I'm starting to sour on Trump

I can vote with my nose held for Cruz, because even though he is sure to lose, he will hold the House for the GOP and possibly, just possibly, save the Senate for the GOP, though I don't think it will happen.

Actually, it makes sense to me Trump would get this Cruz birther thing out of the way NOW, because later on, I think he plans to name Cruz as his VP and all that shit has to be cleared up way in advance.
---------------------------------- makes sense Gracie !!

Ya gotta try to think like Trump. Sooner rather than later, clean it up, polish it, make it shiny, then sell it. :lol:

I never fell for the Trump rhetoric. He's a wolf (Democrat) in sheep's clothing (Republican). He did however bring to the forefront many issues that I feel needed to be discussed. That being said, the man is definitely no conservative. He donated $25,000 to the McAuliffe (D) campaign in Virginia and gave none to Cuccinelli (R). There are many more examples.

My vote is for whoever the Republican nominee is because I cannot vote for a Democrat. If I had my way it would be Ted Cruz but I don't believe he will be the one. I believe Trump will falter and Rubio, an establishment candidate, will get the nomination. If so, then no matter who wins it's business as usual (screwing the American people).

I've never put much stock in who he donated to as a businessman. You often have to "sleep with the devil" in that position, so I can't really fault him for doing what they all do. Like I said, this is not about anything the liberal left or establishment goobs have thrown at him, it's about his own tactics and recent comments about taxing Wall Street.

I think it's wishful thinking to believe that someone not in the top 3-4 are suddenly going to emerge as the front-runner and win the nomination. We're less than a month away from the first primary races. Nothing has diminished his numbers so far and the only candidates who seem to be registering anything close are Cruz and mayyyybe Rubio. Even if all other candidates dropped out, I don't think Rubio can grab enough of their support to overtake Trump. Cruz could. I really do think by Super Tuesday it's going to be a 4-man race... Trump, Cruz, Rubio and Bush... Rubio and Bush will split the Establishment vote and that will leave Trump and Cruz to fight over the conservative vote. I think Cruz ultimately wins.

Ya gotta try to think like Trump. Sooner rather than later, clean it up, polish it, make it shiny, then sell it. :lol:

I think you hit that one right on dear. It does seem like something he would do. I've seen those two together (Trump and Cruz) and they seem friendly. so I'm hoping that's it.

I never fell for the Trump rhetoric. He's a wolf (Democrat) in sheep's clothing (Republican). He did however bring to the forefront many issues that I feel needed to be discussed. That being said, the man is definitely no conservative. He donated $25,000 to the McAuliffe (D) campaign in Virginia and gave none to Cuccinelli (R). There are many more examples.

My vote is for whoever the Republican nominee is because I cannot vote for a Democrat. If I had my way it would be Ted Cruz but I don't believe he will be the one. I believe Trump will falter and Rubio, an establishment candidate, will get the nomination. If so, then no matter who wins it's business as usual (screwing the American people).

I've never put much stock in who he donated to as a businessman. You often have to "sleep with the devil" in that position, so I can't really fault him for doing what they all do. Like I said, this is not about anything the liberal left or establishment goobs have thrown at him, it's about his own tactics and recent comments about taxing Wall Street.

I think it's wishful thinking to believe that someone not in the top 3-4 are suddenly going to emerge as the front-runner and win the nomination. We're less than a month away from the first primary races. Nothing has diminished his numbers so far and the only candidates who seem to be registering anything close are Cruz and mayyyybe Rubio. Even if all other candidates dropped out, I don't think Rubio can grab enough of their support to overtake Trump. Cruz could. I really do think by Super Tuesday it's going to be a 4-man race... Trump, Cruz, Rubio and Bush... Rubio and Bush will split the Establishment vote and that will leave Trump and Cruz to fight over the conservative vote. I think Cruz ultimately wins.

I agree with everything you said except the donations. Maybe if the Virginia election was a decade ago I could excuse it but it was 2013 and McAuliffe became governor in January 2014. No conservative would have voted or donated to McAuliffe. The man is an Obama clone.

But other than that I believe you're spot on.

"This has nothing to do with anything the liberals or establishment GOP has hurled at him."

Which is strange given the fact that both haven't 'hurled' anything but facts and the truth, Trump's own words, his own ignorance, hate, and bigotry.

Complete unadulterated bullshit. You're losing any credibility you have left
i cant wait for pussy jones to reply to that.....

Many valid points, there, Boss. I have been looking at other candidates with some of the more prominent policies of Trump. but haven't found one. My big problem is he is so unpresidential. Being "presidential" doesn't mean that he is in bed with lobbyists or fund raisers, but you have to have a filter when you speak to be diplomatic. When talking with other heads of state, I don't want him to call them idiots if he disagrees with them.

By the same token he has had dealings with prominent people and has been successful, so. I am not sure.

