LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

you could just let the thread die....
And go join the 'Peter the Rock' thread? No thanks. At least this guy's OP was a little shorter, not by much however. This is a new guy and I want to see what he is made of. So far it's goin' great.
This is how threads like this work. Some person, either new or not, with start some thread with all caps for a title and make some long arrogant OP about how he, and no one else, has unlocked the key to the universe. I have no issue with that, I have started way too many of those myself. But then the OP has to either back up the shock-n-awe with a little fire power or get bumped around by more seasoned posters. What inevitably ends up happening is someone will kick off a topic which is slightly related to the OP, Bohr's model is not, and the thread will spring to life. Hopefully the OP will stick around, take his lumps, and enjoy the game. Or they just could be a dick to everyone.
are you sugesting thsat I am being a dick to the other posters??

you could just let the thread die....
And go join the 'Peter the Rock' thread? No thanks. At least this guy's OP was a little shorter, not by much however. This is a new guy and I want to see what he is made of. So far it's goin' great.
This is how threads like this work. Some person, either new or not, with start some thread with all caps for a title and make some long arrogant OP about how he, and no one else, has unlocked the key to the universe. I have no issue with that, I have started way too many of those myself. But then the OP has to either back up the shock-n-awe with a little fire power or get bumped around by more seasoned posters. What inevitably ends up happening is someone will kick off a topic which is slightly related to the OP, Bohr's model is not, and the thread will spring to life. Hopefully the OP will stick around, take his lumps, and enjoy the game. Or they just could be a dick to everyone.
are you sugesting thsat I am being a dick to the other posters??
No. I will say your style is very hard to work with. First of all try to keep threads to a single message. Scattered OP's get scattered replies, usually having nothing to do with anything significant in the OP. Getting a few nasty ones chiming in is par for the course and look for something you can use in each, there always is, enlightened, don't fight, OK, enlightened fight, just do it in as few words as possible. Take your time to reply, don't rush the shot. In here it is the art of verbal war meets moron. That was a joke. Joking is always good. Smilies are so very underused. I would use them but I feel as being on a mission from God (not joking oddly enough) I should not.

Always keep up the good fight! (and now having used all those sports references I am going to shoot myself in the head... kidding.)

="RandomVariable,
No. I will say your style is very hard to work with. First of all try to keep threads to a single message. Scattered OP's get scattered replies, usually having nothing to do with anything significant in the OP. Getting a few nasty ones chiming in is par for the course and look for something you can use in each, there always is, enlightened, don't fight, OK, enlightened fight, just do it in as few words as possible. Take your time to reply, don't rush the shot. In here it is the art of verbal war meets moron. That was a joke. Joking is always good. Smilies are so very underused. I would use them but I feel as being on a mission from God (not joking oddly enough) I should not.

Always keep up the good fight! (and now having used all those sports references I am going to shoot myself in the head... kidding.)
+ Part of the reason is that "I" am a hard man. not just my posts. I am 85 years old, and am stubborn and very opinionated. and I am quite unique But no worries, I have been thru this before , and recognize the roadblocks. while he likely won't take the hint, I have already set one otf the poster staright. he simply AIN'T gonna to shut down this thread".

(Your words)--In here it is the art of verbal war meets moron.-- I like your terminology, and i agree with it.

a mission from God??? Well, not quite, but in my position, sort of. --- Whatever, -- - Thanks again

="RandomVariable,

+ Part of the reason is that "I" am a hard man. not just my posts. I am 85 years old, and am stubborn and very opinionated. and I am quite unique But no worries, I have been thru this before , and recognize the roadblocks. while he likely won't take the hint, I have already set one otf the poster staright. he simply AIN'T gonna to shut down this thread".

(Your words)--In here it is the art of verbal war meets moron.-- I like your terminology, and i agree with it.

a mission from God??? Well, not quite, but in my position, sort of. --- Whatever, -- - Thanks again
What is your position though? You are burying your message. The only thing we like to bury around here is other posters. What do you want me to believe. Do not convince me, that's not going to happen ;), just tell me. If you had delete everything of your OP but one line what would be the one line you keep?

="RandomVariable,

What is your position though? You are burying your message. The only thing we like to bury around here is other posters. What do you want me to believe. Do not convince me, that's not going to happen ;), just tell me. If you had delete everything of your OP but one line what would be the one line you keep?
The written lijne I would use would be the title it'self. " LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. However, to paraphrase it would be, I don't believe there is a person god, but that the real god in mother nature ,as described and proven by science.

="RandomVariable,

The written lijne I would use would be the title it'self. " LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. However, to paraphrase it would be, I don't believe there is a person god, but that the real god in mother nature ,as described and proven by science.

="RandomVariable,

I take it then that you do not believe in the Bible. Do you believe there is any sacred text for this mother nature?

