If you weren't a 'minority', gay or didn't need free shit would you still vote Democrat?

Yes indeed, thank you President Trump.

Take a look at this graph and explain to me the effect Trump has had:

View attachment 301316

Trump’s plan to stem border crossings gets results

So what do we need a wall for again?

C'mon, are you that dense. How many cross the border that don't get caught?
Not as many as you think. The border patrol released estimates of that up until, I think, 2016 or so. The percentage of people that make it across has been falling considerably in the same time frame. Mostly because of a massive buildup of border patrol agents starting after 9/11 and continuing through the Obama presidency.
Dang, you are that dense.

I can't understand why anyone would vote for the modern day democrat. They have nothing to offer and just want to take things away.
Funny. I cannot imagine why someone would work with, work for, follow, or elect someone who has taken bankruptcy 6 times, cheated on 3 wives, paid hush money to whores he was cheating on his wife with, lied about even know them, lied about paying hush money to them, has been such a great businessman, planning to hire only the best people until the executive branch white house staffing looks like a revolving door, involving several people who went to jail or left, not wanting to go to jail. Except for having a good economy, he has not had a coherent policy about anything except "if it was done by previous administration I will veto it, withdraw from it, tear it down, promising to replace and mostly not replacing. When he could not get Mexico to pay for his wall, he decided we would pay for his wall, even though walls did not protect China, or Russia or anyone else. Then he took money that both houses of Congress and he had approved for the military and after the bills were signed as is the American way, spent it on his wall, as if he was the one to set and pass budgets, while the republican party said nothing. He has run the debt up as fast as Obama with no sign of slowing down. He put anti-environment people in charge of EPA and Department of Interior, some having left government on ethics violations themselves. His support for Putin, Erdegon and Saudi Prince Slobbydeknob is disgusting.
At some level, everyone on this board knows that character counts. Donald John Trump is the least man of Character I have ever seen or read about in the history of our Country. Elections do indeed have consequences and I am not surprised by how he conducts himself. It is why I did not vote for either of the two main candidates 2016. It is why I will vote for whatever Democrat wins the nomination, knowing if they win, they will be fought tooth and nail by the right and the pendulum will still swing swing away from one party strong man rule by the corrupt and morally bankrupt regime in power now. Fear not. I live in the reddest state in the union. Tennessee is in no danger of going Blue. If you work hard at it and you like your low morals leader, you can keep your low morals leader, and we will se what it looks like in 2024. Don't count on it, because many have already pass judgement on him. Apparently a good economy is not enough. I am not whining, crying, supporting marxists, communist, or any other of the cute labels some board member like to try when thy cannot dispute the truth of what I have said and all they have left is labels and name calling like little kids. This is just my opinion. You are entitled to yours. It's the American way.

Morals? Come on, democrats are not concerned with "morals."

Sorry but I disagree with everything you have written. I don't believe Trump supports those people. He has to do business with them, as have ALL of our other presidents.

Donald Trump is rude and crass, but he is NOT a career politician and is a newbie to politics. Yes, a good economy is ALL that counts. Being a nice guy is not always beneficial.

Leftists scream about keeping morals out of their business until it suits them. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Trump is a grifting, lying, opportunist who backed into the presidency due to the confluence of a number of "one in a million" things coming together at the right moment. Trump's biggest downfall is that he's a corrupt moron who has no interest in being President of the United States. This is just a reality show to him. A giant popularity contest. He isn't very smart, not well read, isn't interested in policy or the nuances that go into being the leader of the free world. He's a blunt instrument. Has been his entire adult life. He plays to the undercurrent of the worst this country has to offer. Xenophobia, callousness, bigotry, and downright ignorance in pursuit of the herd mentality.

I can't understand why anyone would vote for the modern day democrat. They have nothing to offer and just want to take things away.
Funny. I cannot imagine why someone would work with, work for, follow, or elect someone who has taken bankruptcy 6 times, cheated on 3 wives, paid hush money to whores he was cheating on his wife with, lied about even know them, lied about paying hush money to them, has been such a great businessman, planning to hire only the best people until the executive branch white house staffing looks like a revolving door, involving several people who went to jail or left, not wanting to go to jail. Except for having a good economy, he has not had a coherent policy about anything except "if it was done by previous administration I will veto it, withdraw from it, tear it down, promising to replace and mostly not replacing. When he could not get Mexico to pay for his wall, he decided we would pay for his wall, even though walls did not protect China, or Russia or anyone else. Then he took money that both houses of Congress and he had approved for the military and after the bills were signed as is the American way, spent it on his wall, as if he was the one to set and pass budgets, while the republican party said nothing. He has run the debt up as fast as Obama with no sign of slowing down. He put anti-environment people in charge of EPA and Department of Interior, some having left government on ethics violations themselves. His support for Putin, Erdegon and Saudi Prince Slobbydeknob is disgusting.
At some level, everyone on this board knows that character counts. Donald John Trump is the least man of Character I have ever seen or read about in the history of our Country. Elections do indeed have consequences and I am not surprised by how he conducts himself. It is why I did not vote for either of the two main candidates 2016. It is why I will vote for whatever Democrat wins the nomination, knowing if they win, they will be fought tooth and nail by the right and the pendulum will still swing swing away from one party strong man rule by the corrupt and morally bankrupt regime in power now. Fear not. I live in the reddest state in the union. Tennessee is in no danger of going Blue. If you work hard at it and you like your low morals leader, you can keep your low morals leader, and we will se what it looks like in 2024. Don't count on it, because many have already pass judgement on him. Apparently a good economy is not enough. I am not whining, crying, supporting marxists, communist, or any other of the cute labels some board member like to try when thy cannot dispute the truth of what I have said and all they have left is labels and name calling like little kids. This is just my opinion. You are entitled to yours. It's the American way.

