If Blacks started voting Republican, would the Dems finally focus on their actual problems?

It is not.
It is almost required, yes it is. Unless you are an exception, you hit the lottery, can shoot hoops, have some special talent etc.
a college diploma is necesssary to climb out of poverty, absolutely.

If you want to tell your kids they don’t need it fine, they can serve mine burgers and fries as they are climbing the economic ladder to success.

Or they can learn a trade in a trade school somewhere and be middle or upper-middle class.
Possessing a degree in a trade still puts your earning potential higher. It is very important our population has access to higher education. Trades are needed and respected but for the majority of employment opportunities a degree has massive benefits.

Sure it has massive benefits, and it also puts you in massive debt.

My nephew is 32 years old and he took a second job at a department store just to try and pay back his college loans as soon as possible. His Masters degree landed him a good paying job, but not enough to pay the tens of thousands back that he owes. He works at a school for troubled children and of course is off all summer. He works just as many hours at the store in the summer as he does his regular job during the school year.
So what is there to do?!??!

Oh, we can make higher education more affordable. Then more citizens can have access to it. We would have a more educated population than ever and it would help us at home as well as on the world stage.

Tell me again why republicans refuse to discuss the cost of higher edu. Tell me again why trump and devos are making it harder to get loans and harder to pay back loans.

Oh that’s right, republicans only want rich kids in college. Keep the rich richer and the poor poorer. GOP motto.

What a load of bullshit.

The democrats want to insist - by law if necessary - that every institution with the power to do so offer loans to anyone regardless of creditworthiness (particularly if superficial factors like skin tone are involved), then bitch and moan when people default on those loans or eventually face the reality that had always been waiting for them ("they were tricked!" "burdened with debt!"). They lack the honesty to come out and say what they really mean, which is that they want free shit. Well, shit is never free. They parrot "make higher education more affordable!" when almost half of all students enrolled in college now can't graduate within 6 years. Simply forcing more people into higher education will accomplish nothing but necessarily making it more expensive.

Idiots

High school seems like a waste when there’s no chance you could ever afford college.

It wouldn't be a waste if they taught things for non-college people. I believe that our public schools need to put more effort into teaching investments and costs related to having children; compound interest, real estate, stock market and commodities.
College isn’t right for everyone, another path is great. If college was more accessible and high school was career/even trade oriented everyone would be covered. I’m so sick of those standardized tests I think they’re ridiculous.

The standardized tests are not the problem.

Degree inflation is a problem.

I knew a single mom who was going to school to get a certification to be a NURSE'S AID.

That's utter bullshit. The fucking hospital needs to pay for that training, and it the have put that much fucking responsibility on nurse's aides, that they need to a fucking CERTIFICATE, then they need to start paying them more.

Why, comrade?

Because paying for a certificate for a low paying job is an undue hardship and not cost effective for anyone involved except the greedy hospital that doesn't want to pay to train a freaking aide.
Absolutely.

What are Republicans doing to help blacks "problems"

Other than lock them up

Haha...no matter how hard you try...you just cant convince anyone sane of your bullshit. Third graders know Blacks and Mexicans can't get out of their own way...they are their own worst enemy...No moral compass and super low iQ's.

Winner, winner
Chicken Dinner!!

More reasons blacks won't vote Republican

It’s already been pointed out. Raising minimum wage, making healthcare more accessible and affordable, making education more accessible to all.
Minimum wage? What does that matter when the dems are flooding the market with competition?
What do the dems do about healthcare? They don't make it more affordable. They just make it free for poor people.
Education more accessible? How is that possible when it's already there for every kid?
And does that really matter to them anyways? Blacks have a 50% drop out rate.
Education is available to every kid? That’s a joke. High school is provided to every kid. College costs a small fortune and only rich kids have easy access to it. And like I’ve said before, when college is unaffordable high school seems like a waste. Why not just start working (low paying jobs) when that’s the only option they see?

I can't wait to tell my niece and nephew they are rich kids. They will be so excited to hear that.
I said only rich kids have easy access to it. I made it through college, coming from the poorest zip code in my state, it was no easy task.

