"If it's good enough for God, good enough for me"-Palin

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems that when Sarah Palin the Wasilla Chihuahua went to a pro life conference this weekend, she gave a speech.

During that speech, when asked about the writing on her hand, she quoted Isiah, where God states that He wrote people's names on His Hand to remember them.

She then stated that if it was good enough for God, it was good enough for her. She came very close to blasphemy.

Wonder why the Christian right isn't crawling all over her for this?

Sarah Palin has offered up a new excuse for using her hand to scribble crib notes – God did it, too.

The former Alaskan governor was speaking at an Ohio Right to Life fund-raiser last week when she addressed the palm-writing incident that occurred at a Tea Party convention last month and earned her so much media mockery.

"I didn't [at the time] have a good answer to that criticism because I thought it was so ridiculous," Palin told the nearly 3,000 people at the event.

But now the 46-year-old GOP star has her response:

"If it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me," Palin said to cheers from the crowd, who laughed along with her.

She cited a line from the Bible as part of her remarks, which she said a supporter had sent her.

The passage, Isaiah 49:16, says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

"I’m in good company," Palin said.

The one-time vice presidential candidate became late night fodder for writing "Energy," "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" on her palm for the Tea Party event. She even drew jabs from White House spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Palin has since made light of the incident, poking fun at it during her appearance last week on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

[email protected]

Sarah Palin defends writing notes on her hand - God did it, why can't I?

Interestingly enough, God wasn't talking about people per se, He was talking about Jerusalem and the Israelites.

You know........Palin would do good to actually research what things are saying before she spews them into the air....

Isaiah 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

New International Version (©1984)
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

New Living Translation (©2007)
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem's walls in ruins.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. Your walls are always in my presence.

King James Bible
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

American King James Version
Behold, I have graven you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.

American Standard Version
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Bible in Basic English
See, your name is marked on my hands; your walls are ever before me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Behold, I have graven thee in my hands: thy walls are always before my eyes.

Darby Bible Translation
Lo, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.

Young's Literal Translation
Lo, on the palms of the hand I have graven thee, Thy walls are before Me continually.

Seems that when Sarah Palin the Wasilla Chihuahua went to a pro life conference this weekend, she gave a speech.

During that speech, when asked about the writing on her hand, she quoted Isiah, where God states that He wrote people's names on His Hand to remember them.

She then stated that if it was good enough for God, it was good enough for her. She came very close to blasphemy.

Wonder why the Christian right isn't crawling all over her for this?

Sarah Palin has offered up a new excuse for using her hand to scribble crib notes – God did it, too.

The former Alaskan governor was speaking at an Ohio Right to Life fund-raiser last week when she addressed the palm-writing incident that occurred at a Tea Party convention last month and earned her so much media mockery.

"I didn't [at the time] have a good answer to that criticism because I thought it was so ridiculous," Palin told the nearly 3,000 people at the event.

But now the 46-year-old GOP star has her response:

"If it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me," Palin said to cheers from the crowd, who laughed along with her.

She cited a line from the Bible as part of her remarks, which she said a supporter had sent her.

The passage, Isaiah 49:16, says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

"I’m in good company," Palin said.

The one-time vice presidential candidate became late night fodder for writing "Energy," "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" on her palm for the Tea Party event. She even drew jabs from White House spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Palin has since made light of the incident, poking fun at it during her appearance last week on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

[email protected]

Sarah Palin defends writing notes on her hand - God did it, why can't I?

She did not call herself god dingle goof. Only pharisees are the one's who get all whacked out when a believer relates themselves with something written of God. Believers understand that they were created in His image and most rely on and relate that written Word in their lives daily. Hell, the pharisees hated Jesus and called him a blasphemer for being the son of God. Where does your outrage over a reference to Scripture fit you into the whole scheme of things?

"The sky is falling! Too many people like Sarah."

Hey RodISHI, God wasn't talking about people, he was talking about the city of Jerusalem. Read the Bible verses I'd posted for you dolt.

Besides........people don't have walls.

Hey RodISHI, God wasn't talking about people, he was talking about the city of Jerusalem. Read the Bible verses I'd posted for you dolt.

Besides........people don't have walls.
I already have a good teacher. I'll pass on your suggestions. Thanks anyhow.

FYI, your indignation is misplaced.

Why does the GOP continually mis-use Bible verses?

Remember when Bush Jr. put them on Pentagon briefing papers?

What I'm saying here.......if Palin can't understand the context of the Bible, how the fuck is she going to understand the context of treaties and laws?

Go ahead.......tell us all how great she is. I'll wait.

Rob's right. If you read the entire passage and put that verse in context with it, Isaiah is speaking of a restoration of Israel (Jews and believers) in the distant future.

Last edited:
Rob's right. If you read the entire passage and put that verse in context with it, Isaiah is speaking of a restoration of Israel (Jews and believers) in the distant future.

Yeah.........and Palin can't believe that as a good Pentacostal, because hey.......it was the Jews that killed Yeshua (Jesus).

Like I said, it's little slips like this that make me wonder why anyone would consider Palin as presidential material.

Here's a passage from Isaiah 49:

8Thus says the LORD:(Q) "In a(R) time of favor I have answered you;
in a day of salvation I have helped you;
I will keep you(S) and give you
as a covenant to the people
to establish the land,
(T) to apportion the desolate heritages,
9(U) saying to the prisoners, 'Come out,'
to those who are in darkness, 'Appear.'
(V) They shall feed along the ways;
on all bare heights shall be their pasture;
10(W) they shall not hunger or thirst,
neither scorching wind nor sun shall strike them,
for he who has pity on them(X) will lead them,
and by springs of water will guide them.
11(Y) And I will make all my mountains a road,
and my highways shall be raised up.
12(Z) Behold, these shall come from afar,
and behold,(AA) these from the north and from the west,[b]
and these from the land of Syene."[c]

13(AB) Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth;
break forth, O mountains, into singing!
For the LORD(AC) has comforted his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted.

14But Zion said,(AD) "The LORD has forsaken me;
my Lord has forgotten me." 15(AE) "Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.
16Behold,(AF) I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are continually before me.
17Your builders make haste;[d]
(AG) your destroyers and those who laid you waste go out from you.
18(AH) Lift up your eyes around and see;
they all gather, they come to you.
(AI) As I live, declares the LORD,
(AJ) you shall put them all on as an ornament;
you shall bind them on as a bride does.
Emphases mine.

Many Christians intrepret the bible to fit with their desired results.
It is a function of religion it seems.
Good or bad depending on your view that we do not still stone unfaithful wives to death.

Religion is a tool to many.

Last edited:
Ah! Sarah the Psychic! Madam Sarah the Palm Reader!

If she keeps picking at that scab, neither will those of us with the intelligence to see she is not worthy of the presidency. Hell! She's not worthy to be the night manager at Wendy's!

PF-crystal-ball_1114702c.jpg

PDS (Palin Derangement Syndrome) is pretty funny. Don't these people know how crazy they sound? Yikes!

Many Christians intrepret the bible to fit with their desired results.
It is a function of religion it seems.
Good or bad depending on your view that we do not still stone unfaithful wives to death.

Religion is a tool to many.

It's the opiate of the masses.

Wait a minute....

Is she claiming that GOD needs crib notes????

You know......I wondered about that myself (at least until I looked up the passage), and thought just one thing........

If God Himself needs crib notes, then that means that His Memory is fallible.

I thought God was perfect, not some dumb bitch known as the Wasilla Chihuahua.

Forum List

Back