If You Wonder Why The Country Is Divided

Right, The debt just disappears, like it never existed. You're either fantastically stupid or being intentionally dishonest about this. Either way if you're not willing to have a discussion of what's actually happening then there's no reason to discuss it.
Of course I’m willing to have a conversation and I’m being entirely polite and honest about it. You simply dont see things from other people’s perspective. No need to resort to silly name calling.

For student loans, the government is the lender and reducing student loans is no different than reducing debt for a bank loan.

Are you paying those student loans? Not anymore than a shareholder is paying the reduced debt for a private lender.

Of course I’m willing to have a conversation and I’m being entirely polite and honest about it. You simply dont see things from other people’s perspective. No need to resort to silly name calling.

For student loans, the government is the lender and reducing student loans is no different than reducing debt for a bank loan.

Are you paying those student loans? Not anymore than a shareholder is paying the reduced debt for a private lender.
It's not a matter of perspective. I'm sure the people who are having their debt transferred to someone else love the idea. But you dont want to discuss what is practically happening. You want to act like the debt just disappears, it doesnt. It still has to be paid it's a matter of who pays it. IMO the person who takes out the debt should pay it. You think someone else should pay it, and oddly just this debt, and not others, unless you're about to tell me the Government should pay off everyone's debt as well not just their student debt. If that's the Government plan I need to go on a spending spree and put it all on credit.

It's not a matter of perspective. I'm sure the people who are having their debt transferred to someone else love the idea. But you dont want to discuss what is practically happening. You want to act like the debt just disappears, it doesnt. It still has to be paid it's a matter of who pays it. IMO the person who takes out the debt should pay it. You think someone else should pay it, and oddly just this debt, and not others, unless you're about to tell me the Government should pay off everyone's debt as well not just their student debt. If that's the Government plan I need to go on a spending spree and put it all on credit.
I really don’t understand what you think is happening.

Debts can disappear. Happens all the time. Who do you think the debt is being transferred to? It’s not you or me. We have no more debt as a result of this.

Debts can disappear. Happens all the time. Who do you think the debt is being transferred to? It’s not you or me. We have no more debt as a result of this.
We should reduce current student loans available by the same amount of debt being forgiven by biden

We should reduce current student loans available by the same amount of debt being forgiven by biden
Call your member of Congress and tell them to pass legislation to do so.

The current student loan reductions are based on income based repayment plans which wipe the remainder of the balance after making a certain number of payments, and also student loans that are wiped after serving in a public position for a certain number of years. Both programs were passed by Congress but essentially ignored and all but defunct under the previous administration.

The Statue of Liberty poem is fine, but when they come, they must come legally, and assimilate…Trying to erase our borders with floods of illegal entries, with little to no background checks is a recipe for catastrophe…

I’ll check it out at some point…

This could be a thread in itself, maybe I’ll start one later…
Do. The obligation of the new citizen to "assimilate" and the duty of the legacy citizen to accept the new citizen's right should be addressed.

Better yet, abolish the Federal Student Aid program altogether.

You know who should be making these loans anyway? The Universities themselves.

Harvard alone has over a $50 BILLION dollar endowment. Even Michigan has a $17 BILLION dollar endowment.

Let them take the risks. They're the ones gouging their students while paying useless, and seriously STUPID perfessors 7 Figure Salaries.

Academia in this Country is no longer about education, it has become a politically involved Con Game.

I know exactly what is happening. The US Government took out loans in order to give these people loans for college. You want to now "forgive" those loans but the loans the government took out to make the loans in the first place isnt going away and will have to be paid back. Im very confused about where you think the US Government got the money to give to the people that took out the loans. Magic? Unicorn farts?

I know exactly what is happening. The US Government took out loans in order to give these people loans for college. You want to now "forgive" those loans but the loans the government took out to make the loans in the first place isnt going away and will have to be paid back. Im very confused about where you think the US Government got the money to give to the people that took out the loans. Magic? Unicorn farts?
So it’s not really transferring the loan since the government already took the loans out (I assume you’re referring to treasuries, which is at best half true). There’s no new debt for the government.

It’s no different than a bank. They have to get the money to make a loan from somewhere too.

So it’s not really transferring the loan since the government already took the loans out (I assume you’re referring to treasuries, which is at best half true). There’s no new debt for the government.

Except now the "tax" levied to pay for that loan is being transferred to the group who didn't benefit. Not sure why this so hard to grasp.

It’s no different than a bank. They have to get the money to make a loan from somewhere too.
Except the bank actually makes money and when it forgives or renegotiates a loan they have to pay for it. When the Government does it we have to pay for it.

Can you give me a cogent answer as to why these people SHOULDNT have to pay for these loans? Were they defrauded by the Government when they took the loans? Were they not of sound mind when they did it? Where they not of legal age when they entered into the contract? Were they forced against their will to sign for the loan? Because it would be better for them doesn't qualify. You could say that about any loan.

The left are morons when it comes to money, that's why so many are on the government dole.
The Nobility With No Ability

The Preppy Progressives never had to pay anything with their own money; it's always been Daddy's Money. That goes for the Rightist Richkids, too. So, whether they are Campus Commie Scum or Freeloading Fratboys, they all must be sent back to the crumbling castles of Europe where they belong.

Kids from "fairly well off families" don't get federally guaranteed student loans. Those are for kids whose parents can't afford to send them.
College Must Not Become a Choice; the Student Has to Be Chosen

What a ridiculous talent-insulting system. Apply the same to college sports, where "scholarships" are not based on family income, and you mind-slaves might wake up to what a joke the ruling class's college plantation is.

My neighbor's son is a smart kid. He did well in school. During the summers in high school and on the weekends he worked with uncle that had a plumbing business.

After graduating from high school he decided that he would rather be a plumber than go to college. Nowadays he is making a six figure a year income. Loves his job. One of these days will probably take over the business from his uncle and make real good money then.

Why should his tax money be used to pay for a worthless degree for somebody else?

I paid my own way through college. Why should my money be stolen by me by the government to pay for a worthless degree for somebody else?
My son has a worthless degree that he still owes $35,000 for. Partly his fault as he didn't research the thing very well. Very few openings, he'd have to relocate, to earn mediocre pay.

If the degree is worthless to you because you can't pay back the loan that you took out to get the degree why should I be forced to pay for it?

Forum List

Back