I know it's not. It's not easy for my niece, nephew or my sister who borrowed considerable amounts for their college. They are going to have to work many years of their lives to repay those loans. Outside of good grades, my niece and nephew had no more an opportunity to go to collage than anybody else.
My experiences exactly. I don’t think it’s fair to put that burden on young people just trying to get a degree. Why should people be in debt half their lives for trying to be a successful and contributing member of society?

Mexicans come across our border to murder and rape, they send their worst over

Muslims are terrorists

So what was incorrect about that statement?
More reason why blacks and minorities will not vote Republican

Republicans have embraced racism and encouraged views like you spout

Calling it racist does not answer the question.

BUt you knew that.

YOu dodged the question on purpose.

Because you know that defending illegals will make you look like a fool.

MS-13-IllegalAliens.jpg

Nice picture

Is that intended to scare white people?

Those are some of the illegals that come across the border to rape and kill.

The ones you want to keep here so they can rape and kill Americans.

That should scare any and all Americans regardless of race.

YOur race baiting is you being a shit, you know that right?

Why don't you post pictures of hard working Mexicans trying to support their families? Like the overwhelming majority are

Doesn't fit Trumps strategy of scapegoating immigrants as threats

Minimum wage? What does that matter when the dems are flooding the market with competition?
What do the dems do about healthcare? They don't make it more affordable. They just make it free for poor people.
Education more accessible? How is that possible when it's already there for every kid?
And does that really matter to them anyways? Blacks have a 50% drop out rate.
Education is available to every kid? That’s a joke. High school is provided to every kid. College costs a small fortune and only rich kids have easy access to it. And like I’ve said before, when college is unaffordable high school seems like a waste. Why not just start working (low paying jobs) when that’s the only option they see?

I can't wait to tell my niece and nephew they are rich kids. They will be so excited to hear that.
I said only rich kids have easy access to it. I made it through college, coming from the poorest zip code in my state, it was no easy task.

I know it's not. It's not easy for my niece, nephew or my sister who borrowed considerable amounts for their college. They are going to have to work many years of their lives to repay those loans. Outside of good grades, my niece and nephew had no more an opportunity to go to collage than anybody else.
My experiences exactly. I don’t think it’s fair to put that burden on young people just trying to get a degree. Why should people be in debt half their lives for trying to be a successful and contributing member of society?

Then who should the burden be on? We taxpayers are already 20 trillion in debt.

The 2007 bush Great Recession.

Sending jobs overseas for the cheap labor. We allowed this.

How were we to stop it? A President doesn't send jobs overseas--companies opt to do it on their own.
Our President sends jobs overseas

So.......Bush called up companies and said "Hey ya all, you're going to have to leave this country!!"
Trump

Trump did that? Any evidence to support your claim?

It is almost required, yes it is. Unless you are an exception, you hit the lottery, can shoot hoops, have some special talent etc.
a college diploma is necesssary to climb out of poverty, absolutely.

If you want to tell your kids they don’t need it fine, they can serve mine burgers and fries as they are climbing the economic ladder to success.

Or they can learn a trade in a trade school somewhere and be middle or upper-middle class.
Possessing a degree in a trade still puts your earning potential higher. It is very important our population has access to higher education. Trades are needed and respected but for the majority of employment opportunities a degree has massive benefits.

My nephew is 32 years old and he took a second job at a department store just to try and pay back his college loans as soon as possible. His Masters degree landed him a good paying job, but not enough to pay the tens of thousands back that he owes. He works at a school for troubled children and of course is off all summer. He works just as many hours at the store in the summer as he does his regular job during the school year.

Oh, we can make higher education more affordable. Then more citizens can have access to it. We would have a more educated population than ever and it would help us at home as well as on the world stage.

Tell me again why republicans refuse to discuss the cost of higher edu. Tell me again why trump and devos are making it harder to get loans and harder to pay back loans.

Oh that’s right, republicans only want rich kids in college. Keep the rich richer and the poor poorer. GOP motto.

What a load of bullshit.

The democrats want to insist - by law if necessary - that every institution with the power to do so offer loans to anyone regardless of creditworthiness (particularly if superficial factors like skin tone are involved), then bitch and moan when people default on those loans or eventually face the reality that had always been waiting for them ("they were tricked!" "burdened with debt!"). They lack the honesty to come out and say what they really mean, which is that they want free shit. Well, shit is never free. They parrot "make higher education more affordable!" when almost half of all students enrolled in college now can't graduate within 6 years. Simply forcing more people into higher education will accomplish nothing but necessarily making it more expensive.

