you hear someone speak Spanish you think society is going to hell, you need to take a serious chill pill and ctfd.

Last edited:

Your right...no problem here in so cal.
lol
So, it's my fault that I want Mexicans to have enough respect for my country to learn the language. Mexicans don't want to learn English they want to transform the so west into mexico. Are you going to try to tell me you never heard that before because I have been hearing that ever since I was a kid and evidence of this is all over. Are you blind and deaf? Maybe you just live in an area where there are no mex. And when the mex stop calling the whites "piche gringo" Ill stop with the mex shit, k?
That's right. People speaking Spanish is not a problem, unless of course you are a xenophobe.

Most Spanish-speakers do know English well enough, they just know Spanish better (it being their native language) so that is what they speak among their friends and family. The horror!!

This is not your country or my country, it is our country. And people speak lots of different languages, and that is fine. I am also glad to see that you have decided to stoop to the level of those immigrants who are disrespectful. That will definitely solve the problems we have. Your attitude is a reason why some Mexicans hate Americans in the first place. Way to contribute to the problem.

Last edited:

As a native-born California resident, I would tell them to stop being afraid of people with darker skin and get over their xenophobia. I would also remind them that many of the people who are speaking Spanish are also native born Californians.

I just shake my head here. Why do guys like you have to go full retard in order to defend your position? Afraid and xenophobia? And I'm supposed to treat what you write seriously?

Humanity has known for thousands of years that diversity destroys social bonds. Wanting to enjoy strong ties to your community doesn't make you afraid of different people, it simply means that you place higher value on a rich and sharing community life than you do on some leftist notion that diversity adds strength to your society despite the fact that we've known that "to divide is to conquer" for thousands of years.

A bleak picture of the corrosive effects of ethnic diversity has been revealed in research by Harvard University’s Robert Putnam, one of the world’s most influential political scientists.

His research shows that the more diverse a community is, the less likely its inhabitants are to trust anyone – from their next-door neighbour to the mayor. . .

The core message of the research was that, “in the presence of diversity, we hunker down”, he said. “We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.” . . .

When the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, they showed that the more people of different races lived in the same community, the greater the loss of trust. “They don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions,” said Prof Putnam. “The only thing there’s more of is protest marches and TV watching.”​

There's a reason that L.A. is going to hell in a handbasket - people are cocooning away, the loss of civic engagement increases year after year.

Or, if they hate it so much, I'd tell them to move out.

Did you tell that to homosexuals who wanted to marry other homosexuals? Tell them to move to Canada or Sweden? If not, why not?

I just shake my head here. Why do guys like you have to go full retard in order to defend your position? Afraid and xenophobia? And I'm supposed to treat what you write seriously?

Humanity has known for thousands of years that diversity destroys social bonds. Wanting to enjoy strong ties to your community doesn't make you afraid of different people, it simply means that you place higher value on a rich and sharing community life than you do on some leftist notion that diversity adds strength to your society despite the fact that we've known that "to divide is to conquer" for thousands of years.

A bleak picture of the corrosive effects of ethnic diversity has been revealed in research by Harvard University’s Robert Putnam, one of the world’s most influential political scientists.

His research shows that the more diverse a community is, the less likely its inhabitants are to trust anyone – from their next-door neighbour to the mayor. . .

The core message of the research was that, “in the presence of diversity, we hunker down”, he said. “We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.” . . .

When the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, they showed that the more people of different races lived in the same community, the greater the loss of trust. “They don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions,” said Prof Putnam. “The only thing there’s more of is protest marches and TV watching.”​

There's a reason that L.A. is going to hell in a handbasket - people are cocooning away, the loss of civic engagement increases year after year.

Or, if they hate it so much, I'd tell them to move out.
You are complaining that the white population relative the the hispanic populaton in CA is declining, call it a problem, and expect me to treat you as anything but a xenophobic racist? I mean come one. You basically spelled out your true feelings in black and white.

Diversity does not destroy social bonds. Bigots do. Diversity just reveals who those bigots really are.

Did you tell that to homosexuals who wanted to marry other homosexuals? Tell them to move to Canada or Sweden? If not, why not?
No. I would tell them to fight for their rights. Living in an all-white state, however, is not a right. What a stupid comparison.

Establish a minimum IQ, and a money threshold. Any illegal without cash or brains gets the boot.

I don't know what it should be, but I know as NATIVE Coloradan I don't like out of staters flooding here and dominating the place. With the marijuana, fracking or the illegal aliens.Oh, then there is this "light rail" boondoggle these carpetbaggers shoved down our collective throats. I am not liking liberals right now, they are not so much the friend of man as well meaning idiots. I will never ever vote again for a democrat/liberal, ever again. Fool me once, shame on me...you know the rest, at least you SHOULD.

Reform immigration to stop letting in beaners, arabs and Africans. That would probably do it.

I don't know what it should be, but I know as NATIVE Coloradan I don't like out of staters flooding here and dominating the place.

That's too fucking bad for you, isn't it? I can just imagine you sitting on your porch - barefoot, cigarette dangling, surrounded by furniture that's supposed to be inside - glaring balefully at the cars passing by if you don't personally recognize the driver. When you own the entire fucking state someone may give a shit what you "don't like." Until then, keep your Geritol hole shut.

Forum List

Back