I'm starting to sour on Trump

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
All through this campaign I've enjoyed the Trumpster keeping the Establishment goobs on their heels, putting forward the issues the American people want addressed and making fools of those who attempt to smear and jeer him. I've admired the way he has taken the typical personal attacks and turned them into political points. The way he has turned political correctness on it's ear is something to behold. I've gone on record to say that he's not my first choice but if he wins the nomination I will support him. However, I am now couching that statement with the fact that I will be most definitely holding my nose if I have to vote for Trump in the general election.

In recent weeks he has changed me from being a tacit supporter to someone who certainly doesn't want him to win the nomination or be the next president. This has nothing to do with anything the liberals or establishment GOP has hurled at him. it's all based upon his own words and actions. I can accept his rhetoric, even when it has been extreme and over the top. Mostly because I realize he is saying things that are resonating as a populist and when it comes down to brass tacks, he will have to work with Congress who isn't going to support extremist rhetoric. So it's not the "far-out" shit that he says sometimes, I can accept all of that.

It started when he began the liberal left tactic of attacking Ted Cruz on his citizenship. He made other comments regarding Cruz and I sort of shrugged those off as typical campaigning. I can overlook a few personal digs here and there but to instigate this sleazy left-wing tactic of criticizing his "natural born" status is too much. Add to that, his most recent call for massive taxation on Wall Street, and I have to pull the plug. That is simply buying into the Marxist rhetoric of the left and not a Conservative principle. I can dig that we need to reform some laws and make it more difficult for hedge fund managers to exploit tax loopholes but to introduce a plan to massively increase taxes across the board is not something I can support.

While I can appreciate that he doesn't employ speech writers or use a teleprompter, he repeatedly ends up contradicting things he said previously. For instance, one week he is supporting Obama's bringing Syrian refugees here... "We've gotta do it!" The very next week he calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the country. He is constantly putting his supporters in the embarrassing position of having to defend his contradictions... not to mention his brash statements.

His latest "tax Wall Street" nonsense sounds more like Bernie Sanders than anything else. This guy is NOT a Conservative and he is proving it for everyone to see. If it all comes down to Trump vs. whatever liberal idiot the Democrats nominate, I'll probably still vote for him with reservations. I don't believe he would nominate radical left wing activists to the court, but maybe I'm wrong about that too? Who knows with this guy? He could very well be working with the Clintons and simply be 'punking' the GOP.

It seems a little odd for him to feel a need to attack from the mountaintop, and yes, the bit about WS taxation reform is a bit too Bernie for me too.

Here's the thing: If he is the candidate, I will be compelled to vote for him. There will in my mind be no choice.

Many valid points, there, Boss. I have been looking at other candidates with some of the more prominent policies of Trump. but haven't found one. My big problem is he is so unpresidential. Being "presidential" doesn't mean that he is in bed with lobbyists or fund raisers, but you have to have a filter when you speak to be diplomatic. When talking with other heads of state, I don't want him to call them idiots if he disagrees with them.

By the same token he has had dealings with prominent people and has been successful, so. I am not sure.

I do know, if it comes to Hillary (or Bernie) vs. Trump. I will say a prayer and vote for Trump. I thought others met my needs before Trump, but their policies on immigration, PC, a wall in the southern border as well as making new trade deals demonstrated a lack of commitment to the issues I felt were important.

I read somewhere how this is Trump actually helping Cruz. because he knows the left/democrats are going to pounce on his eligibility to run. so it's bring out it now instead of waiting for them to do it. and they believe Trump and Cruz are actually friends or at least friendly. I thought that's possible.

"This has nothing to do with anything the liberals or establishment GOP has hurled at him."

Which is strange given the fact that both haven't 'hurled' anything but facts and the truth, Trump's own words, his own ignorance, hate, and bigotry.

"This has nothing to do with anything the liberals or establishment GOP has hurled at him."

Which is strange given the fact that both haven't 'hurled' anything but facts and the truth, Trump's own words, his own ignorance, hate, and bigotry.

Complete unadulterated bullshit. You're losing any credibility you have left

.... It started when he began the liberal left tactic of attacking Ted Cruz on his citizenship. He made other comments regarding Cruz and I sort of shrugged those off as typical campaigning. I can overlook a few personal digs here and there but to instigate this sleazy left-wing tactic of criticizing his "natural born" status is too much.

You're just now finding out that Rump is a Birfer? Not to mention, anything else that will feed his overarching goal in everything (which is attracting attention to Numero Uno) ---?

That's not a "left" thing just as it wasn't a "right" thing when the target was O'bama. That's a huckster thing. That's why it's right up his alley.

:lol: Told you crazies on the far right so. The man is about being the big wheel not the little squeal. For reals.

thing is that outside of the Trump or Cruz things will be the same old same old and even with their election who can say for sure what will happen . No mater what though , for me its Trump or Cruz or the democrat !!

to me TRUMP is the successful business man , father , grandfather that speaks plainly .

I never fell for the Trump rhetoric. He's a wolf (Democrat) in sheep's clothing (Republican). He did however bring to the forefront many issues that I feel needed to be discussed. That being said, the man is definitely no conservative. He donated $25,000 to the McAuliffe (D) campaign in Virginia and gave none to Cuccinelli (R). There are many more examples.

My vote is for whoever the Republican nominee is because I cannot vote for a Democrat. If I had my way it would be Ted Cruz but I don't believe he will be the one. I believe Trump will falter and Rubio, an establishment candidate, will get the nomination. If so, then no matter who wins it's business as usual (screwing the American people).

Actually, it makes sense to me Trump would get this Cruz birther thing out of the way NOW, because later on, I think he plans to name Cruz as his VP and all that shit has to be cleared up way in advance.

I never fell for the Trump rhetoric. He's a wolf (Democrat) in sheep's clothing (Republican). He did however bring to the forefront many issues that I feel needed to be discussed. That being said, the man is definitely no conservative. He donated $25,000 to the McAuliffe (D) campaign in Virginia and gave none to Cuccinelli (R). There are many more examples.

My vote is for whoever the Republican nominee is because I cannot vote for a Democrat. If I had my way it would be Ted Cruz but I don't believe he will be the one. I believe Trump will falter and Rubio, an establishment candidate, will get the nomination. If so, then no matter who wins it's business as usual (screwing the American people).
We'll just have to wait and see.

I like Cruz too. I just can't make up my mind Trump, but I do like his style and a lot his suggestions on how things could be. I also like everything you said here. I'm not that fond of Rubio for some reason. Or maybe it's because as you said, he just more Establishment and will be the same ole same ole.

that why I will only vote for the Trump or Cruz , no rooibos or other rinos !

Forum List

Back