If God created the universe, why doesn't the Bible mention astronomical objects like black holes...

The bible DOES mention black holes. Something to the effect that man shouldn't lie with man as he does with woman.
I think they were talking about the space between your ears.
My brain is so massive that it attracts all information and nothing can get by me? Thanks for the complement. :cool:

...pulsars, galaxies, etc.? Would think only referencing the Earth, Sun, and Moon but not so much as the other planets of our own solar system curious. Nor does it seem to mention astronomincal phenomenae like shooting stars as asteroid or comets but uses religious jargon to describe them instead of mundane scientific language.

If God did all this, why isn't it covered in the Bible?

Because it's not important or relevant?
God said, love him and love others...
The Bible is about Jesus (yes, even the Old Testament....) and God's redemptive plan for us.
It's not a textbook.

...pulsars, galaxies, etc.? Would think only referencing the Earth, Sun, and Moon but not so much as the other planets of our own solar system curious. Nor does it seem to mention astronomincal phenomenae like shooting stars as asteroid or comets but uses religious jargon to describe them instead of mundane scientific language.

The Bible is about Jesus (yes, even the Old Testament....) and God's redemptive plan for us.
It's not a textbook.

99.99999999999_9% of God's creation isn't this planet or even solar system. You'd think it'd have gotten covered a bit.

It's not a textbook.

99.99999999999_9% of God's creation isn't this planet or even solar system. You'd think it'd have gotten covered a bit.

Not pertinent.
Focus on Him and others... the rest is just window dressing........

"If God created the universe, why doesn't the Bible mention astronomical objects like black holes"

It is evident why, because the bible was written for a primitive audience, by primitives who had no idea of the universe or science, It was the best explanation they could come up with and attributed things to the "supernatural " The god of the gaps

Anyone who takes the bible literally in this day and age is mentally stunted

"If God created the universe, why doesn't the Bible mention astronomical objects like black holes"

It is evident why, because the bible was written for a primitive audience, by primitives who had no idea of the universe or science, It was the best explanation they could come up with and attributed things to the "supernatural " The god of the gaps

Anyone who takes the bible literally in this day and age is mentally stunted

Anyone that voted for Obama lacks the reasoning to consider anyone mentally stunted. Anyone that voted for him twice is a complete idiot. I suspect you voted for Obama twice or more as you seemingly have no moral base but you have plenty of hate. What's your inspiration?

Remember the primitives thought the earth was flat, that why the 4 corners of the earth was referenced when the primitives wrote the bible, They also though the stars could fall to the earth and thought the sun revolved around the earth, real Low IQ stuff in this day and age for anyone to believe that crap other then mythology

Actually, the learned Egyptians knew the approximate size of the Earth long before Christ.

And if someone travels through this universe he will always be in the middle of the unvierse - because it expands in all directions.

Saw that last night too. :)

That's one of the astonishing qualities of the universe. We know that it is in this way - although we are not able to travel to any point where we can see it.

Part of it is due to how we think of the universe. Easiest to think of it as some kind of balloon where we're inside it. The universe expands so the balloon inflates increasing the space inside. But that's not quite how it works. In fact it's more accurate to think of ourselveson the outisde of the balloon since time-space is curved at every scale. Thus wherever we go, we return to the start, and whereever you choose would be the 'center.'
If that is the case, the actual "center" would be in the dimension into which the universe is expanding, much like the center of a balloon is a point not on the (conceptually) 2 dimensional skin.

What' the dimension of the "something" where the universe expands into - if it is not a nothing at all where god made it to come from, how lots of Christians believe, since a very very long row of centuries? Who knows this? How?

It would be a fourth dimension that we are capable only of discerning indirectly.

It's not a textbook.

Why would it be significant? It's there for us to discover. Why would God give us all the information at the beginning and leave nothing for us to find? That simply doesn't make any sense.

It's not a textbook.

Why would it be significant? It's there for us to discover. Why would God give us all the information at the beginning and leave nothing for us to find? That simply doesn't make any sense.

It's only significant if you don't understand or accept the basic.

You either feel the presence (faith) or you don't, it's that basic.

The bible isn't perfect, I don't see what the big surprise is.

It's not a textbook.

Kind of like, why would God make gay people and tell people to be nice to other people then?

It's not a textbook.

God created everything. But this doesn't mean he forces everything. There are different degrees of freedom. No one is for example able to create or to destroy energy - but everyone is able to kill someone else. You are for example able to convince people not to believe any longer what they believed before they met you. But is this good? Is this bad? If people lose their belief - their trust - in god, then some people for example bomb down world trade centers, because in their eyes god is not using his omniscience and allmightiness in the way they like he should use his omniscience and allmightiness.

Saw that last night too. :)

That's one of the astonishing qualities of the universe. We know that it is in this way - although we are not able to travel to any point where we can see it.

Part of it is due to how we think of the universe. Easiest to think of it as some kind of balloon where we're inside it. The universe expands so the balloon inflates increasing the space inside. But that's not quite how it works. In fact it's more accurate to think of ourselveson the outisde of the balloon since time-space is curved at every scale. Thus wherever we go, we return to the start, and whereever you choose would be the 'center.'
If that is the case, the actual "center" would be in the dimension into which the universe is expanding, much like the center of a balloon is a point not on the (conceptually) 2 dimensional skin.

What' the dimension of the "something" where the universe expands into - if it is not a nothing at all where god made it to come from, how lots of Christians believe, since a very very long row of centuries? Who knows this? How?

It would be a fourth dimension that we are capable only of discerning indirectly.

If an object with four dimensions in space passes our three dimensional world then we should see something like a point becoming a kind of ball and passing away in a point again. This would be comparable with a stone (3D) passing the surface of a sea of water (2D). A point grows to a kind of circle and dissappears again in this case. The situation would look the same if the water moves and the stone stands. So if this idea of an n-dimensional outside of the universe (with n>=4 dimensions in space), where the universe expands into, would be true, then we should see something comparable if this dimensions "outside" are not empty - And if there is an "outside" at all, otherwise it makes no sense to use this word in this context. As far as I know never anyone saw something in this way.

Last edited:
The bible DOES mention black holes. Something to the effect that man shouldn't lie with man as he does with woman.
My brain is so massive that it attracts all information and nothing can get by me? Thanks for the complement. :cool:
Something just did.
C'mon, I caught that with my massive brain, and you can do better than that, instead recycling an old not funny post.

You meant to say ego, right?
Says the old hag who wants someone to piss on her. :D

Actually, I'd like for someone to piss on you ... :cool-45:

No thanks, old lady piss must smell like DEATH!!! :D

No thanks, old lady piss must smell like DEATH!!! :D

I'd rather it be a man anyway.. you know white boys love to do that anyway... (or so I've heard)... ;)

Forum List

Back