If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and just, then why do ignorant kids suffer?

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
I ask how there can be suffering on Earth if there is an all-powerful, all-knowing, and just God. I am told that there is free will and that people must choose to believe in Jesus. If that is the case, then what becomes of children who suffer and die without having been given information about Jesus? More importantly, why would such a God allow innocent children to suffer in agony and pain such as this kid did?

Such a child does not have free will in the practical sense. He probably did not even get a chance to learn about Jesus. Luckily he survived.

nilgunyalcin_childvulture.jpg

I ask how there can be suffering on Earth if there is an all-powerful, all-knowing, and just God....

C'mon. I think we know you've already answered that question, eh?

Who constitutes "we"?

I doubt that a God can be all-powerful, all-knowing, and just at the same time. Yet, I am not confident in my opinion. I am still looking for a logical and convincing answer and/or explanation. As I see it, either I have a faulty premise or such a God can't exist.

I ask how there can be suffering on Earth if there is an all-powerful, all-knowing, and just God....

Who constitutes "we"?

I doubt that a God can be all-powerful, all-knowing, and just at the same time. Yet, I am not confident in my opinion. I am still looking for a logical and convincing answer and/or explanation. As I see it, either I have a faulty premise or such a God can't exist.

Ayup.

Who constitutes "we"?

We have a winner.

*sigh*

B/c if there was not suffering like this, people, like you, would scream there is no god on a bad hair day.

God forsaked us in the 80's!!

My skate board broke!! THERE IS NO GOD!!

on and on

Life's hard, I suggest you grow up and get used to it, or go out and do something about it like many religous groups do.

I ask how there can be suffering on Earth if there is an all-powerful, all-knowing, and just God. I am told that there is free will and that people must choose to believe in Jesus. If that is the case, then what becomes of children who suffer and die without having been given information about Jesus? More importantly, why would such a God allow innocent children to suffer in agony and pain such as this kid did?

Such a child does not have free will in the practical sense. He probably did not even get a chance to learn about Jesus. Luckily he survived.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. 

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus (341–270 B.C.)

hmm

no, no personal responsibility from the parents is expeced. It's gods fault they aren't able to feed themselves properly.

Oh yeah, nice photoshop. buzzards don't get that close to people.

hmm

no, no personal responsibility from the parents is expeced. It's gods fault they aren't able to feed themselves properly.

please dont waste food - tribe.net

6d43d2b4-d5d2-40f3-8e57-8d9003e57cd2

The photo in the mail is the Pulitzer prize winning photo taken in 1994 during Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards a United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.

Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

The photographer was Kevin Carter who won a Pulitzer Prize in 1994 for this picture. A few months later after collecting his Pulitzer, Carter committed suicide, the violence he'd encountered in his life as a journalist, especially in South Africa, becoming too much to live with.

You seem to be terribly ignorant of Jesus and Christianity. You have a lot to learn which I'm sure you're willing to rectify. Please let us know your progress from time-to-time.

This does raise a good question, one my 15 year old daughter often asks me. She asks why does God let children starve and suffer in the world? It's a hard question to answer as a Christian, but I tell her about Free Will and that others are trying to help these people.

Why does anythng bad happen to anyone, anywhere? It's called "Life"-and we are here to live it the best way we know how.

If any Christians have a better answer I can tell her, I'd love to hear it. She believes in God, but sometimes she does ask questions that are hard to answer.

hmm

The photo in the mail is the Pulitzer prize winning photo taken in 1994 during Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards a United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.

ok thanks

He probably killed himself b/c he failed to do anything when he could. He could have prevented some suffering but chose not to.

nice

fuck him.

This does raise a good question, one my 15 year old daughter often asks me. She asks why does God let children starve and suffer in the world? It's a hard question to answer as a Christian, but I tell her about Free Will and that others are trying to help these people.

Why does anythng bad happen to anyone, anywhere? It's called "Life"-and we are here to live it the best way we know how.

If any Christians have a better answer I can tell her, I'd love to hear it. She believes in God, but sometimes she does ask questions that are hard to answer.

It's all relative.

Take the pic. It's a starving kid crawling twards food with a buzzard waiting for it to die. That's preatty ruthless, right? The douche that took the pick walked away and didn't help. I'd call that evil.

Now imagine there was no hunger, no war. Bliss right?
wrong.

Bad hair days, ingrown toe nails, accidental deaths would get elevated to why we question god b/c we no longer have worse forms of suffering in the world.

hmm

ok thanks

He probably killed himself b/c he failed to do anything when he could. He could have prevented some suffering but chose not to.

nice

fuck him.
So you admit it wasn't photoshopped!
He says he chased the vulture off after taking the picture and the girl resumed her struggle. But I agree, he should have done more.

We are here to learn about good and evil.
Without sin and evil we would not know the difference.
How mundane life would be without this. Everything the same, all good, nothing to overcome or strive for.How much have we all learned since we were born.Even at birth we start to learn.
In Jeremiah 1:5 it says
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
Our souls were formed at the beginning of all creation.
In Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says
From dust you were formed to dust you will return.
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.
Everything made by God will return to God. That includes all of Nature and all animals.
All babies and little children are returned to God. And in Heaven they will be raised to adults.
When you die as an adult you are judged by God.
Your soul will be in heaven or hades - a dark place with no light or water,a place of torment.

How mundane life would be without this. Everything the same, all good, nothing to overcome or strive for.How much have we all learned since we were born.Even at birth we start to learn.
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
Everything made by God will return to God. That includes all of Nature and all animals.
All babies and little children are returned to God. And in Heaven they will be raised to adults.
Your soul will be in heaven or hades - a dark place with no light or water,a place of torment.
So basically you are saying that heaven will be boring.

ok thanks

nice

fuck him.
So you admit it wasn't photoshopped!
He says he chased the vulture off after taking the picture and the girl resumed her struggle. But I agree, he should have done more.

forgot I need to be specific on the net.

A 6' tall man can see 2 miles befor the curve of the earth takes away the view.

So he could probably see where the camp was.

I wonder how many people asked him;

Do you know the buzzard came back moments after you left?
and
Why didn't you save the kid you lazy fuck?

Just more proof that the media doesn't give a damn. They gave that shit a pulizer

So basically you are saying that heaven will be boring.

How do you get Life on Earth as being boring from Heaven?
Heaven is totally different from living here on Earth.
There is many things mentioned in the Bible of what we will be doing when we get there.
We don't just sit on clouds ,play harps and sit on our hands and knees praying night and day to God.That is what many non believer's thinks will happen but it is not true.

The real question is why do we let children like this suffer when God has given us plenty of resources to take care of ourselves and others.

Forum List

Back