If you weren't a 'minority', gay or didn't need free shit would you still vote Democrat?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BrokeLoser, Jan 18, 2020.

1. BrokeLoser

BrokeLoser Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,780
    Let's be honest....most Democrats vote by default...they're .gov employees, they live an 'alternative' lifestyle, are very close to someone who does or they need lots of free shit to survive....If you couldn't group yourself within one of the aforementioned categories and had to vote on policy would you still vote Democrat?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Norman

Norman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,601
    Even if I was in those categories I would not vote democrat.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,985
    i was a govt employee .....were was my free shit you speak of?....

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,525
    Most liberal Democrats vote for liberal Democrats because deep down inside, they're terrified of what their liberal Democrat friends and neighbors would think of them.

God forbid they be thought of as being "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", "Islamophobic", etc.

"Ohhh teh horrors...."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. BrokeLoser

BrokeLoser Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,780
    Are you implying that gov employees aren't programmed to vote Democrat?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. skye

skye Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,942

:04::04::04:~~~~~~~~~~~:2up: I agree

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,455
    In other words, if you’re a white, straight male, you don’t vote Democrat. Everyone else, is voting Democrat.

No one with half a brain votes Republican. Republican economic policies created this mess of an economy.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. JackOfNoTrades

JackOfNoTrades Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +298
    I fit none of these catagories and I would expect I'd approach it like any other election. I would base my vote on if the candidates views and values aligned with my own..which is what any well educated voter would do.

I first voted in 1984. Voted for Reagan. But lost in the nostalgia and warm feelings of Morning In America was the fact that Reagan was the modern architect of tax cuts for the wealthy and deficit spending. Yes, presidents before him ran deficits, but Reagan took it to an art form.
    Which President Rang Up the Highest Budget Deficit?
    And policy for the Republican party started to take a back seat They used to be the party of the working class when my father and mother first got married and had their first batch of little ones (me included).

Democrats on the other hand have always been up front about spending money. They don't try and hide it. Raise taxes and spend money. At least they're trying to raise the money to cover their spending. :) Sure, they spend more than they take in and policy wise, their ideas may be pie in the sky...but at least they are fresh ideas...not the same old recycled bag of crap (trickle down economics, etc..) that Republicans and conservatives roll out year after year hoping that this time, they'll be successful.

But now, Republicans have become the party of Trump. Lost and awash in a sea of hatred of anything that doesn't look or believe what they believe. Starting with the Republican Revolution of 1994, running through impeaching a president about lying about a blow job in the oval office, to the GW years (Let's just abandon all appearance of being conservative), to the madness, hatred, and bile of the Tea Party movement during Obama's tenure. And topping it off with the cherry that is the grifting, lying, fraud of a New York liberal turned opportunist called Trump. Wow, how far Republicans have fallen. A bunch of spineless jellyfish devoid of honor, integrity, or credibility.

Voting on policy in the current crop of Republican vs Democrat candidates, it isn't even a contest. That's only because there are no real conservatives left. Just Republicans who claim to be conservative. I left the Republican party in 2000. Looking back, I am more certain than ever, I made the right decision.

I vote for whom I believe aligns with my beliefs and values. Then I look at the letter next to their name.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,751
    Wow, what a fucking liar you are, the economy has never been better.

So, in addition to being a baby killer, you're a liar too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,455
    The stock market isn’t the economy, and the economy is in trouble. Exports are down, imports are up, and manufacturing jobs are still being off-shored.

Wages have not gone up. More than half of Americans say they are economically worse off. And the wealth gap between rich and poor is widening and that gap has accelerated under Trump.

The biggest sign that things aren’t that great is the number of opioid deaths, and gun suicides. These are diseases of despair. People who have given up hope.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2