I'm Ashamed Of My Home State

Last edited:
Who is muttering that evolution is not a scientific fact.

Who says that is the person who does not understand the scientific method and systems of proof.

I've lived in Tennessee over 77 years(military time excluded) and now the goddam backward bunch in the state house have proven what a bunch of neanderthals they really are:

Bill Haslam, Tennessee Governor, Will 'Probably' Sign Evolution Bill

From your link:

...a bill meant to protect teachers who allow students to question and criticize "controversial" scientific theories

Should science not constantly be questioned if it is to progress? You understand science once thought the earth was the center of the universe? Good thing students questioned that. I can't imagine why anyone would need to be protected from allowing their students to criticize any current teachings. Is that not the basis of new discoveries?

Ah well, just another consequence of government run education, the REAL killer of learning.

In a class involved in philosophical theory or in an humanities class room or in a comparative religions class room.

Never in the science classroom, never.

A reasonable requirement for your child's education. Now if you could just have some choice, it wouldn't be difficult to find a school that teaches in just that manner. Too bad neither of us have a choice, which is always the case with government monopolies...unless of course you're rich and can afford a private education.

My point is that none of this bullshit would matter if government weren't RUNNING the entire education system, soup to nuts...or as I like to say, from what's in the text books to how many tater tots they serve at lunch.

The business of education will continue to suffer with costs skyrocketing and results faltering as we suffer distractions like this unless competition is introduced. That will never happen with the central planners in charge.

We have had public ed for more than a 120 years, and it will continue.

Private ed would be an even greater disaster because it would have to educate everyone without exception and could not make a profit. And if you want to exclude certain student populations, why, you have that already.

Private ed would be an even greater disaster because it would have to educate everyone without exception and could not make a profit. And if you want to exclude certain student populations, why, you have that already.

Disagree. Competition striving for profit would drive prices down as is always the case with free markets. If we "have to educate everyone", then there is a case for helping the poor to pay for education. That's a completely different kettle of fish than looking to government to RUN education. Let free markets provide for the business of education, help out the poor with those expenses, and watch costs drop, results improve and creativity and ingenuity in education flourish...and there would be no populations excluded, which you correctly state is the case today. The status quo is not working.

Then gather your buddies and start a revolution, or something

People who believe there's some invisible man in the sky who is almighty and able to control everything....including the weather and natural disasters should really take their case to the mental institutions. That doesn't even mention the fact that most of them think they have a front seat with him AFTER THEY DIE ROTFLMAO!
I'd rather believe in the invisible man in the sky than my G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Great grand daddy was a fucking MONKEY. There's more proof of God than the theory of evolution.

You're the delusional mutton head.

Idiot.

You should be ashamed of yourself, not Tennessee.

There's proof of God?

How can you prove something exists if you can't even define what it is?

Disagree. Competition striving for profit would drive prices down as is always the case with free markets. If we "have to educate everyone", then there is a case for helping the poor to pay for education. That's a completely different kettle of fish than looking to government to RUN education. Let free markets provide for the business of education, help out the poor with those expenses, and watch costs drop, results improve and creativity and ingenuity in education flourish...and there would be no populations excluded, which you correctly state is the case today. The status quo is not working.

History confounds you when dealing with government services that have been privatized.

Show me where subsidized elder care, foster care, outpatient mental health care, and prison care are signficantly lower today compare to thirty years ago?

To the contrary, the costs are the same, private industry is richer, the service is atrocious, and the taxpayers are still on the hook.

Nope.....this is a time for the brave of heart and intelligent among us to stand up. And I will.

To quote Dr. Einstein:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."

Then gather your buddies and start a revolution, or something

People who believe there's some invisible man in the sky who is almighty and able to control everything....including the weather and natural disasters should really take their case to the mental institutions. That doesn't even mention the fact that most of them think they have a front seat with him AFTER THEY DIE ROTFLMAO!
Don't know when you are stupid and when to give up do you? Let me help you, you are STUPID and you need to give up.

God is the theory
Wrong. Stupid is when you call the THEORY of evolution fact, it is not fact. Get a brain fool.

The fact that evolution occurs is proven. It is supported by fossil records, geologic strata and DNA evidence

The belief in God is a poorly supported THEORY based on faith
Fossil evidence does not support the theory that man evolved from a single cell, a monkey, or from some other source they find to support their lies. I do not have to prove God exists, that is already evident in his creation, LIFE. Faith is believing in something that you can not see.

Wrong. Stupid is when you call the THEORY of evolution fact, it is not fact. Get a brain fool.

The fact that evolution occurs is proven. It is supported by fossil records, geologic strata and DNA evidence

Fossil evidence does not support the theory that man evolved from a single cell, a monkey, or from some other source they find to support their lies. I do not have to prove God exists, that is already evident in his creation, LIFE. Faith is believing in something that you can not see.

