If you weren't a 'minority', gay or didn't need free shit would you still vote Democrat?

Let's be honest....most Democrats vote by default...they're .gov employees, they live an 'alternative' lifestyle, are very close to someone who does or they need lots of free shit to survive....If you couldn't group yourself within one of the aforementioned categories and had to vote on policy would you still vote Democrat?

I am not in any of your categories. Would I "still" vote for the Democrats. Absolutely. The republican party chose the gutter and refuses to discuss its policies openly. In remember when we had a two-party system, but the republicans chose to destroy it. No republican ever gives any good reason for voting for a republican on any issue. They are incapable of even intelligent discussion. Don't try to twist it and blame people like me for your own damned failings. Look in the mirror. I am not responsible for, or to you.

Let's be honest....most Democrats vote by default...they're .gov employees, they live an 'alternative' lifestyle, are very close to someone who does or they need lots of free shit to survive....If you couldn't group yourself within one of the aforementioned categories and had to vote on policy would you still vote Democrat?

I fit none of these catagories and I would expect I'd approach it like any other election. I would base my vote on if the candidates views and values aligned with my own..which is what any well educated voter would do.

I first voted in 1984. Voted for Reagan. But lost in the nostalgia and warm feelings of Morning In America was the fact that Reagan was the modern architect of tax cuts for the wealthy and deficit spending. Yes, presidents before him ran deficits, but Reagan took it to an art form.
Which President Rang Up the Highest Budget Deficit?
And policy for the Republican party started to take a back seat They used to be the party of the working class when my father and mother first got married and had their first batch of little ones (me included).

Democrats on the other hand have always been up front about spending money. They don't try and hide it. Raise taxes and spend money. At least they're trying to raise the money to cover their spending. :) Sure, they spend more than they take in and policy wise, their ideas may be pie in the sky...but at least they are fresh ideas...not the same old recycled bag of crap (trickle down economics, etc..) that Republicans and conservatives roll out year after year hoping that this time, they'll be successful.

But now, Republicans have become the party of Trump. Lost and awash in a sea of hatred of anything that doesn't look or believe what they believe. Starting with the Republican Revolution of 1994, running through impeaching a president about lying about a blow job in the oval office, to the GW years (Let's just abandon all appearance of being conservative), to the madness, hatred, and bile of the Tea Party movement during Obama's tenure. And topping it off with the cherry that is the grifting, lying, fraud of a New York liberal turned opportunist called Trump. Wow, how far Republicans have fallen. A bunch of spineless jellyfish devoid of honor, integrity, or credibility.

Voting on policy in the current crop of Republican vs Democrat candidates, it isn't even a contest. That's only because there are no real conservatives left. Just Republicans who claim to be conservative. I left the Republican party in 2000. Looking back, I am more certain than ever, I made the right decision.

I vote for whom I believe aligns with my beliefs and values. Then I look at the letter next to their name.

Good luck with your choice of candidates. Not much of a gene pool to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than what's on the other side of the aisle. Same old tired recycled policies that haven't worked for almost four decades now. And I'm not including Trump who wouldn't know a policy position if it ran up to him and bit him in the butt.

Really. Who’s your favorite of the geriatric hopefuls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the OP summed up the situation very succinctly.

The Democratic Party is considered, rightly or wrongly, as the champion of the oppressed.

Therefore, it is understandable that women, people of color, gays, and the poor might feel that their best chances lie with the Democrats.

Furthermore, many people who are not in those categories vote Democratic because they want to show their support for those groups.

Last edited:
Let's be honest....the racist whites that voted for trump did so because he promised them free shit.

In other words, if you’re a white, straight male, you don’t vote Democrat. Everyone else, is voting Democrat.

No one with half a brain votes Republican. Republican economic policies created this mess of an economy.
Wow, what a fucking liar you are, the economy has never been better.

So, in addition to being a baby killer, you're a liar too.

The stock market isn’t the economy, and the economy is in trouble. Exports are down, imports are up, and manufacturing jobs are still being off-shored.

Wages have not gone up. More than half of Americans say they are economically worse off. And the wealth gap between rich and poor is widening and that gap has accelerated under Trump.

