The Myth of Millions of Years - Creationist cosmology is full of wormholes

nucular said:
Smartest thing anybody's ever said on this board. Bravo!

Oh yeah. You libs think refusing to make decisions is the height of intellectuality. You mire yourself down in doubt, handwringing and pessismism ("oh no, clearly creating a new committee to investigate is the proper course of action") while the world moves on around you.

rtwngAvngr said:
Oh yeah. You libs think refusing to make decisions is the height of intellectuality. You mire yourself down in doubt, handwringing and pessismism ("oh no, clearly creating a new committee to investigate is the proper course of action") while the world moves on around you.

What is it with you and some others on this board who just troll in order to call people liberals? I am not a liberal. Stick to the discussion.

nucular said:
What is it with you and some others on this board who just troll in order to call people liberals? I am not a liberal. Stick to the discussion.

What's with you, lib? Be honest.

And nixon wasn't a crook.

What's the big deal about the age of the earth? Who cares if it is billions & billions of years old or if it is a thousand, a hundred or formed last night? How will that change the Biblical teachings we have? You either believe the Biblical account or you don't. The fact is when you die it will be revealed, but then for some it will be too late to say, oh! now I get it.

Pale Rider said:
So much science and information, much of what is highly questionable, and we STILL don't know much for SURE.

That's why people that take the "I'm right and you're wrong" approach, which can be either side in this debate, are the real morons.

You can say what you want but the fact is this: The theory of evolution is widely accepted as fact in the scientific community. Creation theory was never widely accepted by science and is considered an obsolete theory by science. To say that the creation theory is in any way factually equal to the theory of evolution is absurd.

Powerman said:
You can say what you want but the fact is this: The theory of evolution is widely accepted as fact in the scientific community. Creation theory was never widely accepted by science and is considered an obsolete theory by science. To say that the creation theory is in any way factually equal to the theory of evolution is absurd.

Nor any of the hundreds of creation theories floating around this world. Remember the Native Americans and their cosmic corncob?

Now get ready to be inundated by a bunch of knuckleheads saying that scientists don't know anything about science. Oh yeah, and that some scientists disagree with each other, so how can you trust anything they say? And that some scientists agree that the world is only 6000 years old. There are some deep thinkers on this board.

Yeah. Religous people tend to be very stubborn because they believe what they want to believe. Without faith which is the belief in something for which there is no standard of proof there is no way anyone would try to disprove evolution.

Powerman said:

The Earth being flat was once widely accepted by the scientific community and people just like you made the same arguements at people who thought the world was round. It was once widely accepted by the scientific community that maggots were spontaneously created from meat, but that was disproven. The tonsils were once thought to be useless by the scientific community while religious people kept saying that God didn't hand out spare parts. Tonsils were later found to be a key part of the immune system. The appendix was once thought to be useless by the scientific community while religious people kept saying that God didn't hand out spare parts. Tonsils were later found out to be key in filtering toxins from the bloodstream.

Scientists theories about how evolution "really happened' change every few years because they find yet something else that disproves them. The fruitless search for the missing link has caused them to conclude that transspecies evolution happens so quickly that it rarely leaves behind a fossil record, while a grand total of less than a dozen fossils are said to be missing links. I'm thinking they're more like the platypus, which is not an evolutionary link between duck and beaver, but rather a creature in and of itself. It's also a scientific fact that mutations remove information from the DNA strand rather than add it, so where did all this information supposedly added to DNA between bacteria and us come from?

Sure, there's evidence for evolution, but that evidence is hardly ever scrutinized enough, and those who do scrutinize it are immediately dismissed as religious zealots, even if they're not religious. In fact, among the scientific community at large, greater and greater numbers of scientific minds are seeing evolution as implausible, and even though most of them don't switch over to believing in God, they believe that we must look elsewhere for our origins. Are you seriously going to say that Albert Einstein was a "moron" just like the rest of us who are "too stubborn" to accept evolution as fact?

Now, I'm not trying to convert you to believing in creationism, but you two seem to dismiss every alternative theory as some crack pot piece of religion that has no basis in fact and is absolutely untrue. Are you really so closed-minded that you can't even open yourself to the possibility that you might be wrong. I am. I might be wrong. I don't think I am, but I don't think that I'm so correct that everyone who doesn't think like I do is stupid. That attitude is the epitomy of blindness, ignorance, arrogance, and a general lack of manners and respect.

Yeah. Religous people tend to be very stubborn because they believe what they want to believe. Without faith which is the belief in something for which there is no standard of proof there is no way anyone would try to disprove evolution.

