Pull Back the Curtain on PBS and NPR Salaries

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
PaulaKerger2011SummerTCATourDay4JZH2n6T9N0ul-640x350.jpg

That’ll Convince You Trump’s Right to Cut, Cut, Cut!

You won’t believe the obscene salaries of PBS and NPR higher ups. PBS pays their president a $632,233 yearly salary. This is shocking but here’s another one: Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513!

How in the hell can this be condoned at taxpayer expense? For the Lefturds, it's okay.

More @ PULL BACK THE CURTAIN ON NPR AND PBS SALARIES! That'll Convince You Trump's Right to Cut, Cut, Cut! » 100percentfedUp.com

I am more disturbed by what they repeatedly call news and several of their "sponsors". It's some sad shit when you have to tell your kid that he can't use any of their articles as a valid source.

PaulaKerger2011SummerTCATourDay4JZH2n6T9N0ul-640x350.jpg

You won’t believe the obscene salaries of PBS and NPR higher ups. PBS pays their president a $632,233 yearly salary. This is shocking but here’s another one: Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513!

How in the hell can this be condoned at taxpayer expense? For the Lefturds, it's okay.

More @ PULL BACK THE CURTAIN ON NPR AND PBS SALARIES! That'll Convince You Trump's Right to Cut, Cut, Cut! » 100percentfedUp.com

Trump wants a 54 BILLION dollar increase in defense spending.

The CEO of Boeing makes about 12 million a year.

The average federal taxpayer pays about $1.50 a year towards public broadcasting.

I hereby volunteer to sponsor ONE Rightwing taxpayer for TEN years, to cover their tax bill to PBS - that's $15.00

on the ONE condition that they promise to shut up about public broadcasting for the duration of that 10 years.

Any takers?

The average federal taxpayer pays about $1.50 a year towards public broadcasting.

I hereby volunteer to sponsor ONE Rightwing taxpayer for TEN years, to cover their tax bill to PBS - that's $15.00

on the ONE condition that they promise to shut up about public broadcasting for the duration of that 10 years.

Any takers?
If it is so miminal they won't mind losing it!

Yawn...

a six figure salary for an organization with 350 affiliated stations doesn't sound that unreasonable to me.

Compared to the CEO of Cigna, who got a $106,000,000 severance package.

Or the CEO of GM, who got a $12,000,000 salary right before he needed the government to bail out his company.

That said, I think PBS should forgo government spending and just rely on contributions.

But don't be surprised when the first thing they cut are those stations in the Red States where the Commercial Networks don't even bother.

I am more disturbed by what they repeatedly call news and several of their "sponsors". It's some sad shit when you have to tell your kid that he can't use any of their articles as a valid source.

Their reports are always meticulously documented and well supported. If you prefer to believe Alex Jones instead, that's your problem.

Very good OP. This is actually the case with ANY program the government funds and here's another thing... The more "virtuous" the program, the worse the problem is.

Here's an example.... We can pretty much all agree the Veteran's Administration is a "virtuous and good" government program. No one in their right mind wants to cut government funding for the VA. If a bill comes up in Congress to increase funding for the VA, everyone votes for it.... no one opposes it.... that would be politically suicidal. Over time, what happens is, the people in traditionally high salary positions keep getting huge raises that go unchecked because government has no competition, they're not accountable to stockholders and don't really have to budget expenses.

Do some research on which Federal employees have the highest salaries in your state. With the exception of a few states where there is a high Federal departmental presence, it's usually surgeons or administrators at the VA hospital in your state. Not knocking the VA, it's just an example of why government programs are much less efficient than private sector.

Here's the thing. there are parts of the country where PBS and NPR are the only TV and Radio they have. Like the part of Wisconsin where I vacation at, where the nearest commercial TV station is 90 miles away, and you can't get good reception.

Back in the bad old days, when I foolishly vote Republican, I used to argue that if TLC and Discovery could make it on commercials, then PBS should get off its high horse and have commercials, too.

Now the Discovery Channel has shows like Naked and Afraid (that proves if you take two people and make them wander around the woods naked, they are going to be miserable. Who knew!) and TLC has shows like Honey Boo-Boo. (At least until Momma June started hanging around with registered sex offenders.)

Let's be honest, the reason we are all stuck with Cheeto Jesus right now is because the News Stations thought he was good for ratings...

Do some research on which Federal employees have the highest salaries in your state. With the exception of a few states where there is a high Federal departmental presence, it's usually surgeons or administrators at the VA hospital in your state. Not knocking the VA, it's just an example of why government programs are much less efficient than private sector.

Dumbass, no one is going to get rich working for the VA.

The reason why the VA is in trouble is because we are in Year 16 of the Endless War.

Any takers?

Every state in the Union, including the most conservative ones, support public broadcasting.

That a loudmouth minority of RW nutcases don't should be ignored.

Any takers?

Every state in the Union, including the most conservative ones, support public broadcasting.

That a loudmouth minority of RW nutcases don't should be ignored.
Yes, you may support them by contributions and by buying their products!

Why would a taxpayer be required to subsidize HBO?

They aren't.

They are sudsidizing showing an HBO program to a rural community that can't get cable. Or commercial broadcast TV, for that matter.
That is just silly! Is there anything on earth the taxpayer should not be on the hook for? You would justify the taxpayer paying HBO to make money on their programs and then you whine about corporate welfare! Libtards are a strange bunch!

Forum List

Back