If there was a "Gay" gene.. why are we here?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by healthmyths, Dec 24, 2011.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    Simple question because the "I gotta be me" crowd insist they were born that way .. yet if the "Gay" gene was dominant there would never be any species as reproduction is the method of species' propagation.

SO.. it would appear that the "Gay" gene definitely was NOT a dominant gene.

As a result, either through acceptance or accident "gay" genes (if they exist!) continued.

So why are "gays" then so insistent that sexual orientation is genetic since clearly the "gay" gene could never have been dominate ..(face it even a hard core gay wanting genetic immortality must have a female egg!!!) !

Therefore why the massive education process if EVERYONE knows the only way a gay could exist is by ACCEPTANCE of the life style.

I mean in the past most gays were NOT as readily accepted in society, so
    what changed if NOT behavior modification on the part of the NON-Gay segment of society?

So again... why are gays so insistent on playing the as of today
    "I gotta be me" meme if there as of today a non-existent "gay" gene?

Tell me again then why do most uninformed people especially in the gay community reject "behavior modification" i.e. " gay reparative therapy"?

"My therapist asked me, 'Why are you here?' I told him, 'I wanted to be heterosexual and I wanted my God given heterosexuality back," says Richard Campbell. He is part of quiet movement of people who say they don't want to continue living as homosexuals.

"I kept having relationship after relationship, trying to make things work, all the while feeling an emptiness inside," says Campbell. Three years ago he looked into gay conversion therapy which is also called gay reparative therapy.
    Going straight: Controversial therapy 'treats' homosexuality | kvue.com Austin

AND please don't go calling me names, etc... as Seinfeld said in that now FAMOUS DISCLAIMER:
    NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT!

I'm just curious why the anger at "gay reparative therapy"

Why in the heck did you post this in politics? Moved to health and lifestyle.

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Homosexuality is likely a genetic anomaly that periodically crops up, The number of homosexuals in any given culture is pretty much constant and has not changed over at least hundreds, if not millions of years.

From my observation, there is no such thing as a homosexual becoming heterosexual. The instances of reported gay men overcoming being gay and becoming heterosexual males cannot be true. In such cases, these men were never gay to begin with. Likely they were convinced by peer pressure over the years into believing they were gay, when in fact they were not.

Child predators are also born that way. Jeffrey Dahmer was born the way he was too. We don't (so far) accept pedophila or cannibalisim as normal behavior. That's the difference.

3. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,871
    And this is in "POLITICS" why?

5. Wacky Quacky

Wacky Quacky Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Therapy can't stop someone from being gay, just like it can't make someone stop being straight. It is genetic, and something that is not a choice. You ask why it hasn't "bred" out of humans if homosexuals don't propagate the species? Because it's a minor defect, not an abnormality passed from parent to child. Your question is the same as asking why infertility hasn't been bred out if they can't propagate?

6. samjones

samjones Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Cuz the gays will settle for a woman in they're drunk and desperate.

7. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    You realize that genetic expression isn't limited to autosomal dominance, right?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  8. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    So if it's genetic, what basis does anyone have to discriminate?

9. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Who cares.

ItÂ’s legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

Because you and others on the right seek to deny a class of American citizens equal access to the laws.

It has become, unfortunately, needlessly, inappropriately, a political issue accordingly.

10. Wacky Quacky

Wacky Quacky Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Against homosexuality, religion and a fear of the new and unknown (I say new meaning new in the spotlight, not new in occurrence).

Pedophilia is discriminated against because it involves coercing a child, who isn't mature enough emotionally to understand any better, into engaging into an act that could severely scar them emotionally once they are old enough and mature enough to understand.

If the cannibal killed a person to eat them, than that's wrong as murder is wrong. But if the person dies of natural causes, then while it may be disturbing to me, it seems more up to debate than any other topic in this thread so far.