If Mitt Ronmey wins and things get worse then what?

I wonder since everyone thinks that Mitt with a republican congress will save the nation but, I have a feeling that nothing will change and the debt will be 20 Trillion or maybe I'm just crazy.

No, you actually bring up a cogent, albeit Machiavellian, political point.

The most optimistic economic forecasts don’t see the housing market improving for at least another ten years; and unemployment will remain high until that market recovers.

It would be better for republicans in the long run for Obama to win a second term (however subjectively distasteful), virtually guaranteeing the GOP the WH come 2016/2017. By 2020/2021 the economy will have certainly recovered, and the incumbent republican president will win e-election accordingly.

If the economy doesn’t improve significantly by 2016, which is most likely the case, then a president Romney serves only one term, with a democratic president reaping the political benefit of a future economic recovery.

Kind of like Clinton after Regean, of course a republican congress drug him into prosperity..
well, in all fairness, clinton did try to ram another super-entitlement up our asses... but he wasn't able to. So ya gotta give credit where credit is due.

thanks monica!!! :lol:

I wonder since everyone thinks that Mitt with a republican congress will save the nation but, I have a feeling that nothing will change and the debt will be 20 Trillion or maybe I'm just crazy.

And back at you... why reelect Obama when he has PROVEN he is not going to fix anything? With Romney we have a new person that may actually try, with Obama we already know he won't try at all.

1.I not voting for Pres Obama I'm voting for Gary Johnson

2. If you look at Romney's record you see that the only thing he'll do is what most republicans do. Some lip service about cutting spending but in reality he will increase it.

Do we? I dont think a President will save the nation. I think the people will. And I think we the people have a better chance of saving the nation with a good President than a bad one in office.

If things dont get better under Romney, we find someone else and keep working at it. But the key is we keep working. We dont go back to sleep and expect the government to solve our problems.

You're an idiot to claim things can get worse under Romney.

Romney will overturn all the crap Obamination put in place that is holding back our economy right now.

Romney will also act like an American these next 4 years, while Obamination will act like he is a foreigner molding this country into what the world wants, not what Americans want.

Obamination won't give a shit what you think if he gets 4 more years because he isn't allowed to run again. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked he blows off the Federal law preventing him from running again or he'll just announce he isn't leaving the White House after 4 more years.

Yes....he is that nuts and evil.

The way I see it is; I know what odumbo will do. I don't know what Romney will do. I'm willing to take that chance!

It will take years to root out all the tens of thousands of regulations that harm the economy that the Maobama administration have put in place. Buniness will respond as soon as the election is over, but it will take a little time for the ecomony to wind up to full speed. I think you will see significant improvement after a couple of years, with the economy growing at about 4-5% and growth of 7% by the end of his first term.

If Bam Bam gets reelected and things get worse then what?

Your question is utterly inane.

The present Republican party is America's third conservative party, the first two dying merciful deaths. If Romney is elected I think Republicans will pull out all the stops and trickle-down America to nothing. We will then slowly recover, but never be the same, and a new corporate/conservative party will gradually emerge and bingo the whole scenario will start again.

Things can't get any worse than they are right now. At least maybe Romney can stop the downward spiral of America slipping into the gutter.

Problem is, it could get much worse, particularly, since he would feel untethered and not caring one iota of what public opinion is as he can't be voted in again.

Do we? I dont think a President will save the nation. I think the people will. And I think we the people have a better chance of saving the nation with a good President than a bad one in office.
I absolutely agree.

If things dont get better under Romney, we find someone else and keep working at it. But the key is we keep working. We dont go back to sleep and expect the government to solve our problems.
???

If things don't get better under Romney we vote back in a dem? Here's a wild idea... Lets vote in someone who actually believes what he says. Gary Johnson

Last edited:
You're an idiot to claim things can get worse under Romney.

Romney will overturn all the crap Obamination put in place that is holding back our economy right now.
Well... There are some things I would like to see go that Obama has done.

Romney will also act like an American these next 4 years, while Obamination will act like he is a foreigner molding this country into what the world wants, not what Americans want.
Yeah... I agree. Most Americans have forgotten what integrity is. More like bandwagon fans and rooting for the perceived winner rather than actually... You know... Making a stance on their own and standing up for what they feel is right.

Most... Not all.

Forum List

Back