Sorry but I disagree with everything you have written. I don't believe Trump supports those people. He has to do business with them, as have ALL of our other presidents.

Donald Trump is rude and crass, but he is NOT a career politician and is a newbie to politics. Yes, a good economy is ALL that counts. Being a nice guy is not always beneficial.

Leftists scream about keeping morals out of their business until it suits them. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Trump is a grifting, lying, opportunist who backed into the presidency due to the confluence of a number of "one in a million" things coming together at the right moment. Trump's biggest downfall is that he's a corrupt moron who has no interest in being President of the United States. This is just a reality show to him. A giant popularity contest. He isn't very smart, not well read, isn't interested in policy or the nuances that go into being the leader of the free world. He's a blunt instrument. Has been his entire adult life. He plays to the undercurrent of the worst this country has to offer. Xenophobia, callousness, bigotry, and downright ignorance in pursuit of the herd mentality.

A blunt instrument comes in handy sometimes, like now. You pompous leftists need to be smacked. Trump is the man for the job, as he is just as nasty and pompous as you leftists.

Quite simply, because despite their foibles, Democrats seem to care about average worker (health care, taxation, cost of living, wage stagnation) whereas Republicans care about the wealthy and corporations (trickle down tax cuts, union busting, destroying environmental regulation and consumer protections..and a whole host I could go on and on).

Oh yeah and as far as increasing budget deficits go, Republicans are the clear winners over the last 35 years.

Did the Democrats care about the average worker when DumBama drastically increased cigarette taxes, mostly that affect the poor and middle-class? Did he care about the average worker when he instituted Commie Care fines? Did he care about the average worker when he increased taxes on their employers, leaving less for their staff? Did the Democrats care about the average worker by trying to increase fuel prices?

If that's caring about the average worker, I don't want to be one.

He crafted a platform that appealed to the majority of the largest single ethnic block.

It would be common sense, except that it seems brilliant in comparison to what our leaders have been doing.

Just like every Republican President.......huh?

So what do we need a wall for again?

C'mon, are you that dense. How many cross the border that don't get caught?
Not as many as you think. The border patrol released estimates of that up until, I think, 2016 or so. The percentage of people that make it across has been falling considerably in the same time frame. Mostly because of a massive buildup of border patrol agents starting after 9/11 and continuing through the Obama presidency.
Dang, you are that dense.

Was there something confusing about what I said?

No he is not a career politician. He is an amateur politician, an amateur statesman (if a statesman at all) who operates like a professional game show host, calling out to the crowd with cheap shots, cheap lies just to excite the lowest common denominator of the masses. I could live with that, if he wasn't such a liar that nobody friend or foe can count on what he says or his people say, ever. Strikes me as a populist anarchist, and his choices of foreign leaders to approve or ridicule goes against American values, in my opinion.

A blunt instrument comes in handy sometimes, like now. You pompous leftists need to be smacked. Trump is the man for the job, as he is just as nasty and pompous as you leftists.

Have you checked out the definition of leftist? It's pretty non-descript. :)
Trump is a moron. And his supporters swallow every nugget that drops out of his mouth like water in the desert.

This country needs leaders that work for advancing the needs of the common man. Not the wealthy. While neither party is perfect, the Democrats come closer to being concerned about this than Republicans do. The Republican party sold out a long time ago and now they are completely all in on Trump....and they better hope that November of 2020 doesn't spell the beginning of the end for their party.

Trump is a moron. And his supporters swallow every nugget that drops out of his mouth like water in the desert.

This country needs leaders that work for advancing the needs of the common man. Not the wealthy. While neither party is perfect, the Democrats come closer to being concerned about this than Republicans do. The Republican party sold out a long time ago and now they are completely all in on Trump....and they better hope that November of 2020 doesn't spell the beginning of the end for their party.

The dems are actively hostile to me and mine.

They are not. There are plenty of republican establishment politicians who hate Trump. That's why I like him.

This country needs leaders that work for advancing the needs of the common man.

That's not what our federal government is for. Our federal government was created to govern, not make things nice for you. In a free country, that's up to you to do for yourself.

They can create a business friendly environment though, and that is what Trump is trying to accomplish.

