german dessert?? help!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
sooo i am invited to dinner tomorrow....my assignment is to make an authenic german dessert.....so here i sit wondering what the hell that would be?

any ideas

sooo i am invited to dinner tomorrow....my assignment is to make an authenic german dessert.....so here i sit wondering what the hell that would be?

any ideas
My German grandmother always made cookies. The best cookies in the world!!!!!!!

o perhaps i should have mentioned..the hostess is a kick ass cake decorator and baker....no cakes...cookies....we are tossing around cookies and a german chocolate pie...black forest cake ....if i could find good cherries...but all i can find are chilean cherries....i would need dark or sour....so that is out....

keep thinking...the apple squares are too plain...i want to impress (dont we all?)

o perhaps i should have mentioned..the hostess is a kick ass cake decorator and baker....no cakes...cookies....we are tossing around cookies and a german chocolate pie...black forest cake ....if i could find good cherries...but all i can find are chilean cherries....i would need dark or sour....so that is out....

keep thinking...the apple squares are too plain...i want to impress (dont we all?)

I'll just interject that appearances can be deceiving, it's always about the taste and how it hits the buds. ;)

I must say if I could find, the best thing I remember from growing up in a German-Lutheran town was 'German Chocolate Chip Cookies', damn they rocked. Even now, I drool. Crispy on outside, good chew from middle. Coconut indeed. Yet, both semi-sweet and milk chocolate. Of course German chocolate too. Oh man!

Black Forest Cake is the best idea so far but careful, if not made correctly and there are true German's there you'll leave there feeling like a big failure. LMAO

Real Black Forest Cake is made with German Chocolate. It isn't as sweet as other chocolate.

You should make cannolis.

Italian desserts are better than German desserts. You may get some initial flack, but your friends will come around after tasting your cannolis.

okay i decided to make a black forest cake...here is the receipe i am using...

German Black Forest Cake

the german chocolate pie wasnt that impressive....pudding with coconut and pecan topping...

i suggest that perhaps we just stick with regular card food...finger foods...chips/dips..that kinda thing....
but we are having an authenic german dinner....this is gonna be good...

Great:

Apple Squares - All Recipes

Apple squares

Even better:

German Chocolate Cake Recipes

The Best German Chocolate Cake Recipes

These old fashioned German kuchen recipes were taken from the book "Mary At The Farm And Book Of Recipes Compiled During Her Visit Among The 'Pennsylvania Germans'" by Edith M. Thomas, printed by John Hartenstine, Norristown, Pennsylvania, in 1915....

Thanks for the Apple squares recipe, Its sounds like a real winner and Im going to make some. I think Pear squares would be killer too.

Forum List

Back