"If it's good enough for God, good enough for me"-Palin

What is that smell?

Ohhhh yea..... desperation.

I'm with ya Cali. I mean, I know Sarah is desperate to explain away writing on her hand like a 5th grader, but comparing herself to GOD?? That is COMPLETE desperation. Just wait until the religious fanatics on the right get hold of THIS one. What a stupid little bitch...

What is that smell?

Ohhhh yea..... desperation.

I'm with ya Cali. I mean, I know Sarah is desperate to explain away writing on her hand like a 5th grader, but comparing herself to GOD?? That is COMPLETE desperation. Just wait until the religious fanatics on the right get hold of THIS one. What a stupid little bitch...

No, the religious fanatics won't go after her. Why? When she delivered this line, she was at a pro-life rally, known stomping grounds of the religious fanatic.

All she'll have to do is jiggle a bit, wink, say 'you betcha', and they'll forget any gaffes she's made over the past week.

At least, it worked for her when she screwed the pooch as a VP candidate. Hmmm.....wonder if christian conservatives are as easily distracted as the GOP?

Seems that when Sarah Palin the Wasilla Chihuahua went to a pro life conference this weekend, she gave a speech.

During that speech, when asked about the writing on her hand, she quoted Isiah, where God states that He wrote people's names on His Hand to remember them.

She then stated that if it was good enough for God, it was good enough for her. She came very close to blasphemy.

Wonder why the Christian right isn't crawling all over her for this?

Sarah Palin has offered up a new excuse for using her hand to scribble crib notes – God did it, too.

The former Alaskan governor was speaking at an Ohio Right to Life fund-raiser last week when she addressed the palm-writing incident that occurred at a Tea Party convention last month and earned her so much media mockery.

"I didn't [at the time] have a good answer to that criticism because I thought it was so ridiculous," Palin told the nearly 3,000 people at the event.

But now the 46-year-old GOP star has her response:

"If it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me," Palin said to cheers from the crowd, who laughed along with her.

She cited a line from the Bible as part of her remarks, which she said a supporter had sent her.

The passage, Isaiah 49:16, says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

"I’m in good company," Palin said.

The one-time vice presidential candidate became late night fodder for writing "Energy," "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" on her palm for the Tea Party event. She even drew jabs from White House spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Palin has since made light of the incident, poking fun at it during her appearance last week on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

[email protected]

Sarah Palin defends writing notes on her hand - God did it, why can't I?

Sarah can do that because she is a saint.

Why does the GOP continually mis-use Bible verses?

Remember when Bush Jr. put them on Pentagon briefing papers?

What I'm saying here.......if Palin can't understand the context of the Bible, how the fuck is she going to understand the context of treaties and laws?

Go ahead.......tell us all how great she is. I'll wait.

She can't fit that info on her hand....it's a hopeless situation.

Wow. If this is all they've got to on Sarah, it sure ain't much.

Really - this hyper-insane focus is not serving the cause of those who dislike her.

So keep it!

She wasn't comparing herself to God, you nitwits. She was saying if God instructed people to do it then it was ok to do.

If this is the best thing you've got on her, you're really hurting.

Seems that when Sarah Palin the Wasilla Chihuahua went to a pro life conference this weekend, she gave a speech.

During that speech, when asked about the writing on her hand, she quoted Isiah, where God states that He wrote people's names on His Hand to remember them.

She then stated that if it was good enough for God, it was good enough for her. She came very close to blasphemy.

Sarah Palin has offered up a new excuse for using her hand to scribble crib notes – God did it, too.

The former Alaskan governor was speaking at an Ohio Right to Life fund-raiser last week when she addressed the palm-writing incident that occurred at a Tea Party convention last month and earned her so much media mockery.

"I didn't [at the time] have a good answer to that criticism because I thought it was so ridiculous," Palin told the nearly 3,000 people at the event.

"If it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me," Palin said to cheers from the crowd, who laughed along with her.

She cited a line from the Bible as part of her remarks, which she said a supporter had sent her.

The passage, Isaiah 49:16, says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

The one-time vice presidential candidate became late night fodder for writing "Energy," "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" on her palm for the Tea Party event. She even drew jabs from White House spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Palin has since made light of the incident, poking fun at it during her appearance last week on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

[email protected]

Congrats!

crusaderfrank-albums-pds-victims-picture1353-user18625-pic1321-1266418812.jpg

Last edited:
She profits from victimhood. It serves her well to keep bringing this up, because it incites more attacks on her, which riles up her cult.

She profits from victimhood. It serves her well to keep bringing this up, because it incites more attacks on her, which riles up her cult.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktTFtqK_XwQ]YouTube - Gibbs Lends Palin A Hand[/ame]

Boy, you guys are really stretching for ANYTHING to bash Sarah Palin these days huh? As some who actually understand what she said have pointed out, Isiaiah, a prophet, is speaking what God tells him to speak which included Isaiah 49:15-16: ". . .I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. . . ."

Sarah being blasphemous? I think not. Writing reminders on the palms of the hand is a valid metaphor and action.

Geez, I wonder if any of you guys blasting her have done your homework enough to articulate a valid argument criticizing one of her political views or observations?

Or is attacking her personally all you've got?

She wasn't comparing herself to God, you nitwits. She was saying if God instructed people to do it then it was ok to do.

If this is the best thing you've got on her, you're really hurting.

You ain't much of a Christian either, because you didn't read the verse and the context it was written in, in a post by Oscar Wao.

If you had, you would understand that it was God speaking to the city of Jerusalem after it's destruction, stating that He would carve your (Jerusalem's) name on my hands. Then, He stated that "your walls will always be before Me", meaning the walls of the city.

Not instructing people to write crap on their hands.

Nice........now I know why you and I have theological differences. You're retarded.

No, it's because your biblical knoweldge is seriously skewed, but you insist on posting as if you know what you're talking about.

[email protected]

She did not call herself god dingle goof. Only pharisees are the one's who get all whacked out when a believer relates themselves with something written of God. Believers understand that they were created in His image and most rely on and relate that written Word in their lives daily. Hell, the pharisees hated Jesus and called him a blasphemer for being the son of God. Where does your outrage over a reference to Scripture fit you into the whole scheme of things?

"The sky is falling! Too many people like Sarah."

Believers don't understand.......they believe! That's why they call it 'faith'. Since pharisees are Jewish, are you trying to say that he is a Jew?

Believers don't understand.......they believe! That's why they call it 'faith'. Since pharisees are Jewish, are you trying to say that he is a Jew?

You're saying Yeshua (Jesus) wasn't Jewish?

Really?

Forum List

Back