If It's Just A Weekend To You And Me Why Is It Always A Vacation To Trump?

That's what I mean. He's taking the Chinese to Mar a Lago, as well.
I'd like to see the bills on that

I'm sure Trump is not providing free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. How much profit does Trump get off of these "guests"?
I'm guessing Trump DOES provide free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. If he is using Mar a Lago as the "Winter White House," he's got to play the game. We don't charge them for visiting the WH, do we?

No, but that is the purpose of the White House. It was designed with security and all those other things required for a state visit in mind. Trump's resort is reimbursed for all those things, and the money goes directly in his pocket.
so are you saying he is upcharging the reimbursements?

Hadn't thought about that, but since he can greatly increase the income of his own resort by choosing to entertain state visits there instead of the White House, every penny of income the resort receives from those visits is a conflict of interest.
He has said he would be giving all foreign profit to the Treasury. But I don't think hotels violate the E Clause anyways.

I'd like to see the bills on that

I'm sure Trump is not providing free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. How much profit does Trump get off of these "guests"?
I'm guessing Trump DOES provide free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. If he is using Mar a Lago as the "Winter White House," he's got to play the game. We don't charge them for visiting the WH, do we?

No, but that is the purpose of the White House. It was designed with security and all those other things required for a state visit in mind. Trump's resort is reimbursed for all those things, and the money goes directly in his pocket.

Hadn't thought about that, but since he can greatly increase the income of his own resort by choosing to entertain state visits there instead of the White House, every penny of income the resort receives from those visits is a conflict of interest.
He has said he would be giving all foreign profit to the Treasury. But I don't think hotels violate the E Clause anyways.

So where is the Fox, or Alex Jones report that shows any reimbursement? You know they would be talking about that non-stop by now. Better yet, where is any credible source that says he reimburses those expenses?

That isn't the opinion of the IRS. They say that fee for service is taxable income, aka an emolument.

So where is the Fox, or Alex Jones report that shows any reimbursement? You know they would be talking about that non-stop by now. Better yet, where is any credible source that says he reimburses those expenses?
IDK. I was just saying what he said. It could be a once a year thing or something. I try not to knee jerk.
Regardless, I still don't think it violates any law.

Trump hasn't donated hotel profits from foreign governments yet

IDK. I was just saying what he said. It could be a once a year thing or something. I try not to knee jerk.

Trump says a lot of dumb shit. I wouldn't hold my breath for any of it to happen.

He said he would do it at the end of the year. Which, IMO makes sense.
They also only noted one person.. Its not like foreign leaders stay in his hotels every day anyways lol

Trump says a lot of dumb shit. I wouldn't hold my breath for any of it to happen.
I wouldn't either. But he still could. Even if he doesn't, he doesn't have to. But he said he would, so he should.

Trump went to Florida this weekend. Most rational people call it a working trip to his home in Florida, but to the left it's a vacation? Obama would go on a golfing trip often to parts of the country, yet that never counted as a vacation to lying liberals. The only time it counted was when he spent weeks in the Bahamas, took his annual trip to Hawaii, or in Martha's Vineyard.

This is how the dishonest people on the left create their talking-points. They create double-standards and ignore the facts. Today Trump is working. Since when has anyone on this board considered a weekend a vacation?????

And you folks wonder why we never listen to a word you say anymore.

The way that the media rigged the facts when Bush was president was by counting every weekend as a vacation and calling every trip to Camp David an extended golfing trip. Bush decided to quit golfing while he was president because of this dishonest reporting.

Obama played golf at Marth's Vineyard close to 50 times. He played golf over 300 times while president. When did he have time to do his job. It's rare that I take the time to play more than a couple of times a year, but Obama had the time to play a couple of times a week. Is every time a vacation as well?

Life was one big party for Barack. The endless fundraisers, golf trips with the rich and famous, hosting championship teams going back 30 years at times.

Click here for a up to date list of when and where Obama played golf - The Obama Golf Counter - I will not rest until...

48565_973159.jpg

Read This.....then maybe you'll get the drift:

Trump to spend 7th consecutive weekend at Trump-branded property, at enormous cost to taxpayers
How can it be an enormous cost to the taxpayers if it's at his own property. Obama rented every place he used for his vacations and even had most of the 7th Fleet stationed off of the coast of Oahu. Flying Air Force One costs over $300k /hr. Obama flew all over the place. He made numerous trips to the Far East every year.

