If It's Just A Weekend To You And Me Why Is It Always A Vacation To Trump?

Part of the reason for his visits to FL is he's receiving guests in a pleasant setting as part of his job as president. Obama received guests at rented compounds, charged to God only knows who.

Damn, and we spent hundreds of millions of dollars to make the white house so impressive to guests. Will Trump be holding state dinners at Mar-a-lago from now on?
Well, he is entertaining the leader of China there next month.

Are you sure? He tool the Japanese to Florida.
That's what I mean. He's taking the Chinese to Mar a Lago, as well.
I'd like to see the bills on that

I'm sure Trump is not providing free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. How much profit does Trump get off of these "guests"?

If it costs us 3.5 million for a weekend, each and every weekend, it's a vacation.
How much did it cost for Obama to go golfing? I'm sure it was in the millions every time.

You might want to consider the average number of trips per month for the two.

300/96 months comes to about 3 per month.

How many were at a military course within a few minutes of the whitehouse. Still no link?

Most of Obama's rounds of golf were at nearby Andrews Air Force Base. It was easier to land a helicopter and restrict access to the base. Plus, Obama I not a millionaire golfer demanding the finest facilities in order to play. He just liked to go out on the course and hit the ball
Trump, on the other hand would not play Andrews. It does not meet the standards of an elite Trump golf course. Shutting down and restricting access to a Trump course is much more difficult
Trump shuts down the course when he plays? You wouldn't think he'd want to do that to his cash cow every weekend. When the Japanese PM was there, he didn't shut down the dining room. Lots of club members in the room.

Part of the reason for his visits to FL is he's receiving guests in a pleasant setting as part of his job as president. Obama received guests at rented compounds, charged to God only knows who.

Damn, and we spent hundreds of millions of dollars to make the white house so impressive to guests. Will Trump be holding state dinners at Mar-a-lago from now on?

I'm sure Trump is not providing free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. How much profit does Trump get off of these "guests"?
I'm guessing Trump DOES provide free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. If he is using Mar a Lago as the "Winter White House," he's got to play the game. We don't charge them for visiting the WH, do we?

OMG! They rented a hotel room! That's illegal!
You frikkin moron
Where were you when the state dept bought 70K copies of obamas book?

You frikkin moron
It wouldn't be proper to charge the Chinese contingent for rooms on a state visit. That's extremely poor taste and since it's a Trump property it is also against the law.

You frikkin moron
It wouldn't be proper to charge the Chinese contingent for rooms on a state visit. That's extremely poor taste and since it's a Trump property it is also against the law.
I agree with the first sentence.
I don't think its against the law. Foreign leaders renting a room doesn't violate the emolument clause.

You frikkin moron
I don't think its against the law. Foreign leaders renting a room doesn't violate the emolument clause.
I dunno, TN. If the property belongs to Trump, he is clearly profiting from holding the state visit there if he plans to charge the hangers on for their lodging. The hangers on like security can't go stay at the Days Inn down the road the way the press do. They HAVE to be available to the head of state. So at least those who have no choice should stay free, or Trump would be violating the emolument clause.

You frikkin moron
I dunno, TN. If the property belongs to Trump, he is clearly profiting from holding the state visit there if he plans to charge the hangers on for their lodging. The hangers on like security can't go stay at the Days Inn down the road the way the press do. They HAVE to be available to the head of state. So at least those who have no choice should stay free, or Trump would be violating the emolument clause.
Hotel rooms are a fixed rate. There is isn't anything being negotiated or put in favor of. Basically, the hotel room rate has nothing to do with his office. It is fixed. The same for everyone. However, there is no judicial precedent on this.
Also, he stated all hotel profits from foreign govts would be donated to the treasury.

I'm guessing Trump DOES provide free food and lodging to the Chinese and required security forces. If he is using Mar a Lago as the "Winter White House," he's got to play the game. We don't charge them for visiting the WH, do we?

From what I saw in the campaign, The campaign was billed for using Trump facilities

Mar a Lago is not a private residence but a resort

Turning away paying customers without compensation does not seem very Trump like

You frikkin moron
Hotel rooms are a fixed rate. There is isn't anything being negotiated or put in favor of. Basically, the hotel room rate has nothing to do with his office. It is fixed. The same for everyone. However, there is no judicial precedent on this.
Also, he stated all hotel profits from foreign govts would be donated to the treasury.

Trump has yet to donate those profits

You frikkin moron

You don't see the conflict of interest on this one?

Last edited:

Trump is not providing those things. The US taxpayer is supplying them with that, and since it's Trump's property, he's getting paid.

How much did it cost for Obama to go golfing? I'm sure it was in the millions every time.

How many were at a military course within a few minutes of the whitehouse. Still no link?

Most of Obama's rounds of golf were at nearby Andrews Air Force Base. It was easier to land a helicopter and restrict access to the base. Plus, Obama I not a millionaire golfer demanding the finest facilities in order to play. He just liked to go out on the course and hit the ball
Trump, on the other hand would not play Andrews. It does not meet the standards of an elite Trump golf course. Shutting down and restricting access to a Trump course is much more difficult
Trump shuts down the course when he plays? You wouldn't think he'd want to do that to his cash cow every weekend. When the Japanese PM was there, he didn't shut down the dining room. Lots of club members in the room.

No, Trump doesn't shut down his business, but many businesses near by are shut down. A nearby airport, lots of adjoining streets, and the businesses on them. Since it is near the beach, the coastguard is called in to restrict and patrol much of that area. There is a large financial loss when the president and his guests are there. We pay for that.

No, but that is the purpose of the White House. It was designed with security and all those other things required for a state visit in mind. Trump's resort is reimbursed for all those things, and the money goes directly in his pocket.

No, Trump doesn't shut down his business, but many businesses near by are shut down. A nearby airport, lots of adjoining streets, and the businesses on them. Since it is near the beach, the coastguard is called in to restrict and patrol much of that area. There is a large financial loss when the president and his guests are there. We pay for that.
Some businesses in that area will go out of business due to his frequent trips down here.

You frikkin moron

Since it's Trump's property, and he is paid for it, that's just another of the many conflicts of interest he has.

No, but that is the purpose of the White House. It was designed with security and all those other things required for a state visit in mind. Trump's resort is reimbursed for all those things, and the money goes directly in his pocket.
so are you saying he is upcharging the reimbursements?

You frikkin moron

Since it's Trump's property, and he is paid for it, that's just another of the many conflicts of interest he has.

So Trump profits from deciding to have it a Mar a Lago instead of the White House

so are you saying he is upcharging the reimbursements?

Hadn't thought about that, but since he can greatly increase the income of his own resort by choosing to entertain state visits there instead of the White House, every penny of income the resort receives from those visits is a conflict of interest.

Forum List

Back