If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like to say natural laws were not existing in (and since) the second planksecond of the universe? Who says so? What's your source?

I'm not a physicist but there are plenty out there who know a lot more about this than either of us. Try googling Lawrence Krauss.

Never heard from him. A you sure he said our natural laws were not existing latest after the first plank-second of the existence of our universe?

I don't know the exact 'planck-seconds' of the timeline.

1,2,3,4,5 ... and so on.

LOL Better to buy a couple books of the leading physicists on the planet and see what they say rather than get that info from an internet message board. All the physicists that I've seen interviewed said the current laws of physics were not active at the big bang. They of course developed after the big bang but again you'll have to go to the experts to get the exact 'planck-second timeline'.

Lawrence Krauss' latest book is A Universe From Nothing. Well worth the read and though it is written for the public it is goes into quite complex issues.

But you did not read this books so you are not able to explain what you say on what reason. Why said you what you said if you don't understand it on your own?

Another Mobius?

Did you read the book from Lawrene Krauss "A Universe From nothing"? By the way: I read also not the book from the philosopher Markus Gabriel: "Warum es die Welt nicht gibt" (=Why the world is not existing) - but I 'fear' I will find lots of 'my' ideas in this book.

Last edited:
Something created space, time, energy, natural laws ... out of nothing. Energy builded matter.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

Exactly. Nevertheless energy is [here]. How is it able to be [here]? Who or what made it - if nothing and no one in our world is able to create or to destroy energy?
Can't be created means can't be made.
Energy IS.

No. Energy was not - then energy was. Time was not - then time was. Space was not - then space was. Natural laws were not - then natural laws were ... this all happened in the longest planksecond of prehistory: the first panksecond.

Last edited:
Did you read the book from Lawrene Krauss "A Universe From nothing"? By the way: I read also not the book from the philosopher Markus Gabriel: "Warum es die Welt nicht gibt" (=Why the world is not existing) - but I 'fear' I will find lots of 'my' ideas in this book.

images

I've read a little of his work but not that particular book. I'll put it on my reading list.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I'm not a physicist but there are plenty out there who know a lot more about this than either of us. Try googling Lawrence Krauss.

Never heard from him. A you sure he said our natural laws were not existing latest after the first plank-second of the existence of our universe?

I don't know the exact 'planck-seconds' of the timeline.

1,2,3,4,5 ... and so on.

LOL Better to buy a couple books of the leading physicists on the planet and see what they say rather than get that info from an internet message board. All the physicists that I've seen interviewed said the current laws of physics were not active at the big bang. They of course developed after the big bang but again you'll have to go to the experts to get the exact 'planck-second timeline'.

Lawrence Krauss' latest book is A Universe From Nothing. Well worth the read and though it is written for the public it is goes into quite complex issues.

But you did not read this books so you are not able to explain what you say on what reason. Why said you what you said if you don't understand it on your own?

Another Mobius?

I did read Lawrence Krauss's book that is why I recommended it. I have not read Markus Gabriel's book. He is a philosopher I believe. Nothing wrong with that at all I read many philosphers.

I'm not into the 'if I dont' think it it doesn't exist' camp. Physical reality exists, thought is only a part of it. I will look for Gabriel's book though, I like to read almost everything I can get my hands on.

Last edited:
...and science holds the answer to all questions....

You proceed from a false assumption. Science doesn't hold the answers; science is a methodology for finding the answers. It's a way of asking the questions that lead to an understanding of just how the universe actually functions without relying on superstition and magic.

You proceed from a false assumption. Science doesn't hold the answers; science is a methodology for finding the answers. It's a way of asking the questions that lead to an understanding of just how the universe actually functions without relying on superstition and magic.

upload_2016-3-13_19-23-50.jpeg

Which false assumption would that be?

That people, such as yourself, glorify science on your sacrificial alter of truth or that you can't answer the question of what kick started the universe in your scientific 'Big Bang' Creation mythology?

*****CHUCKLE******

View attachment 67190

That people, such as yourself, glorify science on your sacrificial alter of truth or that you can't answer the question of what kick started the universe in your scientific 'Big Bang' Creation mythology?

*****CHUCKLE******

I know! It was an old guy with a beard and a magic wand!

Last edited:

View attachment 67190

*****CHUCKLE******

God of the gaps. Just because we can't explain something doesn't mean God did it.

Science deniers are always saying, "were you there 10,000 years ago? So how do you know? Referring to creation vs evolution.

But we're they there 2000 years ago to see someone walk on water?

View attachment 67190

*****CHUCKLE******

I know! It was an old guy with a beard and a magic wand!

I see... So a scientific 'miracle' occurred that just caused the universe to start up all on it's little lonesome and to question that scientific 'miracle' of truth is to incur the belittlement of people such as yourself.

Maybe you should appoint a Pope Of Scientific Truth's and arrange an inquisition team, dressed in red of course, to promote those truths.

*****CHUCKLE******

View attachment 67190

*****CHUCKLE******

God of the gaps. Just because we can't explain something doesn't mean God did it.

Science deniers are always saying, "were you there 10,000 years ago? So how do you know? Referring to creation vs evolution.

But we're they there 2000 years ago to see someone walk on water?

upload_2016-3-13_20-37-34.jpeg

When did I say that I denied science doesn't provide answers?

*****SMILE*****

How does the soul get to heaven? So it leaves the body and stays in tact even though it's not a solid. It travels I assume up into outerspace and then has to leave our solar system? Where is heaven?

People can't accept scientific theories they say science makes no sense to them but then believe there is a place that is located nowhere? Really?

How does the soul get to heaven? So it leaves the body and stays in tact even though it's not a solid. It travels I assume up into outerspace and then has to leave our solar system? Where is heaven?

People can't accept scientific theories they say science makes no sense to them but then believe there is a place that is located nowhere? Really?

Perhaps we all make our own heaven's and hell's.

How do these questions relate to the OP?

Are you having a dilemma of contradictory scientific universal truths with your denial of the existence of God?

*****SMILE*****

Perhaps we all make our own heaven's and hell's.

How do these questions relate to the OP?

Are you having a dilemma of contradictory scientific universal truths with your denial of the existence of God?

*****SMILE*****

Im looking at that video of Dylan. That's the sun behind the clouds, not heaven

Best thing for anyone who has a problem with science, stop using it.[/QUOTE

View attachment 67204

Perhaps those who 'claim' to understand science, and that science holds all the answers, should not be so quick to discount the beliefs of others.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Just, stop, using it. Or post up all the long list of people that have said science holds 'all the answers'. That is another right wing meme.

View attachment 67204

Perhaps those who 'claim' to understand science, and that science holds all the answers, should not be so quick to discount the beliefs of others.

*****CHUCKLE*****

If I tell you an unbelievable story I should be prepared when you call me on it. So what I do is tell people if they don't believe it they'll burn for all eternity. Religion is the greatest bullshit story ever told. Boy did it catch on.

View attachment 67204

*****CHUCKLE*****

Just, stop, using it. Or post up all the long list of people that have said science holds 'all the answers'. That is another right wing meme.

I have no desire to stop utilizing science to answer the questions about my theological beliefs.

If science doesn't hold all your answers then how do you know going in the right direction?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back