I'm Ashamed Of My Home State

People who believe there's some invisible man in the sky who is almighty and able to control everything....including the weather and natural disasters should really take their case to the mental institutions. That doesn't even mention the fact that most of them think they have a front seat with him AFTER THEY DIE ROTFLMAO!
I'd rather believe in the invisible man in the sky than my G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Great grand daddy was a fucking MONKEY. There's more proof of God than the theory of evolution.

You're the delusional mutton head.

Idiot.

You should be ashamed of yourself, not Tennessee.

There is no proof of ancient Jewish religion and there are fossils laying everywhere which prove evolution. The bible says the earth is about 6000 years old and they've found an African woman's skeleton which is over a million years old. Why can't you brainwashed people see anything outside your Sunday school class

Yeah Yeah I know....about 6000 years ago two naked teen agers in a garden with a snake and an apple determined the eternal fate of the human race ROTFLMAO!!!!
We need a little "Jack And The Beanstalk" along to coincide with the fables in the bible.

Your whole argument it based on the fossil record? But what about the other possibility? Could it be that a life form from a distant planet landed here and colonized the earth? How do you know that didn't happen? How do you know that's not where the garden story came from. Kinda makes sense if you think about it. There is also a theory that when Adam and Eve arrived there were already humanoids living here. That the Jewish race is actually the progeny of aliens who mixed with the locals. This could account for the 6000 year ago belief. There is also another theory that puts forward Hybridization between Aliens and Apes to create a being that could comfortably live here but with higher intelligence IE. Man. That might account for the creation story. The Point being that nobody knows for sure and that other Idea's should be introduced not just Darwin's theory because it might not be the whole story or it might be plain wrong. When we close off the possibilities we become as bad as the people who didn't want to admit the earth was round because all they could see was flat.

People who believe there's some invisible man in the sky who is almighty and able to control everything....including the weather and natural disasters should really take their case to the mental institutions. That doesn't even mention the fact that most of them think they have a front seat with him AFTER THEY DIE ROTFLMAO!
I'd rather believe in the invisible man in the sky than my G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Great grand daddy was a fucking MONKEY. There's more proof of God than the theory of evolution.

You're the delusional mutton head.

Idiot.

You should be ashamed of yourself, not Tennessee.

There's proof of God?

How can you prove something exists if you can't even define what it is?

People for years couldn't prove radio waves,ultra violet and a million other things you can't see exsisted and yet all those things did exsist. We can't say it does exsist, but we can't say it doesn't either because we just don't know. God is the same way. Just because we don't have the method or intelligence to prove something exsists doesn't mean it's not there. That's where Atheists got it wrong.

Evolution is a Fact
God is a Theory

So why don't they call it the fact of evolution instead of the theory of evolution? Hmmmm this is like who's buried in Grants tomb. Oh I know,it's because it's a theory not a fact. The left preaches it as fact but there are Many theories on how we got here. Evolution,Creationism and Alien Seeding/coloization are just a few. So who gets to pick which one is right? Teach it all or don't teach any of it.

Because you have obviously never taken many science classes.

I do agree "teach it all", in a Philosophy or Comparative Religion or a Humanities classroom. Never in a science classroom.

How do you know it that was the way man was created? Were you there? Because a chain of proof in science is set up how do you know the conclusions are right? How do you know the fossils aren't of seperate species totally unrelated even though they are very simular genetic makeup. You don't and neither does science hence the word theory.

Flat earth looked like fact: completely wrong
Earth is center of the universe: Completely wrong
Sun travels around the Earth: completely wrong
celestial spheres: completely wrong
coelacanth extinct: completely wrong
Pluto a planet? It should still be damn it!

Even the best minds of the time can be wrong so leave room for improvement.

Last edited:
Evolution is a Fact
God is a Theory

So why don't they call it the fact of evolution instead of the theory of evolution? Hmmmm this is like who's buried in Grants tomb. Oh I know,it's because it's a theory not a fact. The left preaches it as fact but there are Many theories on how we got here. Evolution,Creationism and Alien Seeding/coloization are just a few. So who gets to pick which one is right? Teach it all or don't teach any of it.

The reality that evolution occurs is a fact. How it occurs, why it occurs and what triggers it are theories.