Quite simply, because despite their foibles, Democrats seem to care about average worker (health care, taxation, cost of living, wage stagnation) whereas Republicans care about the wealthy and corporations (trickle down tax cuts, union busting, destroying environmental regulation and consumer protections..and a whole host I could go on and on).

Oh yeah and as far as increasing budget deficits go, Republicans are the clear winners over the last 35 years.

Did the Democrats care about the average worker when DumBama drastically increased cigarette taxes, mostly that affect the poor and middle-class? Did he care about the average worker when he instituted Commie Care fines? Did he care about the average worker when he increased taxes on their employers, leaving less for their staff? Did the Democrats care about the average worker by trying to increase fuel prices?

Your points might come across as having more weight if you would dispense with the right wing, 5th grade playground name calling.
Increasing cigarette taxes had what effect (besides raising money) on the common man? The inability to pay less than $7.50 for a pack of smokes? The majority of Americans don't smoke. Increasing what taxes on employers??..I'm sorry, I must have been asleep when Republicans passed the largest tax cut for the wealthy and business owners in the last 30 years. And did those employers pass those tax cuts on to their employees in the form of wage increases to combat stagnation??...nope. Just brought all that money home to the U.S. to buy back stock and make their shareholders richer. (And hey, I own stock so I'm not complaining).

While the ACA wasn't perfect, it was a good starting point. And what did Republicans do? Did they offer their own plans that they considered to be better? Did they make policy suggestions for improvement?? Nope. Just rolled up a bunch votes to repeal when they knew it would never come back on them politically. And all the while seeking to undercut and undermine each and every principle.

So yeah, Democrats care more about the average worker.

Your points might come across as having more weight if you would dispense with the right wing, 5th grade playground name calling.
Increasing cigarette taxes had what effect (besides raising money) on the common man? The inability to pay less than $7.50 for a pack of smokes? The majority of Americans don't smoke. Increasing what taxes on employers??..I'm sorry, I must have been asleep when Republicans passed the largest tax cut for the wealthy and business owners in the last 30 years. And did those employers pass those tax cuts on to their employees in the form of wage increases to combat stagnation??...nope. Just brought all that money home to the U.S. to buy back stock and make their shareholders richer. (And hey, I own stock so I'm not complaining).

While the ACA wasn't perfect, it was a good starting point. And what did Republicans do? Did they offer their own plans that they considered to be better? Did they make policy suggestions for improvement?? Nope. Just rolled up a bunch votes to repeal when they knew it would never come back on them politically. And all the while seeking to undercut and undermine each and every principle.

So yeah, Democrats care more about the average worker.

Raising taxes on the common man (after a sworn promise he would never do) is not helping the average man who has to pay those new taxes, just like keeping their badly needed income tax refund. DumBama created 40 million more government dependents on two programs alone. How is that helping the average man? The Republicans didn't get rid of Commie Care thanks to a few RINO's we had at the time. In fact enrollment just ended last month. Speaking of which, thanks to Commie Care, millions of Americans (like myself) lost their employer sponsored plan. Tell me that helps the average working Joe.

That's not what our federal government is for. Our federal government was created to govern, not make things nice for you. In a free country, that's up to you to do for yourself.

They can create a business friendly environment though, and that is what Trump is trying to accomplish.

Of course. That's the secret to job creation. Presidents do not create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. What a President can do is make that job creation easier or harder on our businesses.

DumBama was the most anti-business President of our time. He closed down several businesses and made existing ones harder to operate. When Trump took over, not only did he rescind many of those job killing regulations, but created a new policy that every new business regulation created, two had to be removed in it's place.

They are not. There are plenty of republican establishment politicians who hate Trump. That's why I like him.
Now That's a logical sounding reason for support isn't it. Sounds like you want better than what you have been getting from the Republicans. Now you get the worst of both.

Let's be honest....most Democrats vote by default...they're .gov employees, they live an 'alternative' lifestyle, are very close to someone who does or they need lots of free shit to survive....If you couldn't group yourself within one of the aforementioned categories and had to vote on policy would you still vote Democrat?

In other words, if you’re a white, straight male, you don’t vote Democrat. Everyone else, is voting Democrat.

No one with half a brain votes Republican. Republican economic policies created this mess of an economy.

If you hate what “straight white males” have created (Western civilization), then why don’t you move to Africa, Latin America, or the Middle East? Put up or shut up time.

That's not making things nice for you. Setting and defining policy that is in the best interest of the electorate, creating guidelines and regulations so that people aren't taken advantage of IS a function of government. You can't lift yourself up out of the gutter if you have one foot on your forehead. :)

That's not making things nice for you. Setting and defining policy that is in the best interest of the electorate, creating guidelines and regulations so that people aren't taken advantage of IS a function of government. You can't lift yourself up out of the gutter if you have one foot on your forehead. :)

Taken advantage of by whom? And what policy of Trump was against the interest of the electorate?

If you are in the gutter, the only person responsible for getting you out is you--not government. Get yourself cleaned up, get a job, and burst your ass if need be.

Forum List

Back