The biggest sign that things aren’t that great is the number of opioid deaths, and gun suicides. These are diseases of despair. People who have given up hope.

PREACH!

Let's be honest....the racist whites that voted for trump did so because he promised them free shit.
Free stuff like the right to keep and bear arms?

yes

the right to a secure border?

Yes again

Jobs for Americans instead of chinese?

You betcha

Unless your an inbread stupid mother fucker or a one percenter you are not voting repug.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

yes

Yes again

You betcha
Since the border was secure, nobody was going to take your guns and Chinese were getting American jobs, the only reason you could have voted for trump was because you saw some free shit coming .

BrokeLoser
The Log Cabin Republicans are already proof there are gay people
who don't vote Democrat. The issue is conservative beliefs.
You either think that way or you don't.

Christians don't think like Atheists.
Atheists don't think like Christians.

Why do we insist on making people vote their representatives into office
before they can protect their beliefs and interest?

Does it take "majority rule" before Christians and Atheists have the right
to their beliefs? Why so with LGBT beliefs?

Maybe if we quit trying to disparage people for their beliefs, then neither
LGBT or Christian groups would feel so threatened as to have to LOBBY
govt to PROTECT their beliefs and right to expression from infringement.

Constantly ATTACKING people for their beliefs doesn't help.
It just makes matters worse. People on the defensive then go
on the ATTACK and lobby to abuse govt to defend beliefs which is unconstitutional.

Can we agree to stop this attack on people's beliefs?

In other words, if you’re a white, straight male, you don’t vote Democrat. Everyone else, is voting Democrat.

No one with half a brain votes Republican. Republican economic policies created this mess of an economy.
Uhhh.. Newsflash.

The economy is best in about 40 years.

Thanks for playing

yes

Yes again

You betcha
Since the border was secure, nobody was going to take your guns and Chinese were getting American jobs, the only reason you could have voted for trump was because you saw some free shit coming .
I have explained otherwise

but typically libs refuse to listen to reason

BrokeLoser

on the ATTACK and lobby to abuse govt to defend beliefs which is unconstitutional.

The problem is that evangelicals have been working relentlessly to have a theocracy based on their beliefs.

yes

Yes again

You betcha

That’s because what you’re saying isn’t true. You’re parroting Trumps lies.

The border is secure. No one is stealing your jobs. American corporations GAVE them away.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Depends on the candidate...

Would I vote for Bloomberg or Manchin?

In a heartbeat but I would never vote for Trump, Sanders, Warren or Biden and could not vote for Hillary either...

Why don't you disgusting faggots and filthy groids vote Republican?! It must be b/c we don't give you free shit.

:lol:

yes

Yes again

You betcha

Your explanation was wrong.

Free shit? Care to give us a few examples of what you mean?

I think that the OP summed up the situation very succinctly.

The Democratic Party is considered, rightly or wrongly, as the champion of the oppressed.

Therefore, it is understandable that women, people of color, gays, and the poor might feel that their best chances lie with the Democrats.

Furthermore, many people who are not in those categories vote Democratic because they want to show their support for those groups.

No, that's wrong. The Republicans just don't believe in special laws for special people. Republicans look at everybody as Americans.

Take hate crime laws for example. What is a hate crime? It's a crime committed against a likely member of the Democrat party. You very seldom if ever see it applied to straight white people.

What Democrats do is divide up Americans, then decide which group of Americans they like and which ones they hate. You know "the deplorables" comment by Hillary. They keep them divided with their rhetoric all the time, like the War on Women back in the Bush days.

Republicans philosophy is a rising tide lifts all boats. All minority groups are doing better than anytime in recorded history. Okay, so what did Trump do for minority groups? Nothing. That's the point. They were able to do it on their own thanks to the great economy we've had. That's in spite of Democrats convincing them for generations that they are helpless with out them.

BrokeLoser

Being gay isn't a belief.

Free shit? Care to give us a few examples of what you mean?

How about a wall that Mexico was going to pay for...

Trump plans to divert $7.2 billion from Pentagon for border wall construction: report

Way to "support those troops"!

Forum List

Back