Gravity is also a theory. Do you want to teach that things fall to earth because god wants them to?

Because you have obviously never taken many science classes.

I do agree "teach it all", in a Philosophy or Comparative Religion or a Humanities classroom. Never in a science classroom.

How do you know it that was the way man was created? Were you there? Because a chain of proof in science is set up how do you know the conclusions are right? How do you know the fossils aren't of seperate species totally unrelated even though they are very simular genetic makeup. You don't and neither does science hence the word theory.

Flat earth looked like fact: completely wrong
Earth is center of the universe: Completely wrong
Sun travels around the Earth: completely wrong
celestial spheres: completely wrong
coelacanth extinct: completely wrong
Pluto a planet? It should still be damn it!

Even the best minds of the time can be wrong so leave room for improvement.

That is what the scientific method is all about. Anyone who doubts evolution as a scientific fact permits pre-suppositions that restrict the ability to critically reason.

Evolution is a Fact
God is a Theory

The reality that evolution occurs is a fact. How it occurs, why it occurs and what triggers it are theories.

Gravity is also a theory. Do you want to teach that things fall to earth because god wants them to?

You, of course, don't even understand what you just said.

You, of course, don't even understand what you just said.

Of course I do

Nope.....this is a time for the brave of heart and intelligent among us to stand up. And I will.

To quote Dr. Einstein:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."

So, this bill would allow children to question dogma like Global Warming?

I can see where you of the left would be outraged.

Heretics MUST be burned.

To question and criticize an idea is the first step before understanding and accepting.

Therefore, I am in support of this bill. Let the student question! Let the students develop their own unique perspectives of the world. This is not an affront to science, it is an affront to dogmatism.

Death to Dogmatism!

Let's see, you were probably around when Al Gore's father, senator Gore, preached segregation but apparently you approved. Now you are outraged that kids will be able to question a simple concept in school.

No person who can critically think opposes such discussion in the proper venue.

That venue is not the science classroom.

No person who can critically think opposes such discussion in the proper venue.

That venue is not the science classroom.

But it allows for the questioning of theories by students.

In Grad school, you have a tendency to question some very accepted concepts and sometimes create strange models that challenges the prevaling notion as being always applicable.

Learning to question and criticize encourages creative thinking. Too bad that Tenn does not take a more radical role and introduce Philosophy classes from 5 thru 12.

In fact, you can offer philosophy courses as electives that are tied to a subject matter as a point of view...

Science and Philosophy
Literature and Philosophy
Social studies and Philosophy
Applied Mathematics and Philosophy
etc.. and of course general philosophy which I think should be taught as early as possible.

Perhaps if you want a "Philosophy of Science" class, in which uncritical theories such as ID and Creationism are mentioned, sure.

But not in the science classroom. Why? The proof systems are different.

Perhaps if you want a "Philosophy of Science" class, in which uncritical theories such as ID and Creationism are mentioned, sure.

But not in the science classroom. Why? The proof systems are different.

Nope--that would be a Theology and Philosophy course!!

To talk philosophy using accepted science and questions that arises from them would be a science and phiosophy course.

Then simply "Comparative Religious Theories" in the Liberal Arts.

Never in the science classroom, because the proof systems are different.

I am not saying that the Science and philosophy course would be the science course.

I am saying introduce philosophy as part of the educational curriculum, and offer philosophy courses with the subject matter as a view point. Not the same thing

I understand the "Philosophy of . . ." component to a course.

Our high school teachers do that in all of the classes at the beginning of the year in every course.

Did the HPE guys and gals freak when they had to design a lesson plan of 30 minutes on the "Philosophy of" for their classes? You bet. :lol:

So Fakey Jake; if a high school student is listening to a sermon in class on the "settled science" of Anthropogenic Global Warming, and questions why Michael Mann and Phil Jones faked results and attacked dissent by demanding that no review be done by any publications that were not "on board;" should the vile miscreant be expelled, or arrested (to be burned at a later time?)

Real science is never questioning dogma. "Settled Science" means that heresy is not allowed.

{This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal.} - His Holyness, The Most Reverend Cardinal Phil Jones, CRU

Last edited:

Forum List

Back