Idiots
It’s not about forcing anyone into education. It’s about making sure anyone who wants it has reasonable access to it. Reasonable preparation for it. Our society can not advance and can not be competitive internationally without an educated population. It is better for everyone. It is better for our companies and institutions. It will help decrease crime and poverty. It will ease our problems of homelessness and child hunger. It will decrease the need for social welfare. And frankly, we don’t need you behind that cause, because it is becoming a clear problem in America.

Education is an investment that in the long term would pay for itself and then some.

So what was incorrect about that statement?
More reason why blacks and minorities will not vote Republican

Republicans have embraced racism and encouraged views like you spout

Calling it racist does not answer the question.

BUt you knew that.

YOu dodged the question on purpose.

Because you know that defending illegals will make you look like a fool.

MS-13-IllegalAliens.jpg

Nice picture

Is that intended to scare white people?

Those are some of the illegals that come across the border to rape and kill.

The ones you want to keep here so they can rape and kill Americans.

That should scare any and all Americans regardless of race.

YOur race baiting is you being a shit, you know that right?

Why don't you post pictures of hard working Mexicans trying to support their families? Like the overwhelming majority are

Doesn't fit Trumps strategy of scapegoating immigrants as threats

Because we weren't talking about them.

You claimed that mentioning the rapists and the murderers coming across the border was nothing but scapegoating.

So, I posted a picture of some of them.

A picture of some of the "good people" that comes across the border, would be very cold comfort to the raped or dead victims of those illegal gang members.

Trump and his supporters want to deport those criminals, and to stop more from coming.

You want to let them stay and let more come.

The 2007 bush Great Recession.

Sending jobs overseas for the cheap labor. We allowed this.

How were we to stop it? A President doesn't send jobs overseas--companies opt to do it on their own.

So.......Bush called up companies and said "Hey ya all, you're going to have to leave this country!!"
Trump

Why, I’m happy you asked.

How many Trump products were made overseas? Here’s the complete list.

High school seems like a waste when there’s no chance you could ever afford college.

It wouldn't be a waste if they taught things for non-college people. I believe that our public schools need to put more effort into teaching investments and costs related to having children; compound interest, real estate, stock market and commodities.
College isn’t right for everyone, another path is great. If college was more accessible and high school was career/even trade oriented everyone would be covered. I’m so sick of those standardized tests I think they’re ridiculous.

I knew a single mom who was going to school to get a certification to be a NURSE'S AID.

That's utter bullshit. The fucking hospital needs to pay for that training, and it the have put that much fucking responsibility on nurse's aides, that they need to a fucking CERTIFICATE, then they need to start paying them more.

Why, comrade?

Because paying for a certificate for a low paying job is an undue hardship and not cost effective for anyone involved except the greedy hospital that doesn't want to pay to train a freaking aide.

What a load of horse shit.

Trump

Why, I’m happy you asked.

How many Trump products were made overseas? Here’s the complete list.

That's not "sending" jobs out of the country. Trump fully admits that he has products made overseas. That's how competition works. Make the products here and then end up losing sales because consumers can find cheaper products elsewhere.

Education is an investment that in the long term would pay for itself and then some.

You failed to answer the question.

And yes, advanced education is an investment. An investment is when you take your own money, put it into something, and hopefully get your money back plus a profit. If you want the taxpayers to pay for that investment, then make it fair. Let the taxpayers buy me some commodity contracts; maybe more real estate.

Why, comrade?

What a load of horse shit.

My mother was a nurse aide for something like 30 years.

So was my MOther in law.

Neither of them received formal education for their jobs, they received their training on the job, while getting paid.

What a load of bullshit.

Idiots
It’s not about forcing anyone into education. It’s about making sure anyone who wants it has reasonable access to it. Reasonable preparation for it. Our society can not advance and can not be competitive internationally without an educated population. It is better for everyone. It is better for our companies and institutions. It will help decrease crime and poverty. It will ease our problems of homelessness and child hunger. It will decrease the need for social welfare. And frankly, we don’t need you behind that cause, because it is becoming a clear problem in America.

We have so many college graduates that can't find work now. So you want more educated unemployed people?

Forum List

Back