"If it's good enough for God, good enough for me"-Palin

Seems that when Sarah Palin the Wasilla Chihuahua went to a pro life conference this weekend, she gave a speech.

During that speech, when asked about the writing on her hand, she quoted Isiah, where God states that He wrote people's names on His Hand to remember them.

She then stated that if it was good enough for God, it was good enough for her. She came very close to blasphemy.

Wonder why the Christian right isn't crawling all over her for this?

Sarah Palin has offered up a new excuse for using her hand to scribble crib notes – God did it, too.

The former Alaskan governor was speaking at an Ohio Right to Life fund-raiser last week when she addressed the palm-writing incident that occurred at a Tea Party convention last month and earned her so much media mockery.

"I didn't [at the time] have a good answer to that criticism because I thought it was so ridiculous," Palin told the nearly 3,000 people at the event.

But now the 46-year-old GOP star has her response:

"If it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me," Palin said to cheers from the crowd, who laughed along with her.

She cited a line from the Bible as part of her remarks, which she said a supporter had sent her.

The passage, Isaiah 49:16, says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

"I’m in good company," Palin said.

The one-time vice presidential candidate became late night fodder for writing "Energy," "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" on her palm for the Tea Party event. She even drew jabs from White House spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Palin has since made light of the incident, poking fun at it during her appearance last week on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

[email protected]

Sarah Palin defends writing notes on her hand - God did it, why can't I?

she quoted Isiah Thomas?

Oh no...we mentioned the word God. Oh no...we mentioned it in a context not involving any legislation that would even involve the constitutional powers of the government. Oh no...we mentioned God in a private non-public non-legally binding way that has no effect on my ability to practice my religion as I see fit. Oh no...the christians are coming!...the christians are coming!

What should we do? What should we do!

Answer: consult communist manifesto and channel Karl Marx so we can get his advice about what to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back