If this [U.S. et.al. Iran] agreement turns out to be effective, will R-W'ers apologize?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Giving a scientific defense of the emerging nuclear deal with Iran, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz called the plan a "forever agreement" that would block all pathways to a nuclear weapon and set up tough international inspections with no end date. Moniz, a nuclear physicist, spoke at the White House on Monday as the Obama administration ramped up its campaign for a framework deal with Iran that has drawn criticism from congressional Republicans, the Israeli government and skeptical Arab allies of the U.S.

Under the agreement, Moniz said, all plutonium created as a byproduct of Iran's nuclear power production would be sent out of the country so it couldn't be used to make weapons. And international inspectors would watch over all stages of Iran's nuclear program to ensure Tehran sticks to the agreement.
"This is not built upon trust, this is built upon hard-nosed requirements," Moniz said, describing the deal as providing "unprecedented access and transparency" to Iran's nuclear program. The White House says the tougher inspection requirements would continue in perpetuity.

Many Congress members, including several Democrats, have worried that the final deal may lift sanctions on Iran without ensuring that Tehran keeps its word.
At the same time, skeptical Arab allies worry about Iran's destabilizing activity in the region. President Barack Obama has invited leaders of six Gulf nations to Washington this spring and said he wanted to "formalize" U.S. assistance.

Obama is staunchly defending the framework agreement worked out with other world powers as a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity" to prevent an Iranian bomb and bring longer-term stability to the Middle East. He insists the U.S. would stand by Israel if it were to come under attack, but acknowledged that his pursuit of diplomacy with Tehran has caused strain with the close ally.
"It's been a hard period," Obama said in an interview with New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman. He added that it is "personally difficult" for him to hear his administration accused of not looking out for Israel's interests.

The framework reached with Iran last week clears the way for negotiators to hammer out technical details ahead of a June 30 deadline for a final deal.
Obama argued that successful negotiations presented the most effective way to keep Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, but insisted he would keep all options on the table if Tehran were to violate the terms.

"I've been very clear that Iran will not get a nuclear weapon on my watch, and I think they should understand that we mean it," Obama said in the interview published Sunday.
The president said there are many details that still need to be worked out with the Iranians and cautioned that there would be "real political difficulties" in implementing an agreement in both countries. He reiterated his opposition to legislation that would give the U.S. Congress final say in approving or rejecting a deal, but said he hoped to find a path to allow Congress to "express itself."
___
Associated Press writers Hope Yen, Connie Cass and Josh Lederman contributed to this report.

If this [U.S. et.al. Iran] agreement turns out to be effective, will R-W'ers apologize?

Are you insane? Or just naïve?

And if it doesn't and we're wiped from the face of the plane, will the left? Oh wait... never mind.
By who?
Oh, I get it. You're scared. Poor baby.

Hey, asshat... if it is no big deal, then why strike a deal?

And yes, I admit it, crazies with nukes scare the shit out of me because you know, I'm sane.
Not that sane. Hello, knock knock, no way they can "sneak" a nuke into the country. So what else are they going to use? A balloon? A wooden missile?

And if it doesn't and we're wiped from the face of the plane, will the left? Oh wait... never mind.
By who?

And yes, I admit it, crazies with nukes scare the shit out of me because you know, I'm sane.

Then you should be terribly frightened by your own country. We started it all, remember?

article-2330272-01568A1F0000044D-61_634x484.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Giving a scientific defense of the emerging nuclear deal with Iran, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz called the plan a "forever agreement" that would block all pathways to a nuclear weapon and set up tough international inspections with no end date. Moniz, a nuclear physicist, spoke at the White House on Monday as the Obama administration ramped up its campaign for a framework deal with Iran that has drawn criticism from congressional Republicans, the Israeli government and skeptical Arab allies of the U.S.

Under the agreement, Moniz said, all plutonium created as a byproduct of Iran's nuclear power production would be sent out of the country so it couldn't be used to make weapons. And international inspectors would watch over all stages of Iran's nuclear program to ensure Tehran sticks to the agreement.
"This is not built upon trust, this is built upon hard-nosed requirements," Moniz said, describing the deal as providing "unprecedented access and transparency" to Iran's nuclear program. The White House says the tougher inspection requirements would continue in perpetuity.

Many Congress members, including several Democrats, have worried that the final deal may lift sanctions on Iran without ensuring that Tehran keeps its word.
At the same time, skeptical Arab allies worry about Iran's destabilizing activity in the region. President Barack Obama has invited leaders of six Gulf nations to Washington this spring and said he wanted to "formalize" U.S. assistance.

Obama is staunchly defending the framework agreement worked out with other world powers as a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity" to prevent an Iranian bomb and bring longer-term stability to the Middle East. He insists the U.S. would stand by Israel if it were to come under attack, but acknowledged that his pursuit of diplomacy with Tehran has caused strain with the close ally.
"It's been a hard period," Obama said in an interview with New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman. He added that it is "personally difficult" for him to hear his administration accused of not looking out for Israel's interests.

The framework reached with Iran last week clears the way for negotiators to hammer out technical details ahead of a June 30 deadline for a final deal.
Obama argued that successful negotiations presented the most effective way to keep Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, but insisted he would keep all options on the table if Tehran were to violate the terms.

