Dan Rather: 'Articulate' Obama Couldn't even 'Sell Watermelons'.

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
That's according to Dan Rather on Chris Matthews's Hardball today when discussing Obama trying to sell his Health Care Plan. Will the MSM call him a racist for saying this? One thing is true and that is Dan Rather is right.

Dan Rather: 'Articulate' Obama Couldn't Even 'Sell Watermelons' | NewsBusters.org

HDNet's Dan Rather stepped on one mine after another in the racial minefield that exists when talking about the nation's first black President as the former CBS anchor, on the syndicated Chris Matthews Show on March 8th, uttered the following take on the President's ability to get health care passed and how the GOP and independents would view it.

DAN RATHER: Part of the undertow in the coming election is going to be President Obama's leadership. And the Republicans will make a case and a lot of independents will buy this argument. "Listen he just hasn't been, look at the health care bill. It was his number one priority. It took him forever to get it through and he had to compromise it to death." And a version of, "Listen he's a nice person, he's very articulate" this is what's been used against him, "but he couldn't sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic."

Good grief. What the hell is the matter with people? I totally agree with the sentiment but that is just downright offensive.

I believe that Dan Rather meant it in the context that he was speaking through a Conservative mind set. When did he become spokesman for the Conservative movement? He surely doesn't speak for me.

I believe that Dan Rather meant it in the context that he was speaking through a Conservative mind set. When did he become spokesman for the Conservative movement? He surely doesn't speak for me.
faf0959ab3f3d574483715adebcc456f.jpg

I guess what he said flew right over the heads of some rightwingers. It was an idictment on Republicans.

That's according to Dan Rather on Chris Matthews's Hardball today when discussing Obama trying to sell his Health Care Plan. Will the MSM call him a racist for saying this? One thing is true and that is Dan Rather is right.

Dan Rather: 'Articulate' Obama Couldn't Even 'Sell Watermelons' | NewsBusters.org

Can you imagine if a Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc., said that??? They would be labeled as racists, asked to apologize and resign their jobs.

Handy that Rather was already fired?

Rather was basically accusing all people opposed to health cares as racist people.

Holy Chit! Dan Blather strikes again. To think people once considered him a real journalist? I guess the same can be said of Chris "Thrill up my Leg" Matthews too. The Liberal Media really is a joke. I think most common sense thinking Americans now understand this.

HDNet's Dan Rather stepped on one mine after another in the racial minefield that exists when talking about the nation's first black President as the former CBS anchor, on the syndicated Chris Matthews Show on March 8th, uttered the following take on the President's ability to get health care passed and how the GOP and independents would view it.

DAN RATHER: Part of the undertow in the coming election is going to be President Obama's leadership. And the Republicans will make a case and a lot of independents will buy this argument. "Listen he just hasn't been, look at the health care bill. It was his number one priority. It took him forever to get it through and he had to compromise it to death." And a version of, "Listen he's a nice person, he's very articulate" this is what's been used against him, "but he couldn't sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic."
How many message boards for this one?

Forum List

Back