If Rush or Sean Would Have Said This......

that's not true...you called it a racist comment...you didn't attribute that to democrats...

your comment was:

"Such a racist comment from a sensistive lib"

now..is it a racist comment from a sensitive lib or isn't it? and when will you tell me the literary origins of the word "tarbaby"?

The next post I sited how libs were all over Tony Snow for using the same word in one of his briefings

The WH "reporters" were all over him

Perhaps you overlooked it

The next post I sited how libs were all over Tony Snow for using the same word in one of his briefings

The WH "reporters" were all over him

Perhaps you overlooked it

the next post is not what I am asking you about. Your post to me called my use of the word tarbaby racist. Was that your position or not?

and what IS the literary reference?

the next post is not what I am asking you about. Your post to me called my use of the word tarbaby racist. Was that your position or not?

So now I cannot agree with what other libs say?

or are you offended about being called a racist?

Now you know how every conservative feels - libs call conservatives racist on a dialy basis

So now I cannot agree with what other libs say?

or are you offended about being called a racist?

Now you know how every conservative feels - libs call conservatives racist on a dialy basis

so...you ARE calling me a racist for using the word tarbaby?

Did you also call Tony Snow a racist for the same word?

so...you ARE calling me a racist for using the word tarbaby?

Did you also call Tony Snow a racist for the same word?

I was giving you a dose of your own liberalism

I did not consider it racist - I was having fun with you as I always do

But, your nutty fellow libs did play the race card with Tony

I was giving you a dose of your own liberalism

I did not consider it racist - I was having fun with you as I always do

But, your nutty fellow libs did play the race card with Tony

if you don't consider it racist, then why did you accuse me of making a racist statement?

and when will you tell me the literary origins of the word tarbaby?

and when, oh when, will you EVER quit talking PAST me to nutty libs in general or the liberal media and just start having a discussion with ME about things?

It's actually two words: tar baby.

tar baby

tar ba·by (plural tar ba·bies)
noun

Definition: tricky situation: a very troublesome situation, especially one that is difficult or impossible to get out of ( dated )

[Early 20th century. < the Uncle Remus story Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby by J. C. Harris]

I realize you were waiting for RSR for the definitio, but I thought I would help move the conversation along.

I remember my father reading to me from the Uncle Remus story book when I was a kid. It was a wonderful collection of stories. I have never considered the term "tar baby" to be racist, but I am not black. It seems to me that a person would have to be very sensitive to think the term racist. But again, I am not black.

The Disney classic Song of the South used the stories of Uncle Remus, I always thought it was a very good movie. One of the first uses of animation and live action, groundbreaking for it's time. Interestingly, you can not buy Song of the South in the United States. Why? Primarily because of the segment of the film containing Brer Rabbit and the tar baby. I believe there are some who think the are other racial undertones in the rest of the film as well.

Again, I have never thought of the stories, film or book, or the term "tar baby" as racist. They have always been a means to convey some life lessons to children, not indoctrinate them into a life of racial hatred.

But, I'm white. What do I know?

I realize you were waiting for RSR for the definition, but I thought I would help move the conversation along.

you are an enabler....now RSR can merely cut and paste your response just like he cuts and pastes all responses longer than a sentence....

My primary effort in this was to try to get RSR to carry on some form of meaningful conversation instead of just his usual rants about the horrors of liberalism

you are an enabler....now RSR can merely cut and paste your response just like he cuts and pastes all responses longer than a sentence....

My primary effort in this was to try to get RSR to carry on some form of meaningful conversation instead of just his usual rants about the horrors of liberalism

You're the enabler for not having RSR on ignore like the rest of us! ;)

Problem is you ignore anything that goes against your liberal one sided view of the world

I have - you are to liberal (and stubborn) to see them

no. you do not.

Let me list a few:

show me how a school changing the name of december vacation from Christmas to winter RUINS the holiday for anyone..and I don't ask you to show me where some people object to the name change, I ask you to show me how the name change RUINS the holiday.

show me how we can experience a 60% decrease in american casualties due to the surge given the fact that casualties have remained constant from before the surge though March and that April is shaping up to be one of the bloodiesgt months for Americans in the entire war.

Show me why Gore's electric bill is of any concern given the fact that he pays a high premium to use solely green electricity.

no. you do not.

Let me list a few:

show me how a school changing the name of december vacation from Christmas to winter RUINS the holiday for anyone..and I don't ask you to show me where some people object to the name change, I ask you to show me how the name change RUINS the holiday.

show me how we can experience a 60% decrease in american casualties due to the surge given the fact that casualties have remained constant from before the surge though March and that April is shaping up to be one of the bloodiesgt months for Americans in the entire war.

Show me why Gore's electric bill is of any concern given the fact that he pays a high premium to use solely green electricity.

I have

You are stuck on repeat and stupid at the same time

I have

You are stuck on repeat and stupid at the same time

no...saying you have answered those questions and actually answering them are two entirely different things. YOu have never addressed any of those....but please....you can severly bluynt my criticism of you right now by actually answering them...here...now.... go for it.

Forum List

Back