If there was a "Gay" gene.. why are we here?

Therapy can't stop someone from being gay, just like it can't make someone stop being straight. It is genetic, and something that is not a choice. You ask why it hasn't "bred" out of humans if homosexuals don't propagate the species? Because it's a minor defect, not an abnormality passed from parent to child. Your question is the same as asking why infertility hasn't been bred out if they can't propagate?
Being a homo is a choice.

A perverted choice.

But still a choice. :cuckoo:

Therapy can't stop someone from being gay, just like it can't make someone stop being straight. It is genetic, and something that is not a choice. You ask why it hasn't "bred" out of humans if homosexuals don't propagate the species? Because it's a minor defect, not an abnormality passed from parent to child. Your question is the same as asking why infertility hasn't been bred out if they can't propagate?

A perverted choice.

Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since there are soo many variables that come into play, Scientists and Psychologists can't determine the EXACT reason, but they are sure it's not a choice.
We even went over this in College Psychology and the instructor (who is a certified Psychologist) said that they are that way.

As for you, Sunni.
You fall under this catergory

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You realize that ALL organisms that have a life/death cycle are responding totally TOTALLY to chemical actions..i.e. exposure to medicine starts with understanding of chemistry!
And as a result, what "Chemistry/medical connection does "homosexuality" have with medicine? Now that's one of the reasons the APA removed the coding for "homosexuality" psychiatric treatment.

What in the hell are you talking about? Are you claiming that, because there isn't a "medicine" to treat homosexuality, it's not a genetic condition?

The APA made it's decision with the knowledge that homosexuality isn't something that needs to be treated.

SO.. if that was the APA to show that "homosexuality" was NOT a disease anymore then having more Melanin is a disease causing "blackness".
SO.. Based on APA all homosexuality is genetic!

First, African Americans don't have more melanin. They have different pigments relative to Caucasians and they degrade melanin more slowly.

The things you learn in medical school I guess.

Second, the APA suspects homosexuality is genetic. Long before that, they decided it wasn't pathological.

Which is what the layman (no pun..) means when meming "I gotta be Me!"
If it is GENETIC what is the purpose as all genes have some design functionality! I mean blue eye genes provides "blue eyes", etc.

You think every gene contributes to a discrete phenotype? You don't know what in the hell you are talking about. I don't know what your back ground is, but your knowledge of genetics is atrocious.

It's slightly more complicated then your rudimentary understanding of it.

Just read about the lac operon, which creates a single enzyme for metabolism if you doubt that.

Operon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is a "repressor gene" shown phenotypically?

This doesn't even touch on polygenetic expression, penetrence, and a large facet of other genetic issues.

So what was the purpose of the "Gay" gene (which is still to be identified!)

What do you mean purpose? What is the purpose of an oncogene? It doesn't contribute to any benefit for mankind, and yet it still exists.

Genetics is not directional.

A perverted choice.

Since you believe you can "chose", you must find dudes and dudettes equally attractive.

So are you a "top" or a "bottom"? Or maybe a top for girls and a bottom for boys?

Scientists have done the brain scans of lots of people, and they have all shown the same thing.....the brains of homosexual women are remarkably similar in size and shape to a heterosexual male, and the brains of homosexual males are remarkably similar in size and shape to a heterosexual woman.

Nope, sorry.........short of changing the physical structure of the brain, you're not going to "cure" homosexuality. And........fwiw.........there is currently no medical procedure to "rewire" your brain that they could do without ending up turing the person into a vegetable.

Sexuality is determined in the womb.

As usual, you have no evidence the APA’s decision was ‘politically motivated.’

And again, you’re entitled to exhibit your hate and ignorance, you’re not entitled to attempt to codify it, however.

She believes what conforms to her political dogma, facts notwithstanding.

Don't let it distress you too much.

The people with "very strong" opinions on this matter have zero sway over the facts of the matter.

Any person that thinks alcoholism isn't a disease hasn't had much exposure to medicine.

You realize that ALL organisms that have a life/death cycle are responding totally TOTALLY to chemical actions..i.e. exposure to medicine starts with understanding of chemistry!
And as a result, what "Chemistry/medical connection does "homosexuality" have with medicine? Now that's one of the reasons the APA removed the coding for "homosexuality" psychiatric treatment.

SO.. if that was the APA to show that "homosexuality" was NOT a disease anymore then having more Melanin is a disease causing "blackness".
SO.. Based on APA all homosexuality is genetic!

Which is what the layman (no pun..) means when meming "I gotta be Me!"
If it is GENETIC what is the purpose as all genes have some design functionality! I mean blue eye genes provides "blue eyes", etc.

So what was the purpose of the "Gay" gene (which is still to be identified!)

OMG! I can't wait to see the responses to this post. There have been many theories regarding homosexuality. Are any of them accurate? Who knows? If medicine can't even find a cure for the common cold, I doubt that we will find a cause for homosexuality in our lifetimes. Now, once a gay or lesbian is in a relationship, most of them do not want to change. But while they're in grade school, getting tripped, being called "fag" or "lezzie", I'm sure that if there were something to "fix" them, most of them would gladly accept.

It's definitely not a choice. It's too difficult to be a choice. It is who one is.

Like I said.......it's not a gene, it's the actual structure of the brain.

No, sexuality is determined in the womb. Granted, there may be a certain amount of environmental factors that will determine how "gay" someone decides to go, but their sexuality will always stay the same.

No.........you can't "cure" homosexuality.

No, sexuality is determined in the womb. Granted, there may be a certain amount of environmental factors that will determine how "gay" someone decides to go, but their sexuality will always stay the same.

I somewhat disagree with it being the womb, but you prettymuch said it.

:D

Actually, with it having to do with something concerning the actual structure of the brain, yeah.......I'd say that it's pretty much in the womb, as the brain starts to develop sometime around the 45 day point and forms from there, which means that MOST of the determination is going to be in the womb, but, since children's brains aren't fully formed until around 16 or 17, there could be some environmental factors involved.

But, I'd say that around 75 to 85 percent is determined at birth.

Actually, with it having to do with something concerning the actual structure of the brain, yeah.......I'd say that it's pretty much in the womb, as the brain starts to develop sometime around the 45 day point and forms from there, which means that MOST of the determination is going to be in the womb, but, since children's brains aren't fully formed until around 16 or 17, there could be some environmental factors involved.

But, I'd say that around 75 to 85 percent is determined at birth.

I'd say 100% is determined at birth.....

Like Dwarfism, cleft palate, or Downs syndrome.

Scientists have done the brain scans of lots of people, and they have all shown the same thing.....the brains of homosexual women are remarkably similar in size and shape to a heterosexual male, and the brains of homosexual males are remarkably similar in size and shape to a heterosexual woman.
Link??

I've already posted it, but here it is again from a Time article..........

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

Read more: What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

Link??

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

LOL 90 people is not even enough to have a valid study; let alone draw any scientific conclusions. :badgrin:

LOL 90 people is not even enough to have a valid study; let alone draw any scientific conclusions. :badgrin:

Really?

What is an appropriate number?

Plenty of studies are done with a low power (number of enrolled participants).

If the low number invalidates the study, it will be born out in the statistics.

So, point out which statistics are invalid in this study.

As it stands, insisting that "90 isn't enough" is fallacious.

A low power might result in a broad confidence interval, but at long as it doesn't cross "1", the hypothesis is valid.

Last edited:
God must love the gays. He gave them so much talent. He hates the fundagelicals. It's that music they sing. That's why he sends them disasters.

Forum List

Back