That is where geologic strata comes in to play. As you get lower in the rock strata, the organisms get less complex. To a point where levels of strata contain only single cell organisms. For your information, there are no human bones mixed in with those single cells which disproves your Genesis

If you want god to be covered as a scientific theory, yes, you do have to prove he exists. Faith is not a scientific concept

That is where geologic strata comes in to play. As you get lower in the rock strata, the organisms get less complex. To a point where levels of strata contain only single cell organisms. For your information, there are no human bones mixed in with those single cells which disproves your Genesis

If you want god to be covered as a scientific theory, yes, you do have to prove he exists. Faith is not a scientific concept
God is not a scientific theory, nor do I want him to be. Scientists are always trying to disprove God, they can't, no better than they have proven evolution. You are right, faith is not a scientific concept, than God.I would rather believe God than what scientists tell me.

God is not a scientific theory, nor do I want him to be. Scientists are always trying to disprove God, they can't, no better than they have proven evolution. You are right, faith is not a scientific concept, than God.I would rather believe God than what scientists tell me.

Are you afraid of scientists?

Anyone who can't accept that both God and evolution exist have mental or emotional issues.

Last edited:

you go ahead and keep disbelieving heliocentrism, Copernicus.

:rofl:

Show me where subsidized elder care, foster care, outpatient mental health care, and prison care are signficantly lower today compare to thirty years ago?

You wouldn't deny that competition is required to drive down prices, correct? In other words, monopolies are not where we find downward pressure on costs. Can I assume you would agree with that basic premise?

Regarding the examples you've listed, I would argue that none of those represent situations in which a government run monopoly existed, which was later turned over to a free market. Unfortunately, such changes are exceedingly rare, but I can point to the airline industry. After we deregulated, prices dropped and choices exploded as competition took hold.

I'm sure we both want the same thing for education. Would you agree the status quo is seriously in need of reform? If so, what would you recommend in lieu of competition and choice?

Well why don't you explain it to me.

Evolution never said we evolved from monkeys
So the evolution liars have been teaching that for years are either lying or you are. Both of you are liars.

You want to read some real lies:

For a thousand years the church required infant baptism. When people began to doubt that an infant might burn in eternal hell fire the church dropped the requirement. The scripture is still there

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and burned witches at the stake. When people discovered that there is no such thing as a witch they shut up about it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery. When the slaves were freed and civil rights laws were written they stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church condoned and preached about women being submissive to men. When women began to vote and show up in the workplace the church began to tone down it's rhetoric. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church condemned homosexuality but now some have not only accepted Gays into their congregations some Gays are pastoring or ministering chuches. The scripture is still there.

After billions of hell fire and damnation sermons when many began to doubt a soul burning eternally, ordered by the loving, caring god as punishment for his own creatures.....the church has begun to distance itself from the flames by saying all of it was errors in translation. The scripture is still there.

You wouldn't deny that competition is required to drive down prices, correct? In other words, monopolies are not where we find downward pressure on costs. Can I assume you would agree with that basic premise?

Regarding the examples you've listed, I would argue that none of those represent situations in which a government run monopoly existed, which was later turned over to a free market. Unfortunately, such changes are exceedingly rare, but I can point to the airline industry. After we deregulated, prices dropped and choices exploded as competition took hold.

I'm sure we both want the same thing for education. Would you agree the status quo is seriously in need of reform? If so, what would you recommend in lieu of competition and choice?

You cut my quote, in other words, to ignore the fact the costs are generally the same to the taxpayer but that the corporations are making the money at the expense of the target populations?

The four areas I listed have been heavily privatized in the last thirty years, to the detriment of the target populations and the taxpayers still pay as much. Only the corporations have benefited.

Evolution is a Fact
God is a Theory

So why don't they call it the fact of evolution instead of the theory of evolution? Hmmmm this is like who's buried in Grants tomb. Oh I know,it's because it's a theory not a fact. The left preaches it as fact but there are Many theories on how we got here. Evolution,Creationism and Alien Seeding/coloization are just a few. So who gets to pick which one is right? Teach it all or don't teach any of it.

Evolution is a Fact
God is a Theory

So why don't they call it the fact of evolution instead of the theory of evolution? Hmmmm this is like who's buried in Grants tomb. Oh I know,it's because it's a theory not a fact. The left preaches it as fact but there are Many theories on how we got here. Evolution,Creationism and Alien Seeding/coloization are just a few. So who gets to pick which one is right? Teach it all or don't teach any of it.

Because you have obviously never taken many science classes.

I do agree "teach it all", in a Philosophy or Comparative Religion or a Humanities classroom. Never in a science classroom.

Forum List

Back