I do know, if it comes to Hillary (or Bernie) vs. Trump. I will say a prayer and vote for Trump. I thought others met my needs before Trump, but their policies on immigration, PC, a wall in the southern border as well as making new trade deals demonstrated a lack of commitment to the issues I felt were important.
He doesn't need to be presidential. He needs to be a man of moral backbone. He needs to be trustworthy. He needs to be honest. He needs to do what he says he is going to do. Being presidential is just some nonsensical term made up to disqualify people you disagree with. This obsession with the race being a personality contest needs to end.

Many valid points, there, Boss. I have been looking at other candidates with some of the more prominent policies of Trump. but haven't found one. My big problem is he is so unpresidential. Being "presidential" doesn't mean that he is in bed with lobbyists or fund raisers, but you have to have a filter when you speak to be diplomatic. When talking with other heads of state, I don't want him to call them idiots if he disagrees with them.

By the same token he has had dealings with prominent people and has been successful, so. I am not sure.

I do know, if it comes to Hillary (or Bernie) vs. Trump. I will say a prayer and vote for Trump. I thought others met my needs before Trump, but their policies on immigration, PC, a wall in the southern border as well as making new trade deals demonstrated a lack of commitment to the issues I felt were important.
He doesn't need to be presidential. He needs to be a man of moral backbone. He needs to be trustworthy. He needs to be honest. He needs to do what he says he is going to do. Being presidential is just some nonsensical term made up to disqualify people you disagree with. This obsession with the race being a personality contest needs to end.
I think it would help if he stopped calling people idiots, how sections if this population absolutely "love" him, and name dropping to say they are "good guys" because they have pampered him.

When you think about it, it really does come to a personality contest. Look at Hillary and her lying about serious things to the mundane. She just can't help herself. Seldom does she do anything "for the country," rather than for her own wide appeal...even changing her dialect to sound southern to southern audiences. She is just about as self centered as Trump. Actually, personality counts.

I think it would help if he stopped calling people idiots, how sections if this population absolutely "love" him, and name dropping to say they are "good guys" because they have pampered him.

When you think about it, it really does come to a personality contest. Look at Hillary and her lying about serious things to the mundane. She just can't help herself. Seldom does she do anything "for the country," rather than for her own wide appeal...even changing her dialect to sound southern to southern audiences. She is just about as self centered as Trump. Actually, personality counts.
At least half of the voter base is completely ignorant of the issues that matter. Trump is right so why complain about his honesty?

"I'm starting to sour on Trump"

And of course you're not alone.

Indeed, we'll see the process continue as the actual primaries begin – sober, everyday, rank and file republicans of good faith who know Trump is wrong on the issues, that Trump is a liar with contempt for sound, responsible governance, and in fact not a serious candidate, who as nominee would clearly lose the GE.

At least half of the voter base is completely ignorant of the issues that matter. Trump is right so why complain about his honesty?
We have had an embarrassingly dishonest broker in the WH for two administrations now, both Obama. I want a leader who values the truth and is competent, This isn't pertinent, but Romney was such a person.

"I'm starting to sour on Trump"

And of course you're not alone.

Indeed, we'll see the process continue as the actual primaries begin – sober, everyday, rank and file republicans of good faith who know Trump is wrong on the issues, that Trump is a liar with contempt for sound, responsible governance, and in fact not a serious candidate, who as nominee would clearly lose the GE.
No, I believe you are wrong about some of which you say. He is right on the issues. That's the problem and why if it came to him vs. Hillary, he would get my vote. He has proven to be successful and could negotiate so much better than Hillary who demonstrated nothing but incompetence during her political history.

Trump exaggerates to pad his ego and that is common. He would get my vote without question if he exercised a filter on what he says about himself and others.

I read somewhere how this is Trump actually helping Cruz. because he knows the left/democrats are going to pounce on his eligibility to run. so it's bring out it now instead of waiting for them to do it. and they believe Trump and Cruz are actually friends or at least friendly. I thought that's possible.

It wasn't Trump that brought up the eligibility thing. It was a reporter asking Trump about the eligibility thing. Trump's answer was that Cruz needs to clear it up before the general election. It really looks like Cruz and Trump are working together. I expect them to be the ticket.

"I'm starting to sour on Trump:

This will also happen to Cruz and Carson – indeed, Carson is in essence done; no one should be surprised if the likes of Rubio, Christie, or even Bush end up the GOP nominee this year.

I love the way he stomps on the Leftard media, but he is not Presidential material.
i agree....i wont even consider the guy...besides that i will not vote for a 70 year old for the most stressful job in the country....
So that leaves the more unpopular candidates...
----------------------------- and the unpopular candidates are all rinos so might as well vote for the democrat if one of the rinos is the nominee , imo !!

Trump isn't presidential. He's dictatorial.

Trump isn't presidential. He's dictatorial.
Nonsense. That is Obama.

Forum List

Back