I take it then that you do not believe in the Bible. Do you believe there is any sacred text for this mother nature?

Principia Mathematica would be at the top of my list of sacred texts. That said, I do find a lot of the lessons in the Bible are good ones (especially the ones from Jesus that amounts to "don't be a dick"), but I also find lessons in eastern systems just as valid when it comes to living my life, namely the ones about not holding onto stuff and letting things go.

="RandomVariable,

I believe I stated in installment 2, that I blieve the Bible is a history book, tho I don't believe that everything therein is precisely accurate. further, I think thasti9f you really read my threads, you would know I coild not possibly have had any documentary proof, nor a text thereof. With that question I have to believe you are pulling my leg. OK, havee your fun, you aren't intiminating me.

="RandomVariable,

I believe I stated in installment 2, that I blieve the Bible is a history book, tho I don't believe that everything therein is precisely accurate. further, I think thasti9f you really read my threads, you would know I coild not possibly have had any documentary proof, nor a text thereof. With that question I have to believe you are pulling my leg. OK, havee your fun, you aren't intiminating me.
No, I'm serious. I just work up to my point slowly so as to eliminate miscommunication. The Bible could be a historical and a religious text. I was just confirming you categorized it as historical only. Even with what you said there might be documents you thought were not from ordinary sources, one might say. Your title of, 'let the force be with you', also happens to be a reference to the Jedi's power. Are you suggesting mother nature with Jedi powers? I actually mean that seriously. Finding common references points to explain and examine religious concepts is extremely difficult. I am sure God had a really difficult time with that. (Oddly enough I am serious about that also.)

No, I'm serious. I just work up to my point slowly so as to eliminate miscommunication. The Bible could be a historical and a religious text. I was just confirming you categorized it as historical only. Even with what you said there might be documents you thought were not from ordinary sources, one might say. Your title of, 'let the force be with you', also happens to be a reference to the Jedi's power. Are you suggesting mother nature with Jedi powers? I actually mean that seriously. Finding common references points to explain and examine religious concepts is extremely difficult. I am sure God had a really difficult time with that. (Oddly enough I am serious about that also.)
For some reason, your last post won't open Iv'e tried several times but it stays black

Does this work:

Principia Mathematica would be at the top of my list of sacred texts. That said, I do find a lot of the lessons in the Bible are good ones (especially the ones from Jesus that amounts to "don't be a dick"), but I also find lessons in eastern systems just as valid when it comes to living my life, namely the ones about not holding onto stuff and letting things go.
Since you weren't asked, even if I understood what you are jabbering about it wouldn't make any difference

Does this work:

Actually I find it funny that you asked in that manner, Of course the Title came from the Jedi, but then it was fiction. Just for your benefit, I m going to post a statement I made recently on another forum "PERBATIM" (which should answer your question.

Obi-wan Kanobi
By dictionary, I am defined as an atheist. I guess I am a semi-atheist, as I happen to be a strong believer in an afterlife, and nature. I just don't believe there is a grey-bearded man looking down at me from above, and i happen to believe "ON" CHRIST, but not "IN" CHRIST. (There is a difference)

My spritial beliefs can mostly be summed up with OBI-WAN KANOBI'S words, "LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU."

I am a Naturalist, and an Evolutionist.

I believe in aliens (space aliens) and that they are now around, and likely have been around since long before modern humans evolved.

I would very much enjoy discussing, or debating the issue with anyone interested.

Since you weren't asked, even if I understood what you are jabbering about it wouldn't make any difference
Two birds with one stone here hopefully. Principia Mathematica is like the highest achievement in mathematical texts, to phrase it badly. He is basically saying since all reality as we know it can be described by mathematics the text of such could possibly be considered the sacred scripture. He likes the Bible but only because it is fashionable to say so. (Now that is how we slice them around here. :D) What Steve does not know is that as God created all reality so there is a wisdom higher than mathematics and the Bible trumps Russell and Whitehead, the authors of Principia Mathematica.

Two birds with one stone here hopefully. Principia Mathematica is like the highest achievement in mathematical texts, to phrase it badly. He is basically saying since all reality as we know it can be described by mathematics the text of such could possibly be considered the sacred scripture. He likes the Bible but only because it is fashionable to say so. (Now that is how we slice them around here. :D) What Steve does not know is that as God created all reality so there is a wisdom higher than mathematics and the Bible trumps Russell and Whitehead, the authors of Principia Mathematica.
OK, I'm a bit lost and confused here, twice there is a ladder including post from some poster named Steven_R then you refer to him in your post, however, I have received neither posts from that person, although in each case I supposedly had a post From Random---which I could not open. Who is Steve, and were you speaking of him, or me?

Forum List

Back