If I were the Devil - Paul Harvey

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This commentary by Paul Harvey on the politics of the Devil is a reflection of politics in America today. I believe Paul Harvey nailed it with his assessment of what it would take for evil to destroy America. Watch this video and see if you can identify the prophetic nature of this political commentary. Thanks for watching!

Clip from the intro:

Dear American Citizen: Most would agree the reach of the Federal Government is simply too big, and has lacked true accountability by the press......

see video for explanation -

Last edited:
If I were the Devil, I'd wonder why the guy who killed millions of people, including babies in the great flood, or the first born in Egypt, and then spent thousands of years torturing my "Chosen" people, is considered "Good".

While I only killed 10 people on a bar bet with this guy, and I'm considered "Evil".

If I were the Devil, I'd start a radio show where the content was so closely intertwined with the commercials that the listener could barely tell which was which,

and I'd make millions on that scam.

(you need to have heard him to get it)

It's funny how these so-called Conservative Christians rant incessantly about 'big government',

while at the same time they place all their faith and hope on getting to the KINGDOM of heaven.

If I were the Devil I would create a thousand (million?) distractions as to keep folks minds off of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I'd create alliances with anyone and everyone who had a hatred or grudge against Christ. I'd lie to, cheat, steal from, and deceive the masses as a matter of routine. I'd convince the vulnerable, the foolish, the gullible, and the short-sighted that God doesn't exist and that they could be their own "gods." I'd promise power and riches to them who would follow my rebellious lead.

If I were the Devil, I'd wonder why the guy who killed millions of people, including babies in the great flood, or the first born in Egypt, and then spent thousands of years torturing my "Chosen" people, is considered "Good".

While I only killed 10 people on a bar bet with this guy, and I'm considered "Evil".
Who did the devil actually kill? We know he tempted people, but how many were slaughtered?

Who did the devil actually kill? We know he tempted people, but how many were slaughtered?

His whole job is to deceive folks into rejecting or rebelling against God. God promised, from the beginning, that a rejection of His grace and set of morals would result in death. People get to choose: God or Satan! It's that simple. Don't complain when you get the corresponding reward promised.

Joshua 24:15, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

His whole job is to deceive folks into rejecting or rebelling against God. God promised, from the beginning, that a rejection of His grace and set of morals would result in death. People get to choose: God or Satan! It's that simple. Don't complain when you get the corresponding reward promised.

Joshua 24:15, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
So

God wipes out millions of people for reasons only he knows and the devil is guilty of deceiving

So, after God killed the first born of Egypt, it would be the Devils fault for "deceiving" Egyptians and telling them it was God who killed them

In the book of Job, he kills Job's ten children.

Isn't that kind of like Kim Jong-Il saying, "Accept my leadership, or go to a gulag, and you have no one to blame but yourself if you end up there?"

The Kim Jong Il/Jesus Christ comparison isn't really a fair one, since we all know the Korean twerp actually existed outside the realm of the religious fiction that surrounded his persona. The Jesus character of common Christian folklore ...not so much. I mean, credit where credit is due, mainstream Christian beliefs are infinitely more mindless than those of the average Korean citizen under the reign of KJI!

Satan is the Father of every lie, every false religion including Communism, Nazism, Paganism, Mormonism, Islam, Catholicism, Satanism, Hinduism, Humanism, Evolutionism and the rest. You do the math, R.W..

As for judging God? I wouldn't.

Satan is the Father of every lie, every false religion including Communism, Nazism, Paganism, Mormonism, Islam, Catholicism, Satanism, Hinduism, Humanism, Evolutionism and the rest. You do the math, R.W..

You must be a hoot to have at Thanksgiving.

Tell us, what is the One True Religion, and sect please?

Last edited:
This commentary by Paul Harvey on the politics of the Devil is a reflection of politics in America today. I believe Paul Harvey nailed it with his assessment of what it would take for evil to destroy America. Watch this video and see if you can identify the prophetic nature of this political commentary. Thanks for watching!

Clip from the intro:

Dear American Citizen: Most would agree the reach of the Federal Government is simply too big, and has lacked true accountability by the press......

see video for explanation -

Amazing prescience. Today's preoccupation with Zombies is a harbinger of tomorrow's gated and guarded communities...

Tell us, what is the On True Religion, and sect please?

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life and the Bible is not a "sect", PaintMyHouse. You must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven. That is what Jesus told Nicodemus - who was Jewish - now let me ask you a question. If you can only enter heaven through being born again - receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and obeying Him through His Written Word - the Bible - what significance does any religion have that does not strictly adhere to that truth and preach it from the Holy Bible?

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life and the Bible is not a "sect", PaintMyHouse. You must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven. That is what Jesus told Nicodemus - who was Jewish - now let me ask you a question. If you can only enter heaven through being born again - receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and obeying Him through His Written Word - the Bible - what significance does any religion have that does not strictly adhere to that truth and preach it from the Holy Bible?

And how many other religions did you test out before deciding this?

Here's my bet, you were raised a Christian. How lucky for you that One True Religion, out of all the religions in the history of mankind, just happens to be the one you were raised in? That is very convenient for you, very.

And how many other religions did you test out before deciding this?

Here's my bet, you were raised a Christian. How lucky for you that One True Religion, out of all the religions in the history of mankind, just happens to be the one you were raised in? That is very convenient for you, very.

Here's my bet, you were raised a Christian. How unlucky for you that this One Religion, out of all the religions in the history of mankind, just happens to be the one you blame for all of life's vicissitudes? That is very convenient for you, very.

Forum List

Back