It seems you folks only give a shit because it's Trump. When Obama ran up the debt it was for a good cause. And let's fact it, Obama won the White House on a platform stating over and over that the economy was the worst since the Great Depression and doubling the debt, which he accused Bush of, is UnAmerican.

I don't make this stuff up. I was just posting what the story is.

They also only noted one person.. Its not like foreign leaders stay in his hotels every day anyways lol

Oh I see....like he contributed to the Vets?

Like these?
22Kill: $200,000.
Achilles International : $200,000
American Hero Adventures: $100,000
Americas for equal living: $100,000
America’s vet dogs: the veteran canine corp Inc: $75,000
AmVets: $75,000
Armed Services YMCA: $75,000
Bob Woodruff Family Foundation Inc: $75,000
Central Iowa Shelter and Services: $100,000
Connected Warriors Inc: $75,000
Disabled American Veterans Charity: $115,000
Fisher House Foundation: $115,000
Folds of Honor Foundation: $200,000
Foundation for American Veterans: $75,000
Freedom Alliance : $75,000
Green Beret Foundation: $350,000
Higher Heroes USA: $75,000
Homes for our Troops: $100,000
Honoring America’s Warriors: $100,000
Hope for the Warriors: $65,000
Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund: $175,000
Canines for Warriors: $50,000
Liberty House: $100,00
Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation: $1.1m (including $1m from Trump himself, he says)
Navy Seal Foundation: $465,000
Navy Marine Corps Relief Society: $75,000
New England Wounded Vets Inc: $75,000
Operation Home Front: $65,000
Project for Patriots: $100,000 (this “check is check is ready to go” but Trump is still vetting the group, he says, awaiting an “IRS determination letter”. “They have to give us that final document”.
Puppy Jake Foundation: $100,000
Racing for Heroes, Inc: $200,000
Support Siouxland Soldiers: $100,000
Task Force Dagger Foundation: $50,000
The Mission Continues: $75,000
National Military Families Inc: $75,000
Veterans Airlift Command: $100,000
Veterans Count: $25,000
Veterans in Command Inc: $150,000
Vietnam Veterans Workshop Inc: $75,000
Warriors for Freedom Foundation: $50,000

If it costs us 3.5 million for a weekend, each and every weekend, it's a vacation.

The golf issue proves it was all about race with the rightwing hatred of Obama. There is no policy difference. Trump golfs it’s okay; the black guy does it…he’s not doing his job!!!!

It’s as petty as it gets.

If it costs us 3.5 million for a weekend, each and every weekend, it's a vacation.

The golf issue proves it was all about race with the rightwing hatred of Obama. There is no policy difference. Trump golfs it’s okay; the black guy does it…he’s not doing his job!!!!

It’s as petty as it gets.
It was just partisanship. But PLEASE don't waste a chance to throw out the race card!
But if we use your logic, the elft don't care the black/white mutt does it, but when the orange/white mutt does it its bad. RACISM

Like these?
Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation: $1.1m (including $1m from Trump himself, he says)
Project for Patriots: $100,000 (this “check is check is ready to go” but Trump is still vetting the group, he says, awaiting an “IRS determination letter”. “They have to give us that final document”.

How many of those were before July 2015?

Like these?

How many of those were before July 2015?
IDK I just pulled it up on snopes. Besides, you weren't specific :D

Hotel rooms are a fixed rate. There is isn't anything being negotiated or put in favor of. Basically, the hotel room rate has nothing to do with his office. It is fixed. The same for everyone. However, there is no judicial precedent on this.
Also, he stated all hotel profits from foreign govts would be donated to the treasury.

I suppose you would be of the same mind if Bill Clinton charged a fixed rate for people to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom.

Hotel rooms are a fixed rate. There is isn't anything being negotiated or put in favor of. Basically, the hotel room rate has nothing to do with his office. It is fixed. The same for everyone. However, there is no judicial precedent on this.
Also, he stated all hotel profits from foreign govts would be donated to the treasury.

I suppose you would be of the same mind if Bill Clinton charged a fixed rate for people to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom.
That's probably the dumbest comparison I have ever heard. Lol, seriously.
How mad were you when the state dept bought 70K copies of obamas book?

It wouldn't be proper to charge the Chinese contingent for rooms on a state visit. That's extremely poor taste and since it's a Trump property it is also against the law.

Since it's Trump's property, and he is paid for it, that's just another of the many conflicts of interest he has.

All the more reason for Trump to do his entertaining at the white house like the presidents before him. It would be cheaper for the secret service, and there would be no conflicts of interest, where Trump is making money off his acts as president.

Forum List

Back