Once again, many atheistic and agnostic scientists have seen enough holes in evolution that they are beginning to look elsewhere for our origins, and it's absurd that you would believe they are doing so for religious reasons. Oh, and being well respected scientists with a lot of credibility in the scientific community, attempting to call them stubborn morons like you do to us will completely discredit you.

You may be able to get away with this childish attitude with some people, but around here, blanket claims that you're right and everyone else is a moron hold no water.

Once again, many atheistic and agnostic scientists have seen enough holes in evolution that they are beginning to look elsewhere for our origins
-------------------------
I want to see that documented by a credible source. I don't believe it.

Powerman said:

Anyone that would accept a theory as fact is a moron, and on top of that, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

The scientific community somewhat accepts the theory of evolution as the best "theory", because they don't know and can't prove shit. They DO NOT accept it as FACT.

Pale Rider said:
Anyone that would accept a theory as fact is a moron, and on top of that, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

The scientific community somewhat accepts the theory of evolution as the best "theory", because they don't know and can't prove shit. They DO NOT accept it as FACT.

I take it that since you accept the Theory of Gravity, you are a moron? How about Germ Theory? Still think that people who accept theories are morons? If so, these morons tend to be the type of people that routinely save people's lives... Jeez... How many "morons" are in high places?

alien21010 said:
I take it that since you accept the Theory of Gravity, you are a moron? How about Germ Theory? Still think that people who accept theories are morons? If so, these morons tend to be the type of people that routinely save people's lives... Jeez... How many "morons" are in high places?

It's the *Law* of Gravity. Germ Theory also has more mountains of direct evidence supporting it than evolution has pieces of evidence. Germ Theory is practically law now. Every section of it has been tested and found true over and over again. Evolution has not. Show me documentation showing the emergence of a new species from a pre-existing species being observed directly, not some fossil record where one fossil in one place that may or may not have been constructed properly kinda looks like two different animals.

You accuse of saying, "God said it. That makes it fact. End of story." In actuality, we're not arguing anything but the plausibility of creationism. What you're doing is, "Science said it. That makes it fact. End of story." Science isn't perfect.

I want to see that documented by a credible source. I don't believe it.

Too much to post here. Just Google "creation theory." Fewer than half the sites are affiliated with any religious organization, and fewer than that have an all Christian staff.

Just Google "creation theory."
-----------------
Sure thing. Look what I found. Scroll down a bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsolete_scientific_theories

Looks like creation theory comes up under the list of obsolete theories....

By the way if you want to look for facts don't use google. Try answers.com or wikipedi.com Google will bring you to random websites which may or may not be credible. You should try looking for facts instead of a website that suits your purpose.

Powerman said:
Just Google "creation theory."
-----------------
Sure thing. Look what I found. Scroll down a bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsolete_scientific_theories

Looks like creation theory comes up under the list of obsolete theories....

By the way if you want to look for facts don't use google. Try answers.com or wikipedi.com Google will bring you to random websites which may or may not be credible. You should try looking for facts instead of a website that suits your purpose.

Wikipedia? Here's a tip. Don't try to prove anything with wikipedia; you just look doltish.

Wikipedia? Here's a tip. Don't try to prove anything with wikipedia; you just look doltish.
------------------------
Perhaps you can tell me which websites you think are credible on this discussion? I'm all ears. Fact is evolution is regarded as an elite theory compared to intelligent design amongst the scientific community. That is a simple fact of life that you don't care to acknowledge.

Powerman said:
------------------------
Perhaps you can tell me which websites you think are credible on this discussion? I'm all ears. Fact is evolution is regarded as an elite theory compared to intelligent design amongst the scientific community. That is a simple fact of life that you don't care to acknowledge.

The fact is any idiot with too much time on his hands can make entries in wikipedia.

The fact is that intelligent design is not necessarily inconsistent with evolution. Intelligent Design != creationism.

Powerman said:
Intelligent design equals creationism to an extent. It does not claim that the biblical account is what actually happened but it maintains that we were "created" by an intelligent supreme being. This is a good read from a non biased source. Notice how science has termed it "Junk Science"

http://www.answers.com/intelligent+design?gwp=11&ver=1.0.7.177&method=3

There is no monolithic "science" to deem anything anything. Quit hating god.

Who said anything about hating God? Accepting evolution and having faith aren't mutually exclusive.

Powerman said:
Who said anything about hating God? Accepting evolution and having faith aren't mutually exclusive.

That's kind of the idea behind ID, dipass.

Forum List

Back