I'm New Too

Enlighten us.

It’s all right here:

Declaration and Manifesto of Occupy Wall Street Movement
"As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.
"As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power.
"We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.
• They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
• They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
• They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
• They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
• They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
• They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
• They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
• They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
• They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
• They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
• They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
• They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
• They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
• They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
• They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
• They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
• They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
• They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
• They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
• They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
• They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.*
"To the people of the world,
"We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.
"Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.
"To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.
"Join us and make your voices heard!"
*NOTE - These grievances are not all-inclusive.
This has been their general doctrine since September 30, 2011. It has been publicized regularly since then, but only on the internet, because the corporate-owned media, liberal or conservative, won’t report it.

This is a list of grievances, not a unified message as to what you support or suggest as an alternative. We understand the occupy crowd was a group very capable of whining. What we're asking is "What do you propose to do about it?"...other than shitting on people's cars that is.

well, you can begin by working on legislation to make for a 30 work week, strengthen unions, or at least repeal the legislation that impedes the right to orgaanise, and refuse to allow foreign goods manufactured in countries that don't have minimum humane labour practices.

you can also work on educating people a bit on economics and as to who wins when workers are forced to compete against each other.

no one said it was going to be easy.

It’s all right here:

This has been their general doctrine since September 30, 2011. It has been publicized regularly since then, but only on the internet, because the corporate-owned media, liberal or conservative, won’t report it.

This is a list of grievances, not a unified message as to what you support or suggest as an alternative. We understand the occupy crowd was a group very capable of whining. What we're asking is "What do you propose to do about it?"...other than shitting on people's cars that is.

well, you can begin by working on legislation to make for a 30 work week, strengthen unions, or at least repeal the legislation that impedes the right to orgaanise, and refuse to allow foreign goods manufactured in countries that don't have minimum humane labour practices.

you can also work on educating people a bit on economics and as to who wins when workers are forced to compete against each other.

Or smart. Those are just about the dumbest ideas I've heard. Work less? That'll be GREAT for US productivity and competitiveness in international markets. More unions? Wonderful idea...if you want more jobs shipped overseas. And who exactly gets to determine "minimum humane labour practices"? Consumers or some central planner that's just sure he knows what's best for everyone else? Then it sounds like you want to outlaw competition! What kind of Marxist nonsense are you spewing here?

It sits just fine, can you tell us why you are a member of the Occupy Movement.
You’ll get a lot of different answers from different people with this question. For me, it’s mostly about getting Congress to rein in the out of control greed on Wall Street, reinstating the Glass-Steigall Act, getting the Citizens United decision reversed, an eliminating Wall Street and corporate control of Congress (specifically, lobbyists and SuperPacs). The last one would probably have to come first.
My answer to the first quoted question in this post is a start. In addition to those things, I would also like to see the Federal Reserve abolished and the power to coin money returned to the Congress, which is where the Constitution says it should be.

As for your “shitting on cars” comment, I have to say, I’ve never heard of anyone doing that. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone has done it, but even if they did, that kind of behavior isn’t widespread in the movement, nor is it condoned by the vast majority of OWS members. Other than that, what can I say? There’s always going to be an asshole or two wherever you go.

It’s all right here:

Judging from your post, I concur that educating people on economics would be a good thing, because the rest of what you wrote equates to economic suicide.

Judging from your post, I concur that educating people on economics would be a good thing, because the rest of what you wrote equates to economic suicide.

fine, increase the work week, eliminate minimum wage laws, increase the unemployment. that'll work. i have no problem depending on the generosity of the ultra-rich.

hell, if we really want to increase productivity, open our borders to immigrant workers who will work for really low wages.

it is really easy to just say "economic suicide" and dismiss what i say...so fuck you.

what i wrote equates to full employment and less welfare.

Last edited:

fine, increase the work week, eliminate minimum wage laws, increase the unemployment. that'll work. i have no problem depending on the generosity of the ultra-rich.

hell, if we really want to increase productivity, open our borders to immigrant workers who will work for really low wages.

it is really easy to just say "economic suicide" and dismiss what i say...so fuck you.

Depending on the generosity of the ultra-rich? You want to work less, and get paid more... A mediocre minimum wage job, is still a mediocre minimum wage job... You want to Unionize McDonalds and pay ten dollars for a cheeseburger then wonder why it's unsustainable. If you don't like the current wages free enterprise dictates, get a fucking education, and go for something better... Until then, keep your filthy hands out of the rest of our wallets, and stop acting like people who worked hard and made a success for themselves owe you something. In Obama's case he was absolutely right, you didn't build that, someone else did... So what makes you think you are entitled to benefit from the hard work of others? Fuck you indeed.

Depending on the generosity of the ultra-rich? You want to work less, and get paid more... A mediocre minimum wage job, is still a mediocre minimum wage job... You want to Unionize McDonalds and pay ten dollars for a cheeseburger then wonder why it's unsustainable. If you don't like the current wages free enterprise dictates, get a fucking education, and go for something better... Until then, keep your filthy hands out of the rest of our wallets, and stop acting like people who worked hard and made a success for themselves owe you something. In Obama's case he was absolutely right, you didn't build that, someone else did... So what makes you think you are entitled to benefit from the hard work of others? Fuck you indeed.

lol...i worked hard. dropped out of grad school a long time ago to get a good teamster job lifting heavy objects. a strong back is a horrible thing to waste, ya know. was makin' bookoo bucks, $20/hr when min was 2.25, and made some very, very wise investments...some very very wise investments. seems i have a knack for art appreciation, so i was able to retire at 50...i liked lifting things, really, so i stayed for the pension and caddy benefit plan...so no one owes me a dime, well...they do owe me, social security and all that, investments, pension.

i'm just not all that greedy. were i, i would kick back and laugh at all you clowns knocking each other out working two obs trying to compete with some 12 y.o kid in pakistan selling your kids nike shoes at $250 a pop.

forgive me for looking out for the other guy. as for your wallet and my hands, don't even worry about it. like i said, i do heavy lifting and your wallet just doesn't qualify. now toddle on off and buy a lot of cheap crap made in china so you can have enough to buy your kids clothes and still pay taxes to feed your unemployed neighbour...and yes, and fuck you.

Last edited:
As I've already noted in my profile, I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I have conservative views on some issues and liberal views on other issues. I am a member of the Occupy movement, but judging from what I've seen on these boards so far, that probably won't sit well with most of you. In any case, I'm looking forward to some stimulating debates. :eusa_shifty:
Hi Henry and welcome to USMB...

Just curious, how long did you have to go without bathing before the Occupy Movement accepted you into their ranks?

Just curious, how long did you have to go without bathing before the Occupy Movement accepted you into their ranks?

Awesome, another person who hasn't bothered to actually find out anything about the Occupy movement. As it happens, the local contingent of the Occupy movement here in Tacoma is made up of a mixture of college kids and middle class types who, as far as I can tell, bathe on a regular basis. Also, just for your edification: the college kids work hard at getting good grades and those who are older and no longer in college tend to have jobs. In fact, working around school and work schedules is a regular hindrance to organizing our activities. But thanks for your snide and uninformed remarks. :bye1:

Forum List

Back