"I've been very clear that Iran will not get a nuclear weapon on my watch, and I think they should understand that we mean it," Obama said in the interview published Sunday.
The president said there are many details that still need to be worked out with the Iranians and cautioned that there would be "real political difficulties" in implementing an agreement in both countries. He reiterated his opposition to legislation that would give the U.S. Congress final say in approving or rejecting a deal, but said he hoped to find a path to allow Congress to "express itself."
___
Associated Press writers Hope Yen, Connie Cass and Josh Lederman contributed to this report.

Are you insane? Or just naïve?

He's hopeful.

By who?

Not that sane. Hello, knock knock, no way they can "sneak" a nuke into the country. So what else are they going to use? A balloon? A wooden missile?

By who?

Boats on the beaches. That's what the Birchers said years ago.

___
Interesting.....

Curious....when the politicians on the right were criticized and called "liars" when they warned that the ACA would result in higher premiums, the likelihood of many losing their policies that they liked and many also losing the right to use doctors of their choice....

Did the politicians on the left apologize when those on the right were proven to be correct?

Better yet....did the politicians on the left apologize to the public for misinforming them and telling them to ignore those that were offering correct information?

It is impossible that the agreement will prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. It is like saying that the creation of the UN would stop all wars. It simply wasnt in the cards for that and it isnt going to happen here.
The agreement does literally zero to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb. Since they have been working hard on getting one they wll at some point get one. It is inevitable, especially given this non-agreement negotiated by the very worst president ever.

Interesting.....

Curious....when the politicians on the right were criticized and called "liars" when they warned that the ACA would result in higher premiums, the likelihood of many losing their policies that they liked and many also losing the right to use doctors of their choice....

Did the politicians on the left apologize when those on the right were proven to be correct?

Better yet....did the politicians on the left apologize to the public for misinforming them and telling them to ignore those that were offering correct information?

Silly........comparing the ACA to the possible "good" deal with Iran......

Nonetheless, since you'll probably want to remain as biased as you are now......Why don't you ask those millions of people with pre-existing conditions if they like the ACA...?
Why don't you ask those republicans who INITIALLY wrote up what the ACA is based on, why they changed their mind?
Why don't you ask Romney about his flip-flop in basically establishing an ACA-lite in Mass.....but now is stating that what was good for Mass. is not good for red states?

Anyway, we're talking about the deal with Iran.....Go back to listening to FOX for additional reasons to hate Obama.

It is impossible that the agreement will prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. It is like saying that the creation of the UN would stop all wars. It simply wasnt in the cards for that and it isnt going to happen here.
The agreement does literally zero to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb. Since they have been working hard on getting one they wll at some point get one. It is inevitable, especially given this non-agreement negotiated by the very worst president ever.

Sure, Rabbi.......Since its "inevitable" that Iran will someday have a nuke....as you say,,,,,WHY the bitching anyway? Had to get your daily share of moaning about Obama?

___
Interesting.....

President Barack Obama said Thursday he was sorry that thousands of Americans were losing their health insurance, expressing regret for the first time that the Affordable Care Act hadn't lived up to his promise that people who liked their coverage could keep it.

Mr. Obama said he had intended to make good on his pledge but the administration wasn't as clear as it should have been in describing the changes the new health law would bring. Now, facing a chorus of complaints as many people receive notice that their plans have been canceled, Mr. Obama signaled he was open to some kind of relief, although he didn't give specifics.

Obama Apologizes for Insurance Cancellations - WSJ

"I am sorry that they...are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," Mr. Obama told NBC News in an interview.

Sure, Rabbi.......Since its "inevitable" that Iran will someday have a nuke....as you say,,,,,WHY the bitching anyway? Had to get your daily share of moaning about Obama?
Do you sit around thinking of the most stupid thing you can post?
It is inevitable given the lack of will by thi president to prevent it, even though h could.

___
Interesting.....

President Barack Obama said Thursday he was sorry that thousands of Americans were losing their health insurance, expressing regret for the first time that the Affordable Care Act hadn't lived up to his promise that people who liked their coverage could keep it.

Mr. Obama said he had intended to make good on his pledge but the administration wasn't as clear as it should have been in describing the changes the new health law would bring. Now, facing a chorus of complaints as many people receive notice that their plans have been canceled, Mr. Obama signaled he was open to some kind of relief, although he didn't give specifics.

"I am sorry that they...are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," Mr. Obama told NBC News in an interview.

Basically "Sorry you got fucked, but oh well".

How magnanimous of him.

Do you sit around thinking of the most stupid thing you can post?
It is inevitable given the lack of will by thi president to prevent it, even though h could.

Sure Obama could prevent it ??? Anything besides "bomb, bomb, Iran?" ......You nitwits never saw a war you didn't like, unless someone else's kids die for your sins.

Since you right wingers COULD NOT address the O/P in a decent manner, you revert to what FOX told you to keeping slamming.....that is, the ACA......Its the law; Its working; Most decent people like it.......LIVE WITH IT !!!,

___
Interesting.....

It would please me if he just would let Valerie run things while he sat and watched gay porn all day.

Since you right wingers COULD NOT address the O/P in a decent manner, you revert to what FOX told you to keeping slamming.....that is, the ACA......Its the law; Its working; Most decent people like it.......LIVE WITH IT !!!,
OK. We"ll live with it till we see what Congress decides. No Executive Order here.

Are all republicans scared little bitches? Sure act like it....OH NOES! IRAN MIGHT HAVE 1 NUKE! We have 300 at least but they are gonna wipe us off the earth! Jesus...stop wetting your pants...fucking wimps

Forum List

Back